What's new

a 1.2 sg. ft. micro tube - anybody do tubes here?

igrowone

Veteran
This is from an in progress grow, so a fair amount of debugging has been done. I was looking for a cheap, stealthy grow setup. This was my solution.

I used aluminum flashing from the local home depot. About $20 worth. Pre-painted white on one side, brown on the other. Cut strips, about 4 feet long. Width can be purchased as either 14 or 10 inch. Thin aluminum, very easy to work with.
Bend around and you get cylinders of 14/10 inch height, and pretty much wide as you want. I stacked 3 to get a tube 38 inches tall. Screws for making sections, duct tape for stacking sections. Pc case fan add for vent.
Used a steel pizza dish with porcelain sockets, on top and you have a light fixture for less than 10$. 3 26w cfl's. That's low but bear with me, check out the result below. A nl#5 , about a 3 week veg, and 28 days into 12/12.

attachment.php

Attachments

• day49.jpg
    day49.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
thnx for looks and the interest

here's a pic with plant out of it's tube, about 28 inches tall
this is 51 days, with 30 days of 12/12
don't know what the yield will be, but getting a little excited
this has been grown with only 78 watts of cfl

attachment.php

Attachments

• day51.jpg
    day51.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 11

igrowone

Veteran
nl#5 - Day 53

nl#5 - Day 53

Day 32 of 12/12, bud is bulking up.

This was grown in MG Organic Garden soil. 2 gallons of dirt, 10% perlite, and 2 tbsp each of MG bone meal and dolomite.

Only been fed with a bone meal/molasses tea. Bit of wood ash added for potassium and to raise ph. MG bone meal has a 6-9-0 rating, and it has has seemed to work for me.

attachment.php

Attachments

• day53.jpg
    day53.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 10

igrowone

Veteran
Day 55

Day 55

The wind blows and the bud grows. Well, it would if this wasn't inside. Needed a little creative outlet there. Day 34 of 12/12. Looking pretty fine. Getting red stems on the fan leaves, look cool. Smell is very low. A bit of skunk with something else, pine maybe. Feeding with molasses and water. Probably stick with that, then just water.

attachment.php

Attachments

• day55.jpg
    day55.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 12

igrowone

Veteran
Day 57

Day 57

I think I've seen the height max out, around 29 inches and holding. The bud leaves are getting frosty, and that is a nice sight. Been a long time since I've had my favorite plant up close. Day 38 of 12/12, my last update was a little off on that score. Plant pulled out of tube for feeding and pix taking. Actually I've stopped feeding, was using a bone meal tea. The time for it to completely breakdown should take me to harvest. Main cola is really bulking up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• day57.jpg
    day57.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 8

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Looking good dude. You can click on "User menu" then go to "My Albums". Click "Create new album" and then click "Upload Images".

Then to add them to a post do this:

If you don't see any of the above, click "Go Advanced".

igrowone

Veteran
scrubninja

thnx for the help. i have tried that, but found the res of the pictures was pretty small, the attachments are higher res
from what i can see, most of the high res pics that are inline are hosted on other sites

igrowone

Veteran
day 59

day 59

Day 40 of 12/12. Bulging main cola. Smell is so low you never know it was there. Pushed the cfl's right to the edge on the main cola, as close as i feel is safe. Shooting for a 1 oz grow, could be at this point. And finally figured the image insertion process.

attachment.php

Attachments

• day59.jpg
    day59.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 12

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
scrubninja

thnx for the help. i have tried that, but found the res of the pictures was pretty small, the attachments are higher res
from what i can see, most of the high res pics that are inline are hosted on other sites

Yeah that's right, I think the limit in the gallery is 145kb and attachments is 1mb. That may depend on postcount, I'm not sure. I don't like attachments personally because if I'm too slow moving my mouse over them, they automatically expand and block out the screen....that's probably a problem on my end though.

Keep up the good work anyway :)

igrowone

Veteran
actually, if you just have dropped by, i figured out the high res trick<br> thnx for the help, got me looking in the right place

igrowone

Veteran
thnx for the good feedback - it seems to be working - we'll see what the grams/watts turns out to be - and more important how sweet the smoke

igrowone

Veteran
Day 61

Day 61

Day 42 of 12/12. Looks like it's maturing on schedule. Seed was from highgrade-seeds, they quote 56 of 12/12. Of course this can vary a bit. Smell is so low you could have a room of these plants and not know it. This is the stealthiest of the stealthy. It almost got away from me in height, looks like it will top out at 30 inches. But how much bud will be(or not be), that is the question.

attachment.php

Attachments

• day61.jpg
    day61.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 10

igrowone

Veteran
thnx for the info, haven't tasted nl yet and getting real impatient
thought the main cola looking dense, but then you wonder if its your imagination - definitely worth a bit of +rep

igrowone

Veteran
Day 63

Day 63

Day 44 of 12/12. 12 more days by the breeder's guidelines. I think I'll harvest the main cola then, maybe 1 other, then let the smaller ones ripen for another week. I think the 1 oz. looks pretty firm, probably between 1 and 2 oz. Latest pic is from outside the tube. Nice plant for 78w if I do say so myself.
attachment.php

Attachments

• day63.jpg
    day63.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 8

igrowone

Veteran
Setup

Setup

I do, these are from the start. The tube was covered in insulation, unheated location and was cold at the time. Foil on the tube is a light baffle over the vent holes. Pix of the view from top of tube, outside of tube and the fixture.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• inside.jpeg
    inside.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10
  • outside.jpeg
    outside.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
  • fixture.jpeg
    fixture.jpeg