What's new

89' Northern Lights #5 Grow

cpatto666

Few update pics. A very short bushy little girl. Very indica indeed. Will flip her in 2 weeks ?

Attachments

• 20200625_143333.jpg
    20200625_143333.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200620_201640.jpg
    20200620_201640.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 47

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Looking awesome RoyalFlush. Northern Lights is the first strain I ever saw growing (in Maryland area). I’ll never forget the undersides of the finished buds were slightly purpleish but the tops of the leaves were really deep green. There’s another thread with the clear pictures of the northern lights number five clone from Neville seed catalog. I’m still trying to connect with the people that had the northern lights that saw in 1991. I’m still trying to track them down and it’s impossible to find them because I’m trying to figure out more better the lineage of the plant I saw growing back then. Back then we didn’t ask him many questions. The high is so awesome. NL#5 won the first two Cannabis Cups and they were asked to retire it. Can’t wait to try some of the new stuff y’all are working on!!! This is the content I signed up for.

OZZ_

Veteran
Stellar work Royal! I have some of Bodhis release I plan on doing a repro on at some point (which I believe are Bodhis selection off of BCSC).

Did you make any pure beans to keep the genetics in tact at all? Saw you scored that male and the ability to do so, even if it is bottlenecked ??

T

TakenByTheSky

I grew a few bodhi's and surprisingly they were very lackluster

One grew fat but was all leaf and bud rot, the purple one was ok but lots of leaf and frankly there is just far better strains out there than to keep that one around.

OZZ_

Veteran
I grew a few bodhi's and surprisingly they were very lackluster

One grew fat but was all leaf and bud rot, the purple one was ok but lots of leaf and frankly there is just far better strains out there than to keep that one around.

That’s good to know! I appreciate the input ... we will see how they turn out on my end and if I get the same results I’ll simply scrap the repro, no harm no foul.

T

TakenByTheSky

That’s good to know! I appreciate the input ... we will see how they turn out on my end and if I get the same results I’ll simply scrap the repro, no harm no foul.

There might be better plants in there. I know bodhi said he used a wide range of parents to secure a lot of diversity. I know better NL exists then the two I had. My male also autoflowered which I was kind of like as stable as NL is I didn't even know that was a thing.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Stellar work Royal! I have some of Bodhis release I plan on doing a repro on at some point (which I believe are Bodhis selection off of BCSC).

Did you make any pure beans to keep the genetics in tact at all? Saw you scored that male and the ability to do so, even if it is bottlenecked ??

The male I had passed away but I did manage to cross him to my A5 for an NL#5 bx.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
89 Bx project ?
Was that the one where he crossed the NL#5 to ruderalis ?

Yes.

1989 Northern Lights #5 / Nevil's Northern Lights #5 Bx8 = NL#5 x (NL#5 x (NL#5 x (NL#5 x (NL#5 x (NL#5 x (NL#5 x (NL#5 x (R.1x1)

R.1 x 1 = NL#1 x (NL#1 x Ruderalis)

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Last grow for this thread. This grow will be focused on growing a dominant cola and show the bud structure better.

picture.php
picture.php