What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k coco grow show

issack

Veteran
picture.php

Miraculous Meds

It takes 13 days to get Roots like that in my cloner. I take branches man. I take big cuts leave about 2 or 3 nodes and it works the best for me..the bigger the branch the bigger the roots. My moms are outside. All the cuts I take whenever I plant this room are from plants outside. And right now my outside plants look like shit because it rains here every single day where I live. so basically I just grow plants get them about 2 ft tall before they start getting blight and mold and take Cuts real quick and go into the room and then I throw the plant away because I can't pull off outdoor grows here anymore in my elevation.. I live in a rainforest man, it rains here every single day no matter what.. 90% humidity. I got blight and certain problems on my plants when I try to flower them outside that you have never seen in your life and not any other grower in the world has problems with because it's that bad here LOL.. outdoors for me is done..

Keep on rocking, thanks for sharing bud, I thought that Hawaii was a sweet spot for outdoor grows? Is it just the micro climate your in, that's too rough on them? It would be cool if you could plant some different seeds until you found some that could handle the high humidity. Might help create a very resistant strain to pm and such.

Also I wanted to ask about the sm90 and your res water. I was dealing with the same problems as you about the same time. Some high temp issues bloomed the dreaded algae that slimes crap up and grows the brown crap on your roots that suffocates them and lets things like pythium and fusarium take over.

I changed out all my feed lines, and cleaned everything real good, replaced all my filters, and installed a uv light before ro filter. got the water temps steady around 64f. So im dialed in pretty good, and thought I noticed a foul smell in one of the res's. The only thing I noticed that had anything on it was the ph probe tips. they had the white cotton slimy starting growth on the wicks. I noticed the black mold type material sticking to the silica barrier for the ph probe wont come clean. I feel that's the last growth problem ive had to replace. So I wanted to ask how you were liking the sm90? Ive used it in the past and thought that it left an oily residue on everything that I wasn't fond of? Is that your experience? I know you mentioned you clean your res every 5 days. Are you still doing that? And is the sm90 a mess to clean up when you do the res clean? I have been using bleach to keep the res sterile, but im not real fond of that option either since it is basic, and raises ph. Plus the biggest problem with chlorine is it dissipates so fast. At least with the sm90 route, its effectiveness should last the duration of the nutrient solution. Honestly id just like to go clean, and wipe down my res's once a weak. that's what im starting with after I clean and change my probes today. Just wanted to pick your brain a little on the sm90 usage.
thanks

issack

Veteran
Keep on rocking, thanks for sharing bud, I thought that Hawaii was a sweet spot for outdoor grows? Is it just the micro climate your in, that's too rough on them? It would be cool if you could plant some different seeds until you found some that could handle the high humidity. Might help create a very resistant strain to pm and such.

Also I wanted to ask about the sm90 and your res water. I was dealing with the same problems as you about the same time. Some high temp issues bloomed the dreaded algae that slimes crap up and grows the brown crap on your roots that suffocates them and lets things like pythium and fusarium take over.

I changed out all my feed lines, and cleaned everything real good, replaced all my filters, and installed a uv light before ro filter. got the water temps steady around 64f. So im dialed in pretty good, and thought I noticed a foul smell in one of the res's. The only thing I noticed that had anything on it was the ph probe tips. they had the white cotton slimy starting growth on the wicks. I noticed the black mold type material sticking to the silica barrier for the ph probe wont come clean. I feel that's the last growth problem ive had to replace. So I wanted to ask how you were liking the sm90? Ive used it in the past and thought that it left an oily residue on everything that I wasn't fond of? Is that your experience? I know you mentioned you clean your res every 5 days. Are you still doing that? And is the sm90 a mess to clean up when you do the res clean? I have been using bleach to keep the res sterile, but im not real fond of that option either since it is basic, and raises ph. Plus the biggest problem with chlorine is it dissipates so fast. At least with the sm90 route, its effectiveness should last the duration of the nutrient solution. Honestly id just like to go clean, and wipe down my res's once a weak. that's what im starting with after I clean and change my probes today. Just wanted to pick your brain a little on the sm90 usage.
thanks

Yes I live in a rain belt. The weather here is so weird. 10 miles down the road it hardly ever rains. I live up the mountain and it's a rain forest. Especially now. Our weather patterns have changed here big time. All my grower friends are experiencing the same things here. Only a few that live in certain areas are still doing well with outdoor. Even my tried-and-true strains that I've been growing for 7 8 years here have problems. I can get my plants up to about two or three feet during veg and have no symptoms of blight or anything and that's with spraying and paying very close attention, but once they go out to flower there's no stopping the blight and this purple stuff that comes on the new growth soptoria. So I have discontinued my outdoor grow I got another CMH lamp and I'm firing up the closet in this girl room and that's going to be my Greenhouse LOL. I wasn't getting much yield out of 30 gallon pots. There's just no sun anymore. It rains every single day and pretty much all throughout the night. Not many strains can grow in a hundred percent humidity in hardly any sunlight.

I totally get what you mean about the brown slime. When your res get stinky grimy it's kind of a factor of what kind of nutrients you're putting in. I noticed when I was using floranova the floralicious plus would make my res stink faster than normal.. then I started sm90 and that went away.

I have never noticed any kind of slime or residue left over from sm 90. I use 5 mill a gallon in every rez change. If I don't my rez gets funky faster. Even at 64 degrees. So I'm betting if you ditch the beach and start on the 5 mill a gallon you will be pleased.

Yes I clean my res every 5 days but everyday I top off. I only have a 50 Rez out outside so whatever the plants drink that night I look at the marks on the side of the rez and fill it back up with RO water and then just add whatever nutrients per gallon that I added back in...

Basically I love my res now that I use sm-90.. it's just a dream to clean and it stays nice and fresh, it's really night and day bro. I will never not use as a 90 ever.

If your temps are at 64 and you're still getting some stink you're probably adding some organic contents something really dense that likes to breed and live.? Sm-90 at 5 Mills of gallon will make your rez nice and happy.. give it a shot.

issack

Veteran
Nice roots! What do you put in your cloner rez?

Thanks man. I use

KLN root hormone
Rapid start
And 2 mill per gallon of sm90
Ph to 5.5 I also set my pump on a timer to run 15 on and 45 minutes off. This helps keep the water cool. cooler the water the way faster and better your roots are. I also clone in a AC room set at 75. These kind of cloners don't like really hot rooms your roots get slimy and dark.

issack

Veteran
Oh almost forgot. Ebay for sm90. Its about 20 bucks cheaper on there than the hydro store. I actually do a lot of nutrients shopping on eBay..

Again I cant stress how much I love sm90. It is one of the single-handed best products I've ever added to my garden actually.. you will love your rez after 5 mill a gallon of sm

issack

Veteran
And when I clean my rez every 5 days I use heavy bleach to clean everything. I use to use 35% peroxide to clean when I did Flood and drain years ago and I would lose crops. The brown slime would never leave. But I also didn't have a chiller back then. But bleach for cleaning is the win.

Also. Sm90 mixed with axamax is a amazing spider mite killing cocktail.

Americangrower

Veteran
I guess I'm a lil slow finding your grow thread Issack. I don't do coco so I never go in coco forum. I can't wait to see what you do with Dosi, this is going to be good.

Miraculous Meds

And when I clean my rez every 5 days I use heavy bleach to clean everything. I use to use 35% peroxide to clean when I did Flood and drain years ago and I would lose crops. The brown slime would never leave. But I also didn't have a chiller back then. But bleach for cleaning is the win.

Also. Sm90 mixed with axamax is a amazing spider mite killing cocktail.

thanks for all the info. I know DHF talked about using it in his regimen, but when I gave it a shot I had root problems already and thought it didn't work out. It''s certainly not a cure, but obviously a decent preventative. I think I may give it a shot. Your system obviously stayed clean and did very well.

issack

Veteran
thanks for all the info. I know DHF talked about using it in his regimen, but when I gave it a shot I had root problems already and thought it didn't work out. It''s certainly not a cure, but obviously a decent preventative. I think I may give it a shot. Your system obviously stayed clean and did very well.

Yes I was using 3 mills a gallon and then DHF chimed in about using 5 mills. So I started that regimen and haven't look back since. It's a amazing preventative. You will be happy.

Chime back in here and let me know how it goes for you when you start using it.. you will love the way you rez looks after sm90.

Dabtime

Currently I have a 630 cmh in my 4' 8" x 4' 8" tent that I absolutely love, I've done runs filled from side to side with 4 coco trees, another with a two plant scrog, and others topped and tomato caged. I admire your setup so much that you have inspired me to move beyond a tent and work on getting in to a room. I have access to a 13' x 8' room with a 10' ceiling that I plan to mimic as closely to the cmh side of your room as I can. My pondering question is, what size is your canopy for all 4 630w lights, how far apart are you spacing them? Do you have someplace that you have listed full dimensions and specs of your set up? I'm drooling over here.

Miraculous Meds

Yes I was using 3 mills a gallon and then DHF chimed in about using 5 mills. So I started that regimen and haven't look back since. It's a amazing preventative. You will be happy.

Chime back in here and let me know how it goes for you when you start using it.. you will love the way you rez looks after sm90.

It looks like some cloudy looking mr clean. Smells of a natural sanitizer. Ph did spike up a whole point, but that was corrected with .7 ml ph down per gallon. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks.

issack

Veteran
Currently I have a 630 cmh in my 4' 8" x 4' 8" tent that I absolutely love, I've done runs filled from side to side with 4 coco trees, another with a two plant scrog, and others topped and tomato caged. I admire your setup so much that you have inspired me to move beyond a tent and work on getting in to a room. I have access to a 13' x 8' room with a 10' ceiling that I plan to mimic as closely to the cmh side of your room as I can. My pondering question is, what size is your canopy for all 4 630w lights, how far apart are you spacing them? Do you have someplace that you have listed full dimensions and specs of your set up? I'm drooling over here.

My tables are 4x16 with 4 lights over each. My room is 11x19 with 7 1/2 ceilings. I'm adding another cmh to the closet space in this room as well for the next grow. I'll post pics of that next week before I fire the room up.

issack

Veteran
It looks like some cloudy looking mr clean. Smells of a natural sanitizer. Ph did spike up a whole point, but that was corrected with .7 ml ph down per gallon. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks.

Okay it's not just my bottle then.. I just got a gallon a couple weeks ago and opened it and it's all cloudy..so they must have changed something because it used to be not foggy. It still smells the same though.. it does make you have to use more ph down or up to get to your target ph yes.. cool man keep me posted. Glad you're trying it out

issack

Veteran
so the cmh beat the hps in weight? damn thats awesome, cant wait to convert to either those and/or the ickybud leds, be nice to have a new color in the room other than orange lol

so Im going back to a drip system for the first time in almost 2 years, need to design it this week and have it built out in 2. my question for you guys is what do you not want to mix with sm90. ive heard different things and have seen different reactions with enzymes, bloom boosters etc.

my plan was to use tap water with jacks/calnit, hydroguard(2ml) on regular and then fulpower(10ml), enzymes komplete(3ml), rhizoblast(2ml),sm90(5ml) when the tank is getting low around 30-40gl

I feel like its too much crap in one bucket lol

Yeah bro.. cmh smokes 1000s out the water for sure. I'm done with my last 4 hps after this next dosido grow coming. I'm amazed and completely sold on them

Sm90 will have no affect on your nutes at all. It's not a plant food so it doesn't have any nutrient uptake that the plant receives.. it will work with anything it. even works with beneficials microbes..

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Probably gonna grab me a bottle of sm90 next trip to the hydro store. :yes: Sounds like it couldn’t hurt. You said you use it at 5ml/gal?

issack

Veteran
Probably gonna grab me a bottle of sm90 next trip to the hydro store. :yes: Sounds like it couldn’t hurt. You said you use it at 5ml/gal?

Yes.. been using it at 5 mil a gallon for the last 2 grows. Loving it. Love my rez with sm90. It's so clean.!!

robotwithdreams

Veteran
What a cool thread!!!

Folks using sm90... do you also inoculate with beneficial stuff, bacteria n fungal?
Im reading the sm90 does not interfere with beneficials. Are you guys finding this to be the case?

Many thanks.