What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A coffee addict finds fresh purpose

Boob McNoob

Sticking with my anonymous bag seed but making use of recycled containers to reduce my footprint and veg cycle with eighteen started and fifteen up in this new system. Mentioned elsewhere, I maintain seven different stations in an attempt to stage a perpetual garden indoors due to the sad reality that my State remains in the Dark Ages of personal freedom. I've had modest reliability but continual frustration with my previous approach going from 1/2 gal to 2 gal then up to 5 gal with a two month veg period. The appearance of males after this generous allocation of time and space has proven a bit disheartening so I'm giving this routine a run which should see a potential harvest window by the end of July. Have eight going 12/12 from seed in my main space (2 x 4 closet with a Mars Hydro SP3000) but the remaining ten spread out among the other lighting configurations to provide a backup and failsafe for any potential shortfalls.
IMG_20220501_185844.jpg

IMG_20220501_185916.jpg

Image578.jpg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Very nice Boob, not bad for a bag seed grow. :tiphat:

I'm still fixated on those cans. Is that Folgers 100% Colombian coffee, I hope?

If it's the 24.2 oz at 210 cups, that means about 1,680 cups were consumed to accumulate your collection.

If it's the 32 oz at 315 cup size (My bet), that's about 2,520 cups.

I won't ask over what time period, but I know for a fact that pot goes very well with coffee.

.......... how many joints per cup will tell the tale?

Boob McNoob

These are the big boys - 400 cup version. I'm good for about two pots a day; 12 cups per. Pulling out the calculator that's under a year to accumulate all eighteen but I've probably been gathering them for two or three years - other brands occasionally and my OCD tendencies force the similar ones into this configuration. I've got a bunch of Maxwell House and generic ones out in the yard handling ornamental efforts.
IMG_20220524_102123.jpg

A few weeks away from full growth for the bulbs breaking ground in the blue and black containers - this is what will brighten the yard when they pop open.
IMG_20210628_161032.jpg

Boob McNoob

My compulsions are maddening (especially since I'm hyper aware of how ridiculous they are); labels need to be turned the same way and patterns adhered to - moving things from one spot to another requires this attention to detail even during temporary placement.

Boob McNoob

The originals from this experiment that ran 12/12 from seed have been shuffled to the alternate cabinets and this group has had the benefit of 18/6 for approaching the normal two month veg period. Six fresh beans down to form the coming wave should have at least four to six weeks on long hours so I seem to have found the groove that I've envisioned for years now to run my operation as a perpetual. As the early batch reaches maturity the new kids will inherit the mid range boxes to allow for a gentler transition and winnow out any males.
IMG_20220628_012950391.jpg

Boob McNoob

Although I've switched back to my previous strategy (start in small containers and progressively upgrade) indoors, the viability of the Sea of Green cannot be overlooked or cast aside. I organized 20 of the Coffee Club containers for use outside and dropped a generous 3 beans each in order to work in a clandestine effort testing the waters of how workable this method is in the relative obscurity of a small greenhouse in the back yard.
IMG_20230507_163608384.jpg

mamma.jpg

With a shift to adding clones to my arsenal inside I've squandered the first trimester of this year taking cuts from indeterminate sprouts which frustratingly revealed themselves as male before taking the step of revegging a partially harvested female to serve as a dedicated Mother plant. The first wave of cuts taken from her were of older growth (established woody stems) have proven futile as they struggled to produce roots but fresh branches are nearing the point of enough bulk to offer themselves for the task.
IMG_20230507_164936649.jpg

Bonus shot of my above ground vegetable garden freshly planted and ready for a run through Spring, Summer, and Fall.

Boob McNoob

As long as she stays in a vegetative state I plan on using her for the main matrix; cuts are also being taken from her clones as they are big enough to offer samples.
IMG_20230711_211144867.jpg
IMG_20230712_231658749.jpg

Currently sharing this 3 X 1.5 X 5 ft cabinet, she has about 20 inches of headroom. Almost all of the old growth has been removed at this stage and she's showing a wealth of potential from the two new main stalks and their offshoots. With her first cuts now in flower she's proving the wisdom of investing almost four months in this project so far.