What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800 Gallon Smart Pot Grow show.

S

StanKDanK

was wondering how many seeds you popped to find those 25 winners that get put outside ? :ying:420:ying:

mendo420

Veteran
was wondering how many seeds you popped to find those 25 winners that get put outside ? :ying:420:ying:

I always start to many. :laughing:
I want to run this and that and this and that. Then you got like 250 seeds to crack.

I could start less, and was going to start less this season.
That is the nice thing with fem seeds you dont have to start so many.
But I have a bunch of new crosses to test out!!!:dance013:

I started over 200 seeds.
I always want backup plants just in case some start going into flower.

I plan on running 10 blue dreams so I started 25 blue dream fem seeds.

At this time their is no telling what's going in the pots.
The starts are lookin GOOD!!!:woohoo:

mendo420

Veteran
Thank you Mendo. I assume your 1/4 line is perforated for a nice even soaking? How long does that have to run to saturate 800gal of soil?!

yes it is perforated soaker hose .

the watering time gets adjusted as the season progresses and the hot summer days are upon us.

I water 1 time a day in the morning from every 3 days to every day in the heat of summer.

Water needs change and I monitor and adjust the duration of the timers.

Its just 1 of the things to keep up with.

mendo420

Veteran
talk is cheap.

how bout some pics????

Here's the poop on the new shit!
:woohoo:

GSC s1

another GSC s1

Bubba Kush x Skywalker s1

S

StanKDanK

looks good man. nice healthy girls for sure.:dance013:
Are you topping the plants this season or no topping "all natural" like last year and do you use well water ?

Life is short, so live your dreams..

JointOperation

love it.. hoping the laws start to fall into wat u got over there in cali man.. jesus. thats a DREAM compared to what we can do here.. lol guerilla or go to jail lol.. or atleast outdoors hidden grows .. when and if i can ever grow that large.. id love to.. shit if i could move out there i would.. but my parents are getting to old to just up and leave. unless i can convince them to move lol.

I'm Flounder

800 gal smart pots? I have only found 400gal, just over 2yrds, available through wholesale. And you start with seed? I consistently find cuttings outgrowing their moms in large containers. Also, generally for proper exposure you should at minimum run your pots 25ft on center, looks like you could run fewer in an area with the same result imho

locoezon

Nice plants Mendo, i dont see the time to be enter them in smart pot and become like a real monsters!

:tiphat:

Apikulteur

Nice work. I take a seat and will follow.

I would be interested by having a roots picture of one of your monster from last year? Do u get one?
Cheers

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice plants Mendo, i dont see the time to be enter them in smart pot and become like a real monsters!

:tiphat:

Yea I was wondering the same thing. I could see small seedling at this point pulling 5-6, but hitting the 8-10 + mark seems unlikely from your pics. Could be getting the same yield in 200''s. For 800's to be worth it I would think you need to pull 10+ each. Running 800 gallons of soil from 4 200's should pull 20.
You could pop 3-4 of those seedlings in each one to max out your soil. You'd be over 25 but max out yield.
Have a great season either way.:tiphat:

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Giving them 800 gallons versus 200 gallons is why they will still pull 8 plus.

Big up mendo seeds.

I think I remember him saying last year he averaged 5-6 and had one or two that hit 8. Depends on when the seedling were started,what strains, and how they are grown.
I think it will be tough to pull 8 off seed plants started around or after March 20 ish even in 4 yards. I could be wrong.

Lacocina

I sure mis Mendocino ! ..things have come a long ways since the 80's can't wait to drool on your success

mendo420

Veteran
I think I remember him saying last year he averaged 5-6 and had one or two that hit 8. Depends on when the seedling were started,what strains, and how they are grown.
I think it will be tough to pull 8 off seed plants started around or after March 20 ish even in 4 yards. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the vote of confidence bra.

You assume too much.
I have not talked about 10# plants or even what I expect in yield.

You have no clue when I started my seeds.
They are not crappy GRS seeds.
They are Mendo Seeds!!!

Take your negative comments to the trash.
No one here wants to hear it.

You are wrong!
:moon:

Thanks for stopping by