What's new

91'chemdog

Crazy Chester

Hoping some of y'all who hold her can help me figure if this young lady is legit once she's near finishing..

I'm one of 3 that I know of who recently purchased a cut. Did some homework and seller seems trustworthy..

I believe SkunkVA mentioned 12 days to throw roots these days?

Chem 91 skva

View attachment 18802978

That pic and the previous pic of the smaller clone in coco/perlite looks like Chem '91 to me.

Gone Camping

That pic and the previous pic of the smaller clone in coco/perlite looks like Chem '91 to me.

I would be appreciative if you could share the clues that make you think so.. I'm eager to learn.

I believe I know this.. dark glossy leaves and the zig zag pattern on stem between nodes. Although the later not being exclusive to Chem91. I understand there's a hint within the purplish stem as well?

I went into this purchase knowing I may end up with a nice plant, it may not be her. I know there's lots of fake cuts out there, and even faker people. But I took a shot..

Crazy Chester

I would be appreciative if you could share the clues that make you think so.. I'm eager to learn.

I believe I know this.. dark glossy leaves and the zig zag pattern on stem between nodes. Although the later not being exclusive to Chem91. I understand there's a hint within the purplish stem as well?

I went into this purchase knowing I may end up with a nice plant, it may not be her. I know there's lots of fake cuts out there, and even faker people. But I took a shot..
It's what you said - also the shape of the leaf looks right. After a lot of fakes and many years, the real one is starting to show up more. You have good timing, I think!

Jay-Jay Genetics

Hi
here my own cross ChemD i95 x ChemD i91

20230119_133226.jpg

Cheers jj

Gone Camping

I skimmed the thread again looking for tips on how to feed her, came up empty. Anyone have input?

I'll be running her in autopots, with growpito medium and megacrop nutes. Generally i feed at about 500- 600ppm.

Nannymouse

Does anyone know if the Insane Seed Posse ran a chem?

Besides OhSoGreen, i don't remember who all was in that group. Or if the band broke up, ha.

Anyway, i did get some beans (way back when) from OSG that were labelled blueberry x OG, and someone contacted me saying that it probably wasn't OG in the cross, but something else, and i think that i recall that it was maybe a chemdawg or something?

edit, just found their old listings on SF, and yes they did have some chems. So, does anyone have experience with the blueberry x?

Gone Camping

Any tips on cloning this old gal? I'm averaging 12-14 if they root at all.. and as you can imagine they look rough.

The mom is having issue in FFOF which I use for the wife's outdoor flowers.. so I'm not familiar with working in it. The mom seemed to stress at first clone cutting, about 6 clones. Threw some 3 finger fans for just a bit and the stems started getting woody. I'm finding this plant finicky.. at my skill level.

I'm using an aerocloner, heavy cleaning between uses. 6 days and change res. 5.8ph and some clonex dropped in. And very low nutes dosage.

I also broke out the humidity dome and ordered up riot cubes. Tonight I cut 6 and gonna try the old school way. My room does suffer from lower humidity this time of year.

Any suggestions? Hate to lose her..

Crazy Chester

Any tips on cloning this old gal? I'm averaging 12-14 if they root at all.. and as you can imagine they look rough.

The mom is having issue in FFOF which I use for the wife's outdoor flowers.. so I'm not familiar with working in it. The mom seemed to stress at first clone cutting, about 6 clones. Threw some 3 finger fans for just a bit and the stems started getting woody. I'm finding this plant finicky.. at my skill level.

I'm using an aerocloner, heavy cleaning between uses. 6 days and change res. 5.8ph and some clonex dropped in. And very low nutes dosage.

I also broke out the humidity dome and ordered up riot cubes. Tonight I cut 6 and gonna try the old school way. My room does suffer from lower humidity this time of year.

Any suggestions? Hate to lose her..

If you're in the frozen zone this winter you need to find a way to bring up your humidity. Growth will slow to a halt if you're in 30% or less humidity range - which it probably is if the ground around you has been frozen for a sustained period. If humidity is that low, she won't be able to up-take nutrients, which may also negatively effect your PH. If the mom is stressed, her cuttings will have a low rooting rate. If she's healthy - she's fairly easy to root, despite her age. If you can dome your aerocloner - that should help too - maybe a clear tote bin will fit over it. But, you may have to get a humidifier to get the mom growing happy again. That's the main thing. I've found she roots well - and at a high percentage of success - but only when the mom I took the cuttings from was growing well. If she's stressed - maybe I get one or two out of a dozen to root.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Does anyone know if the Insane Seed Posse ran a chem?

Besides OhSoGreen, i don't remember who all was in that group. Or if the band broke up, ha.

Anyway, i did get some beans (way back when) from OSG that were labelled blueberry x OG, and someone contacted me saying that it probably wasn't OG in the cross, but something else, and i think that i recall that it was maybe a chemdawg or something?

edit, just found their old listings on SF, and yes they did have some chems. So, does anyone have experience with the blueberry x?
They had legit 91 and D.
Their work used to be the best seed source for those cuts.
I bred with the '78 Skunk a few years and it was epic.

mexweed

Veteran
interesting the 91 is hard to clone, the sis pheno of the sisXsour I have...well let's just say it's a miracle the cut I took is still kicking, it rooted enough to grip the plug but no visible roots were showing outside the plug, I thought it was a goner when I transplanted it to a solo cup but it made it, then due to not wanting to overwater it which I have read to be careful of when rooting chems it got really badly underwatered due to not having roots outside of the plug yet, but it still pulled through...it will survive

the sour pheno though is a beast, which from seed it was the other way around, I think it's just the genetics you gotta just roll with it who cares about the looks

Gone Camping

If you're in the frozen zone this winter you need to find a way to bring up your humidity. Growth will slow to a halt if you're in 30% or less humidity range - which it probably is if the ground around you has been frozen for a sustained period. If humidity is that low, she won't be able to up-take nutrients, which may also negatively effect your PH. If the mom is stressed, her cuttings will have a low rooting rate. If she's healthy - she's fairly easy to root, despite her age. If you can dome your aerocloner - that should help too - maybe a clear tote bin will fit over it. But, you may have to get a humidifier to get the mom growing happy again. That's the main thing. I've found she roots well - and at a high percentage of success - but only when the mom I took the cuttings from was growing well. If she's stressed - maybe I get one or two out of a dozen to root.

Humidity here in far eastern PA has been higher this year but still low. I just filled the humidifier up..

I'll look into a dome, I did see an identical looking cloner with a dome but it wasn't offered under my brand. I'll look into picking one up.

I ran SkunkVA Guerilla Fume' for better than a year and never had issues with her.. I gotta get a good mom into my new growing medium and out of the FFOF..

Thanks again..

madalasatori

Veteran
Where in Amsterdam sells chem flowers? I’ve never seen it on any menus before but then I’ve not been for a few years