What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

89' Northern Lights #5 Grow

N8V Farmer

This is NL5xNL5 from AKBB. Scent is candied roses and playdough. Not sure how else to describe. Very nice lift from her. I have some heavy hitting indicas from Bodhi (OSHP) so in comparison it's a lighter lift but very pleasant. I really enjoy it.

marmarb

All of our nl look similar in build. Tighter nodes not much elongated side branching. Great sog plant

@N8v maybe breeding her with maybe a chem would help the potency

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
This is NL5xNL5 from AKBB. Scent is candied roses and playdough. Not sure how else to describe. Very nice lift from her. I have some heavy hitting indicas from Bodhi (OSHP) so in comparison it's a lighter lift but very pleasant. I really enjoy it.

That NL5 from AKBB looks very interesting.
The closest and most old school fire NL I've personally seen, came from Joey weed's Northern lights, hands down one of the best NL on the market

Here's some more NL#5
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

ambertrichome

Veteran
The NL5 we have is extremely potent. Many get panic attacks from it. I find its as strong as most anything today.

Weve had a cut going since 2003, and is still going strong.

I just bought NL5 from The Green Stash, and from some photos Ive seen, it also looks extremely potent.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
The NL5 we have is extremely potent. Many get panic attacks from it. I find its as strong as most anything today.

Weve had a cut going since 2003, and is still going strong.

I just bought NL5 from The Green Stash, and from some photos Ive seen, it also looks extremely potent.

TGS NL#5, lol, not bad when you take someone else's work and not give any credit.

Last edited:

ambertrichome

Veteran
They don't call it their own

Also Sensi lost the original genetics around 2007-9.. I was in federal prison when they lost it.
NOBODY has the original moms used to produce the original line.

If yours isn't from Sensi, yours are also "STOLEN" and Sensi doesnt have the original anymore, and don't even advertise it as NL5. They just say NL...….., and still use the cup, like this is the same ( LIARS/MISLEADING ) as what won the cup.

Yours being from AKBB I guess is more ethical vs TGS ROFLAO.
And for me, Im glad both places have the genetics for sale. May be even worth it to cross the AKBB with TGS for varietal selection.

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
They don't call it their own

Also Sensi lost the original genetics around 2007-9.. I was in federal prison when they lost it.
NOBODY has the original moms used to produce the original line.

If yours isn't from Sensi, yours are also "STOLEN" and Sensi doesnt have the original anymore, and don't even advertise it as NL5. They just say NL...….., and still use the cup, like this is the same ( LIARS/MISLEADING ) as what won the cup.

Yours being from AKBB I guess is more ethical vs TGS ROFLAO.
And for me, Im glad both places have the genetics for sale. May be even worth it to cross the AKBB with TGS for varietal selection.

The NL#5 I'm running is not from AKBB and could be traced back to nevil's NL#5 mother, This NL is part of Nevil's NL#5 bx project from the man himself, this is where the 89 NL#5 differs from the rest in the market.
picture.php

marmarb

It's a well known fact that mel was doing seeds runs for the man himself before all the nonsense happened. As shown in the thread most of these nl5 look extremely similar I haven't flowered mine out yet so cant speak on the flowers. But growth and structure wise dead on.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club

By any chance do you have any pics of those OSHP's?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The NL#5 I'm running is not from AKBB and could be traced back to nevil's NL#5 mother, This NL is part of Nevil's NL#5 bx project from the man himself, this is where the 89 NL#5 differs from the rest in the market.
View Image

89 Bx project ?
Was that the one where he crossed the NL#5 to ruderalis ?

herbgreen

Veteran
Heres Another good Northern Lights Thread

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeders-support-information/2012-northern-lights.html

As far as Melvan's 89 NL5 Its been listed as 89 NL5 F5 = (Garlic NL5 f4 x NL5)

https://superiorseedbank.com/shop/melvanetics-89-nl5-f5/

Its Garlic, and I seem to remember her saying she had her garlic line and got some seeds from a guy and found a male to cross with it ?

This is her one and only post on another forum responding about the 89 NL5

Quote by aleckly 07-20-2015

"I like Melvan and we were both at another forum when she got those beans but i dont believe the back story, mainly because it originated from that goon rimmeo. He said he was at the cannabis castle around the time nevil got nicked and that there was a load of pure NL#5 seeds that nevil was about to release but never got the chance. AFAIK this was never confirmed by nevil when he was posting here. Also NL#5 was never released in seed form as it is/was a clone only, the seed line was just called Northern Lights. Which was more than likely NL#5 x NL#2.

Im not trying to disrespect Mel at all, i just think she wants to believe in a story that is very doubtful. Shes a member here too so she might chime in."

Response quote by Melvan 07-20-2015

"Hi Alecky. Hope all is well, for sure long time no see. Rimmeo (who is NOT my favorite person) had nothing to do with the 89 NL5. Supposedly, the 90 Superskunk I ran from him came direct from Neville, and I traded Rimmeo some of my 89 NL5 F3s for them when TSD was still up and runnning, when I was searching for the old Superskunk from Sensi I use to love, but his hands never came anywhere near my 89 NL5 beyond my trading with him.

Trust me, he got the better end of that deal by a mile. I did notice that not long after he had all new NL5 workings available for sale. Pretty sure he made them all with the 10 seeds I passed him, but can't prove it of course."

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeders-support-information/2012-northern-lights-31.html

However, years earlier from rimmeo

Quote by rimmeo 01-01-2011

"this was the year i went to the castle to pick up the NL#5 pure if you look at the bags of seeds there labeled theres a lot of seeds here the best quality money could buy"

w/ pictures of NL5, superskunk, g13 seeds etc...

quote Nevil

"I had a back crossed line of NL5, 8 back crosses. After I got out of jail they were gone. I don't know what happened to them. Marcel probably sold Rimmeo some of them. It was the closest to NL5 in seed form. It's another of my projects that I never got to finish. It stil irks me."
N.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/5594-1990-seed-pick-up-cannabis-castle.html

And then there's this random page from here...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=357540&page=2

TGA The Green Stash (s t r a i n l y) description lists NL5 as a BX

Anyone know the lineage?

And AK beanbrains...

AKBB NL5 x NL5 is (92 Marc Emery x Alaskan NL 5)

The 92 emery is from the marc emery catalog hes a seed broker not a breeder its most likely BCSC if you look at the old catalog

And then the male side Alaska NL5 circulating back then

:biggrin:

olday

Veteran

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeders-support-information/2012-northern-lights.html

Its Garlic, and I seem to remember her saying she had her garlic line and got some seeds from a guy and found a male to cross with it ?

"I like Melvan and we were both at another forum when she got those beans but i dont believe the back story, mainly because it originated from that goon rimmeo. He said he was at the cannabis castle around the time nevil got nicked and that there was a load of pure NL#5 seeds that nevil was about to release but never got the chance. AFAIK this was never confirmed by nevil when he was posting here. Also NL#5 was never released in seed form as it is/was a clone only, the seed line was just called Northern Lights. Which was more than likely NL#5 x NL#2.

Im not trying to disrespect Mel at all, i just think she wants to believe in a story that is very doubtful. Shes a member here too so she might chime in."

"Hi Alecky. Hope all is well, for sure long time no see. Rimmeo (who is NOT my favorite person) had nothing to do with the 89 NL5. Supposedly, the 90 Superskunk I ran from him came direct from Neville, and I traded Rimmeo some of my 89 NL5 F3s for them when TSD was still up and runnning, when I was searching for the old Superskunk from Sensi I use to love, but his hands never came anywhere near my 89 NL5 beyond my trading with him.

Trust me, he got the better end of that deal by a mile. I did notice that not long after he had all new NL5 workings available for sale. Pretty sure he made them all with the 10 seeds I passed him, but can't prove it of course."

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeders-support-information/2012-northern-lights-31.html

"this was the year i went to the castle to pick up the NL#5 pure if you look at the bags of seeds there labeled theres a lot of seeds here the best quality money could buy"

quote Nevil

"I had a back crossed line of NL5, 8 back crosses. After I got out of jail they were gone. I don't know what happened to them. Marcel probably sold Rimmeo some of them. It was the closest to NL5 in seed form. It's another of my projects that I never got to finish. It stil irks me."
N.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/5594-1990-seed-pick-up-cannabis-castle.html

Anyone know the lineage?

And AK beanbrains...

The 92 emery is from the marc emery catalog hes a seed broker not a breeder its most likely BCSC if you look at the old catalog

Ty for sharing - love this shit

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club

quote Nevil

N.

Anyone know the lineage?

And AK beanbrains...

If I remember correctly, the Garlic f4 is an NL#5 gralic pheno, which was used to make the F5 with a musky fruity NL#5 pheno (from the same line).

herbgreen

Veteran
If I remember correctly, the Garlic f4 is an NL#5 gralic pheno, which was used to make the F5 with a musky fruity NL#5 pheno (from the same line).

That very well may be true

Do you remember where this was talked about or link to an interview ?

That was the only real quote I could find

what i remembered came from an interview dont know which one

Well, dont really matter....Its all in the smoke

Very Interesting....And I like to know what I can

Got to be like flippin' Sherlock Holmes to even figure it out damn it!

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
That very well may be true

Do you remember where this was talked about or link to an interview ?

That was the only real quote I could find

what i remembered came from an interview dont know which one

Well, dont really matter....Its all in the smoke

Very Interesting....And I like to know what I can

Got to be like flippin' Sherlock Holmes to even figure it out damn it!

Directly from Mel.

marmarb

If I'm reading correctly than mel would have the legit nl5 genetics If the garlic pheno is just a pheno of the 5 than that clears that up. I would like to run some of Joey's gear but if it isn't stocked at a USA bank than I probably wont get it.

Latest posts

Latest posts