What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k coco grow show

DunHav`nFun

Sorry ta hear bout the russets but they got handled and the run looks solid with a 2 week veg and a couple weeks ta root good......

Do you count days flower by when you pull the trigger 12/12 or when you first see budset bro ?.....

Many folks , rather old heads like me count from budset , but many also count from 12/12 so jus wonderin.....Great run again with a lot better looking canopy room wise......awesome job bro.....Thanks for your time and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

issack

Veteran
Sorry ta hear bout the russets but they got handled and the run looks solid with a 2 week veg and a couple weeks ta root good......

Do you count days flower by when you pull the trigger 12/12 or when you first see budset bro ?.....

Many folks , rather old heads like me count from budset , but many also count from 12/12 so jus wonderin.....Great run again with a lot better looking canopy room wise......awesome job bro.....Thanks for your time

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Thanks man. I count from the day I flip.

franklyweed

the room is well furnished with nice grow equipment and tools. i wish I could covet these cute "babies" to be mine. I love them loads..

issack

Veteran
Actually I'm having A/C issues atm. Few days ago I've learned that I have to shut off my ac for an hour at dark hours to thaw out the condenser and the coils. This just started happening. I woke up last night at 3am and seen my room was at 87. So I had to cut off my co2 burner. It's hit or miss right now. My AC guy came and checked everything and said my AC is just working overtime and really hard when lights are on so therefore my Freon is bundling up in a corner and getting iced over to where it can't travel through the coils well, so then in turn I have to turn it off to let it thaw. I just ordered a new ac so it will take 3 weeks to ship here to the island. Now I'm freaking out hoping I can finish this grow without too many complications with a heat issue. I'm actually thinking about trying out CMH lighting those 630w Nanolux ones. Does anybody have any experience with these? I've been scouring the web and researching but I'm still not sold yet if the 630 Watts would have less heat than the air cool high pressure sodium lamp. I might do a side by side with one row with 4 630w and leave the other hps air cooled hoods. This is a drag. This ac was working like a champ this whole last run with no issues at all.. if its not one thing its another.
What's you guys thoughts on Switching lighting? To 630w CMH, and getting rid of these thousand watt high pressure sodiums.?
I'm kinda pissed cause I thought I had ordered a 36k ac from my grow shop here. And they gave me a 30k. I just found this out by gpi ng over the ac when troubleshooting. So the one I ordered today is a 36k but. But still that 30k was working just fine before a few days ago.. so I'm on sleepless nights at the moment. Lol
My room has been on for 3 hours now and the temps are fine at 79 80. But when it decides to change, it just stops working well and my room just heats up all the sudden at any given time. so it's a ticking Time Bomb right now. The grow shop is taking off $1,000 on my order because they screwed up my last order and got the wrong AC. But still a 30k should still be fine. Hell I did 2 grows when I first built this room with only a 18K. Of course it was too hot but still. This 30k should be still doing the job.

TheBlaze

Yeah, I hear you... if it's not one thing it's another. Grower problems. My AC bombed out recently as well. Took me a few days to get a new one, and my temps and humidity were all over the place. Also had to spray for PM yesterday as well. Oh well... if it were too easy, everyone would be cropping out all the time.

Good luck brother man.

issack

Veteran
Right.? Indoor growing isn't for the faint of heart..
I hate having temps and shit all over the place. I'm hoping for the best. Lol. It's working perfect at the moment so fingers crossed.

Green guy

Can't be-leave how much trouble people go to too grow this herb, Mine is just outside with no problem
I even sun dry it for use!
One guy I know had a bad cough so made him tea from it, amazing he is much better now, and I only made a suggestion about it, hope any one try's it can't do any harm!!

DunHav`nFun

Well bro....your ac`s workin too hard and that`s why it`s wearin out faster than normal ....and here`s why.....

First off , the rule of thumb has always been each 1kw hps gives off 3400 btu`s of heatgain and your 30000 btu mini split should be fine right ?....well.....

Truth be known for insurance it`s been found over the yrs with commercial crops and increased wattage grows that right at 5000 btu`s of cooling allows the units not to work as hard to control environment , while covering all extra heat gain in the grow areas from the reflectors CO 2 burners and most of all dehueys that put out heat like a mofo.....anyways....

Air cooled reflectors are supposed to help control temps , but point a digital thermometer at one right before lights out and see how hot the damn things are.....Hopefully the 3 ton unit you`ve got comin will be sufficient , but a 3 1/2 ton/42000 btu unit would be the one for insurance IME bro....now.....

Go look at Rube Goldberg`s thread here in grow diaries to see bout those other lights....He ran a side by side with the new bulbs and fixtures , just don`t think it was the ones you speak of.....He did well and if you could pull numbers like you`re doin now with 630`s , of course it`s worth it to invest and swap out for power savings alone , not to mention less heat to deal with........but....

I`m of the mind that watts are watts and 630`s wont produce what 1kw`s will IMHO but I`ve been wrong before.....just not much.....lol.....aight....

Here`s hopin all goes well till upgrades can be made , and damn glad the ac`s holdin her own for the moment til your new unit arrives....Good luck bro and.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:....

issack

Veteran
Yes I was looking at the 3 1/2 tons. The air handler for those units are massive. They are ceiling mounts and heavy it seems. This room is too little for that.
Put my ac on a different mode yesterday and it ran the room 79 the whole cycle with my co2 going and all. I was using auto mode but now I just use fan speed on cool mode.. Seems to be fine. I'm thinking I'll be able to swing this till new unit comes. Still researching the 630s. I'm not sold yet. They are getting same results as 1000k though. And then some say different. Fucking crap shoot. Lol.

organixx325

if you have to reduce temps in the meantime you can turn down your ballasts a little bit if you have the option. i had the same issue a few times with my AC freezing due to cold outside temps. I have to switch to mini splits ASAP.

DunHav`nFun

Yes I was looking at the 3 1/2 tons. The air handler for those units are massive. They are ceiling mounts and heavy it seems. This room is too little for that.
Put my ac on a different mode yesterday and it ran the room 79 the whole cycle with my co2 going and all. I was using auto mode but now I just use fan speed on cool mode.. Seems to be fine. I'm thinking I'll be able to swing this till new unit comes. Still researching the 630s. I'm not sold yet. They are getting same results as 1000k though. And then some say different. Fucking crap shoot. Lol.
It was brought out in that thread I spoke of earlier that the new DE fixtures aren`t matching up yield wise from hps unless using the Phillips bulbs , but there`s been nothin but good things across the board about the 315 CMH`s.....Are those 630`s 2 of those bulbs in 1 fixture ?.....that `d be awesome.....but again.....watts are watts in my book.....but.....

I do know the side with less wattage pulled more than the side with the larger DE fixtures so go figure.....I`d love ta see less pullin more everywhere.....Hell.....I look to the day where LED`s are cheap enough ta use screw in bulbs to provide optimal watts per sq ft and grow areas deal with less power draw on top of bare minimum AC requirements.....

I see folks screamin LED`s produce what HPS bulbs do yield wise but I`ve yet to witness it first hand and until I do , I`ll grow my shit with HID lighting cuz it`s what I know.....anyways bro....

Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:.....

Miraculous Meds

Only 5 or so pages in but I cant wait to catch up with the rest Read the last page too, to get a feel where your at currently.. I checked this thread out cause I use coir, and am trying out some horizontal scrogs again. I am also trying out cmh in them. Ive got a 6x6 with 6 315 phantom vert hoods n phillips 3100s in them. then I tried out a 8x8 with 630w sun system cmh phillips 3100's. Im really impressed. As Dhf said, rubegoldberg has done well and shared a thread here on it and mixed spectrum. I pulled the trigger on them after I seen my friend pull 2.5 per 630 with them. Mixed spectrum looks very promising as well. I want to do hps n cmh, and a mix of just cmh and the 3100 bulbs with 4200s. I know they all can produce well, just curious for myself if one mixed spectrum stands out compared to the others.

thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading the rest of the thread to help sharpen my scrog game.

some pics of my 8x8 with the 630s. Getting ready to come down soon. Might not break any record, but I think im up over gpw of top quality with them.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

issack

Veteran
if you have to reduce temps in the meantime you can turn down your ballasts a little bit if you have the option. i had the same issue a few times with my AC freezing due to cold outside temps. I have to switch to mini splits ASAP.

That's exactly what I had to do. My ac is now hit or miss again. Woke up last night and my shit was 91. So now for the next 5 days my lights will be dimmed to 600. And no co2 burner. Seems to be fine when I'm doing this. This ac is a mini split. It's a Mirage magnum sheer 18 30k designed for indoor gardens.
When you said you're ac did this too when temps were cold out. Same thing with mine. Right now we have been having for the last 3 weeks 100% humidity, and rain, and clouds and heavy fog.. I'm in the jungle, I live in the rainforest so I'm really thinking the humidity and the 62 to 59 degrees nights are making this happen with condensation for my AC. But whatever, this thing ran perfect last run with no problem. Hope the new 36k will help.

Latest posts

Latest posts