What's new

8 Historic Symbols That Mean The Opposite of What You Think

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Also want to say thanks to disco, MMM, MoldyFrogToe, and angel4 for your kind words and civil participation...

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Also the guy who wrote the article makes a big deal over the representation of Crazy Horse like he's Mohamed or something, but the fact is that Crazy Horse's family owns a drawing of him that was done by an artist.

I guess the author didn't bother with facts that didn't support his article.

M

Marywanna

Isn't 4-20 Hitlers BDay? Don't know the correct year and wasn't about to look it up.

John Deere

Veteran
Pledge_salue.jpg

How about the Bellamy salute. It was used as the US flag salute until it became too well associated with Nazi Germany. FDR and Congress officially changed the Flag Code in 1942 to the hand over the heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
didn't lot's of different things happen every day of the year?

Almost every day is some significant figure's birthday or historical event anniversary...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Hardly lol.

You are consistently rude and condensing to people who disagree with your point of view. That's why your threads read like this. You make a good victim though.

:comfort:

I tend to respond to people in like manner to the tone with which I am approached... I'm never condescending (or condensing) to anyone who didn't pop off with something insulting or condescending first...

I've not been victimized in the least,
Haters don't bother me, they entertain me...

whodair

Veteran
please realize that when there's a hole in your bagel, you've been ripped off. often misunderstood, the hole in the bagel ...

picture.php

notice how much dough is stolen by the canadian jewry

A

arcticsun

In other words you are pushing a concept you are hardly familiar with

Hardly familiar with?? Lmao, who out of us 2 is hardly familiar with this topic, if you had basic knowledge regarding this you would attentively be asking me questions instead of acting a fool.

, and calling people liars without anything to back up the accusation... because you saw a TV show... lol... If it's on TV it must be true, eh?

Lol, your sarcasm is funny, do you think ive learned my protestant history from TV? I dont have a TV atm fyi!

See here is your problem, you rely on someone else to think for you. You need me to link you some page where some other person has the same perspective as me. Im actually an independent thinker. A real one, not just a shadow boxing puppet.

See i know about the protestant movement in detail because im directly out of one of the aristocratic families of Schlesswig Holstein. And save your ridicule because im right about this, we dont do protest marches during the easter because of some waldo kids, we do it because its ancient tradition.

YOU are the one that cant make this independent conclusion, and depend on wikipedia or TV or whatever to think over simplified thougths for you.

IF you can get past this issue, maybe ill tell you the real Christopher Columbus story. Just to fuck with your world view even further.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
then back up your speculation with some evidence.

"4:20 = time for smoking cannabis" has nothing to do with protestant marches...
unless you have something more tangible to evidence an actual connection,
Your 'tv program based' connection speculation is nothing more than an interesting coincidence.

p.s. pointing out foolishness is vastly different than acting the fool. You seem to have confused the two.

So... document a connection for us please, because all you've done so far is document a coincidence. If you have this knowledge, stop being stingy with it and lay it out.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
and lol at you thinking anything you can document pertaining to Columbus would affect my world view one iota. Though I am interested at what portion of what I already know is such an earth shaker in your estimation... Please enlighten us.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
he's gonna drop the bombshell that Chris didn't discover america, or maybe that he neither set foot in north america, nor did anything to advance trade... and I'm gonna reply with 'duh.'

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Or maybe it'll be that CC wasn't the one to prove the earth round, since all educated people of the time knew better already, along with most of the general population... or maybe it's the slave trading?

Last edited: