What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k coco grow show

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Hortilux Super HPS 1000w Spectrum:

hortilux_super_hps_spectrum_more_blue_1.jpg

Double Ended HPS Spectrum Comparison

VIDEO_GH_TITLE_DE1000_COMPARISON_spectrumV2-1024x576.jpg

3100k Ceramic Metal Halide Spectrum Comparison:

cmh-spectral-reading-3100k.jpg

Samsung 3000k led Spectrum:

picture.php

Samsung 2700k led Spectrum:

picture.php

Last edited:

HOVAH2.0

Over the years Ive seen and heard a many Capitalist pushing various technologies to the grow community offering faster grow times and better quality. We grow folks are the first to get had because most of us are operating in the gray areas of the law, we cant go to the police if we get robbed. But growing DOES involve skill and Ive also learned that some people have skill and most people dont. Unfortunately this fact has been the hardest thing for me to accept. Learning to grow for me wasn't easy or fast but Ive never thought of it as work. Even on the hardest Guerrilla grow, growing has always been fun and rewarding regardless of the money.
For instance, Ive learned not to invest in any clone Ive never flowered or seen its bud production regardless of the dispensary. So when a friend offer some free clones that he was planning the trash, i said sure and put 4 in my back yard for the summer. This guy has every piece of equipment under the sun, any time i want to see the new trend I pay him a visit. The only thing I feed his clones was Miracle grow from lowes and leftover indoor flower nukes. A month before harvest the same friend couldnt believe how vigorous and healthy his plants looked. He went on and on how bad the clones were and how lousy the genetics were. And on and on and on..... And yet they grew nice buds.
LED is nice but the buds don't look as full and weighty, HPS are like clean outdoor Budz
LED Buds look weak

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Were your 630`s using "Phillips Bulbs" ?......The only reason I ask is because I belong to many small old head invite only sites and the consensus from those that do this for a living and not a hobby is that the 630`s with Philips Bulbs produce as well as the DE 1K`s if not better as Issack has encountered.....now.....

Even though there was ! K`s on 1 side and the 630`s on the other , there was overlap lighting as far as spectrum is concerned , but how much or to what effect it actually had on the room as a whole is speculative at best , so basically only time will tell from consecutive runs done with dialed conditions right ?.....regardless.....

My 2 cents from all those yrs , and...…just tryin ta help.....so.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:

I don’t think Philips makes a double ended 630. Philips is what I use for everything else. In my place vertically mounted Philips 315 cmhs have proven to be the best of the cmh but it would take 4 to cover a 5x5 like the de 1k covers.

I just looked back at this thread and it looks like he is using some nanolux reflector with 2 Philips 315 bulbs maybe that is the key. I will try it and see.

In the study above it’s a little funny that they measured everything at 24” from the canopy. You could never have them that close to a de 1k, they need 36” or so or they are toast.

I am over the air cooled hoods as well.

Last edited:

thelionstash

Man I have had my fair share of grows from indoor to outside dep houses out here in cali and I will honestly say im pretty impressed with what you have accomplished bra, respect and mahalo for sharing your journey. I am now finished reading this whole thread from post #1 (took a good hour or two lol) and couldn't help myself but create an account to chime in. I am now convinced 100% in giving coco and cmh a shot! Hope everyone sets big goals this new year and crushes them! Aloha.

AloeVeraFarm2

great report, very interesting 70 pages <3

last time i tested cmh´s i had the same g/w ratio compared with my 400V DE 1000w NDL´s.

only with Led´s (Cree CXB3070 & CMA2550) i receive much better results :/

how much g/w do you received with your new cmh´s comprades to your NDL side?

sorry for my bad englisch ^^

Dandelo

as said before this thread is amazing and inspirational, thanks for sharing the journey and struggles.

What happened to this last dosido harvest? are you still loving the cmh?

I am about to build out two rooms and debating on what lights to use, you have me 99% convinced to use 630w CMH :)

issack

Veteran
as said before this thread is amazing and inspirational, thanks for sharing the journey and struggles.

What happened to this last dosido harvest? are you still loving the cmh?

I am about to build out two rooms and debating on what lights to use, you have me 99% convinced to use 630w CMH :)

Glad you enjoyed man.. im back online and ill start posting some grows again. Wedding cake is my new favorite and will be the next run. Doing a pineapple chunk grow at the moment. Today is day 1 of 12/12

picture.php

issack

Veteran
I haven't skipped a beat guys. This room is constantly running. I have been through some shit though. Got a divorce and it was horrible. Wrecked my hot rod doing a rolling burnout and imploded it in the side of a cliff.. that was fun. In and out of drinking alcohol and completely failing when I do that. But I'm back on a sober path again. I just can't fucking drink at all. It ruins me every time.

I'll be back on here for a while. Good to see everyone enjoying this thread.

I have a few issues with only 6 plant this run. Im stumped and can't figure it. Doing the same thing I always do that gives me great results. Idk. But all the rest are doing fine 52 plants in this run.
I'm building another room in my house at the end of this month. I'll post progress on that

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’ve been good. Sucks about your divorce. I know when I had mine I went straight to drinking and snorting blow. It took me years to kick the habit.

issack

Veteran
I’ve been good. Sucks about your divorce. I know when I had mine I went straight to drinking and snorting blow. It took me years to kick the habit.

Yep. Blow i really never had that bad a problem with. Definitely did too much after the divorce though. Kept drinking and sinking in a hole. Im good now. Back on track. Now we have this covid-19 shit and the world is loosing it. I hide.. I hide from everyone. Lol gym grocery store and home is my life. Hate the mask life world right now for a virus with a 99.9 survival rate.

issack

Veteran
The thread that made me change to cmh! Welcome back! I see you haven’t fully switch over to cmh?

No I have not yet. It's been financially hard since my divorce. And I made some business investments as well. Still doing well with grows though. I am building another room with 5 630s so after that I will fork over and get the remaining 4 cmh. Trying to sell my old hps as well. No one wants to buy that old shit. Lol also I've taken a pay cut now that I get rid of all my crop at once. Got tired of how the market Fluctuates and people coming and going. Eventually I'll get it done.

Latest posts

Latest posts