What's new

99 Plants. Would like your input.

BayAreaBomber

bayareabomber. can you explain more your layout. and how many plants per table and how many lights per table.

I have 32 plants per 4x4 table and 1000watts per table. I grow sog and get about 3/4-1oz per plant. why so much room and so many watts for 99 plants. Are you going for trees or bushstyle. If so I recommend dwc bucket system.

Well, at first I wasn't planning on Ebb n Flow so I was assuming the ladies were going to be full sized. There's no way I could run 99 under 5 lights...not for the output I want.

The E/F is looking hella nice though. I'm in love with Dongle's set up. She's running 96 plants and pulled 8pounds, then 9pounds. She's under 6k watts, ebb n flow. Harvest in 2 month period while ladies only get to be 12" or so...simply lovely.

Layout...what more would you like to know? 5 bedroom house=HELLA room for whatever:laughing:

I was watching Family Guy and decided to get bold. I have to convice my buddy of this, which I'm sure will be easy. I'm just going to run two rooms mimicking Dongle's set up. Saves me space...except it'll be 12k total. Run them perpetually. Fuck the 99 count...We goin dumb. Just run one at first to get the feel, half way through start the other room. Eh eh??

BayAreaBomber

Some of you guys need to chill on the "two people is no where near enough, you'll never be able to handle it"

Complete BS. I do my 9k with one other person, and I have other grower friends who do twice as much by themselves. Lots of work but totally doable.

Bottom line Bomber, don't be put off by people saying "think small you'll never be able to handle the work" because that just isn't true.

If your trying to stay under the 99 limit (sigh, I wish) then your gonna wanna really veg out those girls if your doing 10k. Because you will need to veg out a long time your mom room is gonna need to be large because your going to wanna veg for a month or longer.

I always think big. If it was up to me, I'd be building a huge underground greenhouse or doing a warehouse operation haha. I like your 7k op. I'm browsing through it now looking for ideas.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
ok so this is no big deal to me i see shit like this everyday....so trust me don't sweat it, just keep your lips zipped make sure your sb420 exempt (talk to ur doc) anyway i know a guy running 96 buckets under 8kw (ebb n grow/multiflow buckets) all you need is 4 55 gal res's (24 plants per res) this setup could even be maintined by 1 person.... your looking at yeilding 16lbs per run minimum unless you fuck up big time

use 1kw per 12 buckets i running 24 buckets right now under 2k but i plan on doing this on a larger scale next time with 96 buckets with no mothers in the house ( maybe 1 headband mother and one barney mother thats it ) buy all your clones or keep 2-3 huge mothers capable of 96 large cuts per run

so in the end your gonna need a 6 inch vortex for every 2kw, gonna need 8 super sun 2 's or magnum xxls depending on your budget, 8 ballasts, (or 4 and a flip/flop) a power box and you need to run 240 of course, gonna need a dedicated 15 amp circuit for each 2kw so in total 4 15 amp circuits long as ur running 240 should be ok , also may consider some dual pole 30 ampers regardless your your elec knowledge your gonna need an electrican you can trust for sure....

what else.... hmmm well ur gonna need 5k btu air conditioner on average per 1k maybe more if your in a warm enviorment....

id use canna aqua full line of nutes their costly and ive had good results in ebb n gro with GH flora series but i bet i can do way better with cannabis specific nuterients made for ebb n gro

good job staying under the fed 99 smart man i want to see more people doing this... i will be here after this next run you better believe it i am positive i can maintain 8kw 96 plants + 2 mothers all by my lonely self no problem

as far as grow style it really depends on your strain i have the 2 best strains in cali imo they work perfectly for me i can see myself running 48 barneys/ 48 daywrecker headbands at a time both perfect for what i need, so its all about the strain, depends on your veg time as well- you going to want to have your strain of choice dialed in for sure....

I plan on doing all this contained in 2 grow tents so im just hooking u up with basically my whole plan for the future id like to see someone take a swing at it, im sure you can do it all by yourself...

Mist

I think that what most of the people are trying to tell you is to get it started at a small scale and dial everything in and then jump it up to full size.
This is actually a fairly common thread for cannabis forums. And this may be a generalization, but there are many people who do 10 or 12 plants for several grows and then try to jump it up to 50-100 plants and find it is a whole different world. And this is not due to them not having good growing skills. It is because 50-100 plants done right is a lot of work.
I have a personal theory on this and please take it with a grain of salt. And that theory is, if you are on here asking how to do a grow this big and what the best methods are then your probably not ready for a grow of this size. Just take it slow and add on gradually till you get there.

Happy Growing.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sentenced to 20 months vs 20 years is a BIG difference. You said 20 years first. That makes all this a little more believable. .

Dongle's setup is definitely something to emulate. You are going to need a lot of money up front to rig out a 12k grow. When you start getting that big it's going to cost a lot more in build out to deal with heat, ventilation, rez control, on and on. I applaud your ambition and I'm not trying to sound like your mom here, but I can't stress enough what these other guys are saying about going from running 20 like you are use to to 12k with 100++ plants. Sorry if I'm :beat-dead

Unless you have a SERIOUS chunk of cash laying around you are going to have to grow into a 12k anyway.

BayAreaBomber

Sentenced to 20 months vs 20 years is a BIG difference. You said 20 years first. That makes all this a little more believable. .

Dongle's setup is definitely something to emulate. You are going to need a lot of money up front to rig out a 12k grow. When you start getting that big it's going to cost a lot more in build out to deal with heat, ventilation, rez control, on and on. I applaud your ambition and I'm not trying to sound like your mom here, but I can't stress enough what these other guys are saying about going from running 20 like you are use to to 12k with 100++ plants. Sorry if I'm :beat-dead

Unless you have a SERIOUS chunk of cash laying around you are going to have to grow into a 12k anyway.

No, you read right. I was sentenced to 10 years on both charges, with 9 years suspended on each charge. I had 18 years backup time while on probation. You guys need to get informed...that's basic shit. Suspended time, so they can hold it over your head. If you violate probation/parole, then judge can then give you X amount of years more to serve. They gave me two years to serve. After good time, it equals out to 20 months I had to do.

My house got raided. $60k Was seized. Lost my townhouse. They didn't seal my place up properly and it was robbed while I was in jail, lost thousands of $$ in shoes. My shoe collection was gone. All my flat screens got stolen, stereo equipment, yadda yadda. The police cut open all my leather furniture. I had just done hella Fall shopping at Armani and Ralph Lauren....like $4k right there, gone.

That shit was devistating...to top it off, one of my CLOSEST homeys turned states evidence on me. Fucking snitch ass motherfucker. I ended up having to take a plea so as to avoid a lengthy sentence(serve 7-10years) if convicted at trial. Fuck that shit. Anyways....

I'm trying to tell you Gramps, $$ isn't a concern at this moment....it's more so experience. I feel VERY confident that myself and my bro can start with a 6k 99 plant ebb n flow(or maybe ebb n grow). This isn't my first, second, third, yadda yadda....I've just never run hydro, or ebb n flow, etc...I appreciate the concern though.

The Ebb and Grow setup looks like it's a huge producer!!! I'm going to seriously research how to run those buckets. Does anyone know how the flooding and draining aspect of the multi flow buckets actually work? I understand the concept, but don't understand how high it needs to be flooded and where the drain hose is, or if the drain hose is the fill hose just like in E/F

S

ShamelessJames

Holy shit dude, all that shit happened to you and you are still here, taking all the negative comments in stride, probably smiling and ready to grow some more.

I applaud you. You must have a heart made of gold. Good luck with your adventure.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got you. Saying 20 years then 20 months makes a difference without clarification. That sucks they seized all your shit and your boy flipped on you. I tell you what, when the Feds get a friend of yours in a closed room all bets are off. People like to do the crime, but aren't man enough to the time.

I love the idea of rigging up a 6k first. Get that dialed in then you can rig up the other half. That way you only have learn hydro and dial in a 6. Big difference from just jumping into a 12k with no hydro experience. The two you should handle up on that nicely. The E&F buckets are great for growing trees (mom's) IMO, but if you want max production I would recommend 4x8 tables with 2k on each running as little veg as possible. Once you have 12k of that going you have a factory. Money, good equipment, and planning will make up a lot on the experience end in the beginning IMO.:joint:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Tons of good advice from smart growers above, my advice is to take it all to heart.

Check out my sig for an 8k room similar to Dongles (she just pulled over 14# out of 6 lights) but keep in mind she's a former GH and FoxFarms employee and to say she knows her shit is a vast understatement of her abilities. It would ber tricky for most of us to get her yields without her years of experience.

Ebb and Grow is ok, but for the scale you want to do I'd recommend E&F tables too, I used pairs of 4X4's instead of 4X8's because they're so much easier to move, transport, and stack. Plus if you damage a corner or something it's half the cost to replace.

I don't have a veg room either, just buying clones and flowering em. I'm about to either add a third chain of 4 lights (12K total) or move my whole op to a different spot. I want 20# a harvest, even if it's only 4 harvests a year.

My coco pots currently flood 3X a week, flood height about 3 inches, for ten minutes or so. Works great and they are very happy. I'd take coco over hydroton because you don't have to clean it, amend it with anything, and I can dump it in my front yard since it just looks like dirt when done.

Mist

The Ebb&Gro/Multi-Flow systems work by using a controller bucket that takes care of all the flooding and draining of the system. There is a pump in the 55gal resovior for filling the system and another in the controller bucket for draining back to the resovior. The flood heigth is controlled by electronic float switches in the controller and the flood times and duration is controlled by an integrated timer. The system itself is pretty much autopilot once it is up and dialed in with the nutes.
A 1k light can cover 12 plants in this system if they are places fairly close. It would be more like 6 plants if you planned on doing anything over 3ft tall finishing.

Oh yea, with a 99 plant Ebb&Gro setup you would be dealing with tons (almost literally) of hydroton. That in itself can be a pain with either disposal or cleaning and reusing.

Any other questions, just ask.

I do still agree with most of the people above on the ease of ebb and flow tables with this size setup.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tons of good advice from smart growers above, my advice is to take it all to heart.

Check out my sig for an 8k room similar to Dongles (she just pulled over 14# out of 6 lights) but keep in mind she's a former GH and FoxFarms employee and to say she knows her shit is a vast understatement of her abilities. It would ber tricky for most of us to get her yields without her years of experience.

Ebb and Grow is ok, but for the scale you want to do I'd recommend E&F tables too, I used pairs of 4X4's instead of 4X8's because they're so much easier to move, transport, and stack. Plus if you damage a corner or something it's half the cost to replace.

I don't have a veg room either, just buying clones and flowering em. I'm about to either add a third chain of 4 lights (12K total) or move my whole op to a different spot. I want 20# a harvest, even if it's only 4 harvests a year.

My coco pots currently flood 3X a week, flood height about 3 inches, for ten minutes or so. Works great and they are very happy. I'd take coco over hydroton because you don't have to clean it, amend it with anything, and I can dump it in my front yard since it just looks like dirt when done.

:yeahthats Wow. I didn't know dongle was rolling with those credentials. That's priceless knowledge.

Z

zooty

Why in the US do all growers use 1kw lamps. I understand that you guys have much higher ceilings than us but 600w's are much much more effecient.

The light spread of 2 600w's shits all over what 1kw can hit

flyer81

Why in the US do all growers use 1kw lamps. I understand that you guys have much higher ceilings than us but 600w's are much much more effecient.

I didnt get super dense buds until I switched up from 600 to 1kw. That being said I had other things going on in my system so the light could have been a very small aspect of what I was doing wrong. I just found out this past week that by shutting off the aircooling on my lights and removing the glass the temperature has gone up only 4 degrees in my room but my humidity has dropped significantly. Maybe its time to revisit the 600 as I still have a 600 bulb and ballast.

JointOperation

just be smart.. u dont wana flop.. i just bought 4000$ worth of equipment for a QP ... and ya.. light spread might be better...with 600s.. but penetration is what BIG GROWERS ARE Lookin for.. u want nice hard buds all the way to the bottom branches.... u get alot less larf with 1000s.. atleast i DO.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I use 2x -600w HPS lamps in my flower room. I get very dense buds. Strain dependant of course. I also have an EZ-CLONE 120. Ive done 120 plants in 2gln pots under these lamps on a lightmover and it came out with the same yield as 24 plants and the same yield as 18 plants. Its all about light intensity and veg time.
120 plants was alot more work than need be. I say use less plants with longer veg times.
12 per 1000w lamp.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran

My lights have 1kw bulbs but I run at 600.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
its all about grams per square foot. most people doing this for yeild are more limited by square footage than any other factor that affects weight. efficiency wise ive run both 600 and 1000 in my space i ran 600s on a 3x3 footprint each. i bumped up to 1000 to see what would happen. my yeild per square foot went way up. i got deeper penetration and then i added ac got rid of the glass and air coole feature . my yeilds went up again. my highest yeild i ever pulled in my 600 grows were 1.5 per light and that was rare. my highest yeild per light in the same canopy size with 100s was 2.1. this was in soil with botanicare nutes. 1000 will pull more weight per square foot than 600s in my experience. ill never go back to 600s and ill never go back to not using co2 and ac. if youre going to jump in size make the jump with 1000s and ac plus co2. dial your humidty to 60% and temps at ambient room temp from high 70s to 80 degrees and your canopy will be in the low to mid eighties. youll see yeilds increase dramatically. invest in a hand held infrared heat sensor and check your caonopy temps dial your ambient to lower than you want your leaf temps by about 6-10 degrees. i recomend running 1000s on a 4-5 foot square not a three. when ive done grows with that size canopy my yeilds were on average better. ive never gotten over 2.1 in either set up though.

Burnside GC

by my math you would need 1800 clones a year to be able to bin the runts

that's a lot of clones to take for a small op, but I bet practice makes near perfect