What's new

800 Gallon Smart Pot Grow show.

mendo420

Veteran
Here are some plants in 45 gallon smart pots.
They are pretty big.
Some are over 8'.
I thought they would stay small, I was wrong.
Its getting crowded in here!

Mix of Sky s1's, GSC s1's and bubba x sky s1's!
Should be tasty!

Calidude

Mendo, when I grow up I want to be you man! Awesome work you got going on here; appreciate all that you do for the grow community. Couple of questions: how many hours of direct sunlight do you get and what time do you get first sun hit? What is the canopy size on those plants in the 45 gallon pots? if they are already 8 ft tall, it makes me wonder using 800 gal is worthwhile your thoughts? thanks for your feedback.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I've spotted a couple runts in my garden too…..i figure the bad seed phenos I'm gonna yank early in mid september and just turn them into BHO…i can unload hash oil super quick and easy and use that money to turn around and throw at the trim scene.

mendo420

Veteran
Mendo, when I grow up I want to be you man! Awesome work you got going on here; appreciate all that you do for the grow community. Couple of questions: how many hours of direct sunlight do you get and what time do you get first sun hit? What is the canopy size on those plants in the 45 gallon pots? if they are already 8 ft tall, it makes me wonder using 800 gal is worthwhile your thoughts? thanks for your feedback.

I just had to show these plants in the 45's .

I see all these puny plants being posted in larger pots, and had to show how we do it here in Mendocino County. Big UP!
:woohoo:
I cant believe they are doing so well!
They were not the strongest plants going in, some were in pre-flower. I hacked 8 of them that were flowering and they pulled them out of it. They are the smaller plants.

The 45's are not in a great spot either. They don't get a lot of sun but obviously enough, Id say about 6 hours direct.

I think the foot print of this garden is like 30x20 and the spacing is to close. I'm trying to get them to fit in the sun and that's the spot.

For me 800 gallons is what I like and want. 800's are worth it to me.

I have over 10' plants in the 400 gallons.

So we can conclude that pot size is not as important as genetics and technique.

Looks like I have some good genetics over here!
:dance013:

mendo420

Veteran
I've spotted a couple runts in my garden too…..i figure the bad seed phenos I'm gonna yank early in mid september and just turn them into BHO…i can unload hash oil super quick and easy and use that money to turn around and throw at the trim scene.

yesterday I spent some time with bubba x sky. It's not as bad as I make it.

I'm very hard on my self.

Considering its genetic heritage, It's indica dominate so it should not get as tall as say Mendo Dream.

Its just under 8' so Its not puny.
Its healthy and dark green with no sign of deficiency.

Just a smaller indica, we like indica over here. May be more suited for indoor.

Their is another bubba x sky that is over 10'! I'm comparing this plant in the 800 to that in the 400 so its apples to oranges.

I bet I get massive, dense frosty buds

sticky367

Mendo, I was gonna say that 'smaller' plant is still looking beautiful and thiiick, Im not sure if you answered this earlier but will you be adding mulch to the 800s?

Calidude

Sounds like experience/technique and your mastery of genetics are the main contributors to the giants you are growing now. Obviously, there are other reasons like soil that can't be overlook but that also comes with experience.

You also extended your grow time by vegging them before transplanting them at ~5ft. what kind of light did you use prior to transplant, t5?

mendo420

Veteran
Things are going good on the mountain.

Lots of growth every week!
It just has not stopped.

We got some trees here!

Big UP!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
remesh, nice, but it's only 7' tall, what do you do about the top half of the plant? just throw some netting over?

your garden is looking amazing man. LOL at the 8ft "runt". Also what does your topdressing feed/schedule look like?

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread is always perfect.

very inspirational and honestly beautiful.

:respect: mendo!

turbo14

Veteran
Should of gone with 5,000 gallon pots, lol just kiddin. You are makin those 800 gals look like solo cups.

mad respect mendo!

turbo

mendo420

Veteran
remesh, nice, but it's only 7' tall, what do you do about the top half of the plant? just throw some netting over?

your garden is looking amazing man. LOL at the 8ft "runt". Also what does your topdressing feed/schedule look like?

I don't worry bout it over the remesh to much.
Its going to be the sides that need more support. Ill use some netting.

I have not top dressed this year. Not sure If I'm going to.
I'll just have to wait to see what the plants need.
I was think'n of getting another soil analysis mid season.