What's new

86' choc thai........

there is only one seed so wether it is male or female we are keeping it to do croses with , if there had been more we would have been selecting phenos and such , as for what its actual lineage is , going to have to ask greenluv , i just know it came outta some chocolate thai flowers that means atleast the female, now we think that the chocolope that we grew was excellent flowering traights and has chocolate thai in its genetics might be a good start to start working with it.

crunkyeah

Veteran
When I first came upon this thread I thought that the classic chocolate thai would be risen from the grave, but now I just can't be so sure.

Honestly, I would look more closely for chocolate thai phenos in chocolope. Having 1 seed really isn't much. Unless it turns out to be a stellar 150% top grade girl, then MAYBE. In all reality, none of the readers here can be certainly sure that this classic strain has been brought back to life. 1 seed gives us(the readers and consumers) nothing. If you had even 10 I would say it would be very doable. But 1 seed?

Without knowing who did what to this strain, it could be whatever. We the readers, only have a story to go by. Supposedly if the person did so much work with this strain, wouldn't you think he has more than 1 seed?

I am still very interested to see the structure and form of this plant, because that will show us if it's legit or not. Have no doubt, I do have hope. I'm sure I'm voicing plenty of opinions by saying having only 1 seed seems sketchy.

Will be waiting for pictures. Take care, and good luck.

PicosPoisonftw!

no no dont worrie she will stay pure, but i will have to mix her too .its sad nobody really fully gives sativas credit,this is the only forum that people really care. FOR YOU GUYS i promis she'll stay pure.KEEP an eye out for LAUGHING MOUNTIAN SEEDS,this is where her home will be at.WE will have to see what the future brings.:tiphat:

Not sure why he'd say that, and state that there are multiple beans, then give you one. But, if that's the case: self it.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
skechy i think not,pretty much when people assume and dont trust the situation there allways gonna talk shit,im the ONLY person who has the axcess to this strain besides the dude who is holding this rare jem close to his side.to ask somebody the whole linage of a strain that fell out years ago is rediculas.all i can say is EVERYBODY cross your fingers and stop hateing on my shit....... negative energy doesnt help anybody................please sit back and enjoy the show and watch as it folds out. pics of her is not gonna happen till that bean pops at laughing mountian.

idiit

Veteran
white chocolate

white chocolate

Thanks y'all. No website yet, we live in the mountains and spend most of our time on the growing and breeding, and not much on promotion...yet hahaha
But as far as kushs go, we got a few. This year we're rocking the Sugar Cane Kush, its gonna be killer. Big purple grapey buds, we can't wait. That is thanks to our friend Reservation Labs :)

And hey, making friends is great :) But we just want to do fun things with this strain and let y'all reap the benefits. You can bet any beans made with these will be available to all :tiphat:

Does anyone out there have any specific crosses they may want to see? Could give us some clue as to what might be a hit with everyone :)
i took chocolate rain (choc thai in both parents), ran f2's from the two most extreme sativa phenos and then ran the f2's and found one very scraggly lanky extreme sativa pheno (turned out male) and crossed it into my best 99aww-"the white" pheno i had and am running some outdoors this year. the whole idea of white chocolate was too juicy to not try. i got no idea what the male is. i hope its choc thai dom. it seems that the tobacco/chocolate nose to ct translates in its crosses. trial and error for kicks. yes, i'll post outdoor pics this fall. idiit.:moon:

greenluv707

cant wait to see idiit. ya i would say if she has that very light coco smell and has the earthy tone to her i would have to say the choc thai is running deep in her. i just luv the daydreamy high.

idiit

Veteran
acapolco gold, choc thai, angolan red pure are a few of the "must preserve" landraces. seems like the oxoacans are safe. i feel its important work. idiit.

greenluv707

thoes sound like some serious land race shit. that acapolco gold is one of my favs havent had her in many year.

Last edited by a moderator:

PicosPoisonftw!

acapolco gold, choc thai, angolan red pure are a few of the "must preserve" landraces. seems like the oxoacans are safe. i feel its important work. idiit.

agreed. and now that luiz is gone the brazilians. luckily there are people working w/the columbians.

fabvariousk

Veteran
These genetics are starting to sound rather "elite" if you catch my drift.
greensea4me-Also might want to spell check the name of your seed co.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i thought he was given a bunch of seeds? how come just one now? hell i have about 3000 or so random seeds you guys are welcome too...lol.

I have 13 Original Chocolate Thai seeds that were in uncle Bucks collection. Made by a dear friend and member here Drawoh. Check out his photos, huuuuuge Choco Thai buds! Didn't know there was much hype about this strain, may just have to put it on the list next to pop.

greenluv707

would luv to see some pix..........

ive seen your collection phillthy you should start some of thoes been your holding on to.i really dont know how you store the collection you have.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks but i meant beans whose parents are unkown. i have a nice little mixed bag collection from the years.

i keep my beans in a box. i dont refrigerate and still get 90% germ at 5 and 6 years with most.

greenluv707

nice, i was sad i had a shit load of bag seed from years ago and recently tryed to germenate them and had no luck.they were probly from 95-2000.how do you keep such a collection and have them germnate at that rate?

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well good luck bro. cant wait to see the choco tai.

i keep the beans in a box that is felt lined and i throw in a few silica packs. i keep all beans in their original packaging. never had an issue. hope that helps!

TB Gardens

Veteran
im still confused....

why did LMS only get 1 seed? OP def stated he was given a bunch of beans.... sigh. hype para nada ... oh well, good luck with that one plant anyways. who knows, maybe there is a hint of truth to this Choc Thai myth.. But i am with Philthy, OP said guy had been "working" and bx'ing for years, what was it "worked" or bx'd with? how did it become such a short flowering TRUE choc thai sativa?

anyways, good luck, hopefully that lil baby survives and a picture makes its way to the boards. thanks for the nostalgia trip tho :tiphat:

greenluv707

either way, i wouldnt have started this thread if this was all bullshit.

and the questions your askin about the flowering time is not me,i just asked my dads friend and that was the answer he gave me ,he said he had been working on lowering the flowering time through selective process. REMEMBER he has had this since 85' and hes not your normal old school grower, throw the shit in the back yard and what ever comes out comes out. no thats not him. also i started this thread in hopes of good karma not people askin questions and making assumations on the lil info i gave, no there is more then one seed,way more then one seed.L.M.S have one seed.come on stop and chill and just wait and see what the future holds. people if you cant wish luck or share your experence with the choc thai when you tryed her, i dont really wanna hear your bullshit.

thanx.