What's new

9k custom ebb n grow

G

Guest 168361

hello again,

this is a grow i just helped to set up. it's really not all that custom, just 2 ebb n grow systems bored out from 1/2 " line to 3/4" line and some fiddling with the control buckets.

strains running are white widow and jack's cleaner X cotton candy.

feeding gh(3 part) lucas formula, with a whole slew of additives.

G

Guest 168361

thanks sam!
I'm using sl grow rocks...they don't roll all over like hydroton and they cost half as much

Budweiser13

Yes tagged I love all bucket grow's and I have built these systems myself and used them please show us more of the setup looks as if you have the buckets raised with 2x4's or something...tagged:wave:

Budweiser13

Also pics of controller would be nice also this is a big ebb n gro bucket system looks awesome so far more pics please.

nice .. looking good.

How do you like the sunleaves "rocks" as far as root growth? im using the same setup

How high are you elevating the buckets above the controller?

G

Guest 168361

the buckets are raised with 2x4's to around 6" give or take off the ground. I modded the control buckets so they would pull from the bottom of the buckets. Also swapped out the shitty c.a.p pumps with some nice mag drive pumps. ill get some more setup pictures on here tomorrow..

as for the sl rocks i think they work just as good as hydroton. I think they may batter the roots more when transplanting but if your careful then they really work just as good. also they dont roll and are much easier to dispose of... i just dump them in my yard. they also cost like half as much as other similar mediums

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice grow lets see some more pics...anything over 5 lights i like to see. i really wanna try the bucket systems out makes me kinda pissed off i went the flood tray route...

G

Guest 168361

yea man buckets over flood trays all day for me. used to have 2 ebb n flows but went the bucket route because i didnt have the vertical room.

G

Guest 168361

ok so here what we did to the cap ebb n grow.

step 1: bored out all the buckets to fit 3/4 in tubing.

step 2: raised the buckets with 2x4's so they drain all the way and so the new mag drive pumps don't loose their prime.

step 3: put in all cool tube reflectors for the lights and vent the room through the bigass carbon filter

step 4: we added a cool air intake controlled by a thermostat.

also vented each branch of 3 lights with an 8" vortex
we can keep the rooms temp set to basically whatever we program it to. the plants are exploding now after a mind bending transplant shock. probably an inch a day at least....love the ebb n grow. It's the most "set it and forget" it system with awesome results.

G

Guest 168361

all we really did to the control bucket is take out the timer relay and float switches and pop them on an 11 gallon square bucket. We did this so that the mag drive pumps wouldn't run dry and loose their prime.

we drilled the intake for the pump at the lowest spot on the bucket and the feeder tubes a bit higher.....

the float switches were measured and put in so the top float was near the tops of the buckets and the bottom float was right at the bottom of the buckets so they would drain mostly out.

this is what we started with

we also ran seperate feeder hoses to each rez from a y splitter with shut off valves.......just did that so we wouldn't have to have hose all over the floor.....(even tho there is anyway).....

and also on a side note i used gromets to attach the tees to each bucket......however if i do this over again im deffinately gonna use the ebb n flow type fittings that screw on because i had tons of leaks.....and silicone and hot glue suck ass! I know it works for many others but maybe im just retarded.....

until next time folks

G

Guest 168361

inside each rez is a mag drive pump to work the fill cycle and i also put a mondi utility pump in each rez for when I dump the rez's.

Thats a pretty nice room you got there my friend :-D

Def a nice filled out space. Those babies are for sure in a nice home
that they can not complain about hehe.

as for the grommets glue and silicon jiv.. I hear ya lol I grabbed some of this kinda TACKIE glue from the craft store.. it seems to be waterproof after running for a week straight now, but this stuff is intense... drys clear and SUPER SUPER rubbery. The shit is like latex lol

I believe its called.. "The Ultimate" by API.

out of 18 buckets... i had 3 of them leak when i filled the system... the leaks though were about 1 drop of water an hour.. so really wasnt an issue, regardless though I redid those buckets and im leak free now :-D

As for future though, im buying my fittings from here, they screw on so there PERFECT...
Bulkhead with a built in barbed fittings, cant beat it.

http://www.sea-of-green.com/1-2-tub-outlet-fitting.html

cheers my friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts