What's new

8k coco grow show

p0opstlnksal0t

I'm using .2ml on the regular and .4ml for a week or so if there is an active infection.

I do believe it will knock the aphids back not sure if it'll eliminate them, gnats will go away slowly but surely.

Some people run h202 for similar results but it's more expensive, you gotta use more per gl, and dissapates quickly in the water.

Damn that is shitty for those people, I hope they find a safe haven soon. Hopefully the community can reach out and help them out in some way. Never easy to restart but sometimes it's for a reason. I'll do a prayer for them soon, and yeah if they had kids it'd be double trouble.

On a brighter note, that's some gorgeous landscape man, aside from the smoke of course. Is it possible to use some of the volcanic ash after it's cool to grow with?

I think im going to steal the bleach idea in the res for my next run. run it at 1ml per 10 gallons or so on nute refills. I use well water so it wouldnt hurt

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Damn that sux big time. Hope everything works out for anyone effected in the end.

I use Z7 in my rez. I thought about trying bleach instead, but am a little skeptical since I’m running PBP Soil in there. :dunno: I’ve never had any kinda pathogen or problem. Guess if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Lol. Might try it in my aerocloner though... :chin:

issack

Veteran
Well it's been quite the long haul on this one. STILL NO AC.! I'm astounded. Ordered this bitch 8 weeks ago, the grow shop doesn't even have a fucking tracking number.! So I don't know what the hell. Never delt with such a shit show in my life. The good news is they are comping me half for the ac. I will only pay 1600 bucks for the 36k. Well, whenever it gets here anyway.. fml. I already gave them the money 2 months ago. So I'm square with them.
My ac dude flaked on me hard. I'll never use him again let alone talk to him. I dont deal with lazy incompetent people. So I got a new ac dude. Friend of a friend, and this guy hooked me up proper. New freon in both units, cleaned them up nice. So now guys I have 4 tons of cooling in this room. A 30k and a 18k. I'm golden. Not one worry about anything now. I'm very happy. This has been a stressful wait. Waiting way too long.! My pore plants stayed in those little cup containers for 3 WEEKS.! They were beyond root bound. I just had such a hard time with scheduling for the ac install cause my thought to be homie blew me off. Then I had to find this other guy. But thankfully it had worked out. I planted the room today. All pineapple chunk.! I'll take some shots when lights kick on in a bit.

Here you can see my root bound girls. And the other 18k ac in. And those plants in the back are my zookies, wedding cake, and purple punch. New stuff to play with in the future grows.! So yeah. Back in business. Volcano is still spitting lava. And we still have no sun. We haven't had a day of sun in the last 6 months. I bet maybe for a couple hours and then soon as noon time rolls around it's dark and wet. My outdoor grows are completely garbage. My last harvest 3 weeks ago was not sellable. I am blasting all of it for dabs. So yeah times are changing here on the island. What used to be amazing sunny Hawaii weather is now complete dark and dismal gloom. This has been going on for months on end. It's a drag..

picture.php

issack

Veteran
Let the side by side begin. 630cmh vrs 1000hps. All pineapple chunk. Giant yielding plant.

picture.php

issack

Veteran
I know there is a lot of people that are interested in seeing this side by side grow. Should I post a thread in a different section.? This grow is embedded deep in this thread. Alot of people won't see it.

N

noyd666

good news about the ac mate, two in the one room should be enough for artic winter. been watching the volcano action, she looks fierce.

issack

Veteran
good news about the ac mate, two in the one room should be enough for artic winter. been watching the volcano action, she looks fierce.

Yeah man. She is spitting fire.. had some mean quakes on the other side today I guess. I am not affected by any of this thank God. Was a massive explosion yesterday that was heard from miles and miles. Gas from the crater exploding. Crazy times.!
Yes the dual.ac action is very comforting for me .

issack

Veteran
Both would be nice if you can :)
Side by side rocks!!!!!!!:woohoo:

What section do you recommend will have the most exposure.? I know there is a ton of people wanting the results.. I'm excited to see as well. Maybe growrooms design and equipment. Seems to be where everyone asked about different lighting.

Miraculous Meds

What section do you recommend will have the most exposure.? I know there is a ton of people wanting the results.. I'm excited to see as well. Maybe growrooms design and equipment. Seems to be where everyone asked about different lighting.

theres a side by side section somewhere. Make sure you leave a link in this thread or your signature so all of us following now can find it easy.

How are the bleach res treatments going? Ive been researching and experimenting with them lately, holler if you want to share info or experiences with it.

issack

Veteran
theres a side by side section somewhere. Make sure you leave a link in this thread or your signature so all of us following now can find it easy.

How are the bleach res treatments going? Ive been researching and experimenting with them lately, holler if you want to share info or experiences with it.

I have not started the bleach yet. I'm hesitant because I do put OG biowar in my Coco when I transplant into this room. That inoculates my roots and also will completely control RAs. If they try and lay eggs then the microbes suffocate them and take over and they can't live in the medium. I've been doing this the last three grows, and have had not one single issue. I'm afraid if I start using Bleach then my beneficial microbes will be killed in my Coco and I might have a RA issue. Because I did have outbreaks before I started using this method. Now I don't see anything at all ever. I use 5 mil of sm90 per gallon in my rez. It really does keep things super clean in there. I stopped adding the biowar teas to my rez. Was way too messy and it clogged my drippers over time. I have found if I treat my coco, I don't have to use teas in the feed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTJG19K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This contains Steinernema feltiae Nematodes their

Target pests include:
Fungus Gnat, Mushroom Flies, Root Aphids, Fruit Flies, Flea Beetles, Saw Flies, Tachina Flies, Crane Flies, Shore Flies and fruit flies and more. it's like over 200 things they will devour.

I ordered and used this exact brand. I didn't know for sure if I had RA's but I had signs and overall poor health. one treatment of this and everything took off and it killed off 90% of my gnats. One teaspoon made a gal of spray I just took my pressurized sprayer and set it to a stream in an attempt to push the microbes below the surface as I sprayed the top of all 24 plants in 3 gal pots. one teaspoon seemed to be enough for all those plants in those size pots. I'm going to do a second treatment this week just for preventative maintenance and because I have more left then I can use otherwise before they die. they are good 2-3 months in a fridge. it's enough in this package to make probably 5+ gal.

issack

Veteran
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTJG19K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This contains Steinernema feltiae Nematodes their

Target pests include:
Fungus Gnat, Mushroom Flies, Root Aphids, Fruit Flies, Flea Beetles, Saw Flies, Tachina Flies, Crane Flies, Shore Flies and fruit flies and more. it's like over 200 things they will devour.

I ordered and used this exact brand. I didn't know for sure if I had RA's but I had signs and overall poor health. one treatment of this and everything took off and it killed off 90% of my gnats. One teaspoon made a gal of spray I just took my pressurized sprayer and set it to a stream in an attempt to push the microbes below the surface as I sprayed the top of all 24 plants in 3 gal pots. one teaspoon seemed to be enough for all those plants in those size pots. I'm going to do a second treatment this week just for preventative maintenance and because I have more left then I can use otherwise before they die. they are good 2-3 months in a fridge. it's enough in this package to make probably 5+ gal.

Thanks for the info man. I appreciate it. Looks like a solid product. ! I'm looking into it now.

I've treated my coco with biowar. And also I layer in diatomaceous earth throughout my Coco as well, and I sprinkle mosquito bites right below the surface. I haven't had a issue in 9 months. Also having cool temps keeps those gnats not liking it. They love heat. Also using smart pots helps cause they don't have much success laying eggs on the top of coco. When you have pots they love to get up in the drain holes. So cool temps. Smart pots, diatomaceous earth and mosquito bites. And inoculating my coco with microbes from the OG biowar, and creating living coco suffocates anything that tries to lay eggs in there. If anyone hasn't seen the way microbes kill root aphids before believe me it's pretty awesome to watch. When I first did this I had outbreaks when I had pots with holes in it, and high heat Temps. I would do 2 full strength drenches in 2 days at lights out in the Coco. And within about 5 days you could run your finger under the Coco a little bit and see all these dead RA's with white spun webs over them . Actually it's a living mold. Wiped them all out.

issack

Veteran
I haven't started another thread yet. I couldn't find a side-by-side section either.

Okay so 7 days veg. Everything is going very well this run.. actually perfect.. didn't lose any plants. They are taking root fast. Starting to pop out of the smart pots. I'm very surprised and impressed on how thick the stems are coming off the 630cmh side. Their stance and girth and stem size is equal to the HPS. I was expecting the 630 side to start stretching more. But they are beefing up like the hps.. this is cool .!!

picture.php

TheBlaze

Always bet on HPS. I've used LED, MH, Plasma and of course HPS.

HPS...every time. Gavita DE is next level. So happy with them.