What's new

70w hps club

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Yup, can definitely see that... :/

Just wanted to confirm it was normal.

Is it safe to say though that 3 MASSCOOL FD08025S1M4 80mm's ( ~ 2500 RPM; 31.73 CFM) and 1 Scythe SY1225SL12L 120mm "Slipstream" (800 RPM, 40.17 CFM) would be sufficient to vent a relatively small cab of about 12"L x 11"W x 34"T with the 70w HPS and maybe an additional 26W CFL or two?

I heard great things about the moving power of the 3000 Ultra Kazes but they seem to be pretty loud...

yes its perfectly normal.
id say yes you will be able to cool your cab with pc fans, there is a but.. if pushing through a carbon filter, airflow is reduced, that may increase your cab temp. run an empty cab and monitor the temps.

as an example i used, 2x 80mm fans, one intake one exhaust, i think they were both on about 7v, running no carbon filter, ballast in the cab, temps would hit about 27c.

well im gonna go pick up a 70w hps for the cab i think but was wondering were u all got your cooltubes? or what u used for a cooltube. sweet club btw

MagicChef

PYREX made a tempered glass tube used for baking some years ago. It is called the "EASY BAKE", by PYREX. You can get them on Ebay for anywhere from 15-40 bucks depending on condition and what have you. There are some very good DIY tutorials on how to fasten your bulb properly inside the tube, if your into it. Hope this helps.
-Chef

Rwhiten

I have about 4 70w hps lights

I have about 4 70w hps lights

oh and i have seeds to... i have a closet ... Roughly 2x5x9...any thoughts on what i could set up
:joint:

Rambro

oh and i have seeds to... i have a closet ... Roughly 2x5x9...any thoughts on what i could set up
:joint:
nobody can tell you what you can set up where and how. you kinda just gotta read a lot of info on here and then run with it. it sucks but honestly the only way to get shit up and runnin it to stART on it and make adjustments b4 u put the plants in there

MagicChef

My advice is figure out your ventilation first. Well maybe second. First decide what type of lights and wattage and the choose your ventilation setup. From past experiences I've learned to oversize your ventilation a bit. Chances are your going to want to stuff some more light in there at some point, and it's hard to change stuff around and rewire when your closets crammed with bud. Word.

Rambro

ok well after about a month and a week my auto ak47 looks to be almost done, lots of hairs turning brown and its smelling nice. im guessin it was so fast because it was on 12/12 from seed. its small as fuck(like 6") cuz i left it in a small pot too long, but i shut down the grow cab and its on my back porch for now. the lemon skunk has been planted in the ground outside, its about a foot tall. its already shown sex but i hope itll reveg and grow big as fuck outside. im goin on a 4day vacation and i dont like the idea of that hot bulb runnin in my closet while im out of the state. so for now i think my time in the 70w hps club is finished, that thing just gets too hot in there for my liking so i think ill save up some cash and just buy a 63w LED panel when i get back. thanks for all the help guys, i appreciate everything!

Rambro

Damb, lost another one.
nah not lost by a long shot bro! its just toooooooo hot here and its too expensive to keep ambient temps cool enough where my cab will stay around 85F. i plan on gettin the led panel within the next few weeks, but in the winter time im probably gonna find a way to have the led AND my 70w bulb goin at the same time :dance013:lol i paid 15$ for my 70w so im not gonna just toss it, and i cant give it away without it being obvious what it was used for, so im gonna be holdin on to it.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
lol, if u think 70w is too hot to keep cool... what do you think a bigger one like 150,250,400,600 is like ?
70w is piss easy to cool imo, 2 pc fans was all i needed, sure it was warm in there, but use a cooltube and 120mm fan on low and you have a silent and cool cab.

Rambro

lol, if u think 70w is too hot to keep cool... what do you think a bigger one like 150,250,400,600 is like ?
70w is piss easy to cool imo, 2 pc fans was all i needed, sure it was warm in there, but use a cooltube and 120mm fan on low and you have a silent and cool cab.
which is why ill just put up the dollars for a 63watt LED. the less shit i have to do the better i feel. and with the LED is runs way cooler without needing a cooltube, so i wont be paranoid about burning my house down all the time. LED is expensive but IMO if it performs like everyone claims it does on the LED forum, itll be well worth it and it will have paid for itself x2 in 1 grow.

70wDreams

I just thought I would chime in, months later, with a progress report / success story image:

picture.php

K

kidkannabis

Nice cabs peeps! I envy some of you... haha. so a question for those who think they might know the answer... I just finished working on my speaker cab equipped with a 70w HPS and 1 27w 6500k CFL. Stealth is always a factor. Not because I'm a kid but for nosy people around here, besides sheriff's station 2 minutes away. Just can't risk what took so long to acquire and accomplish... soooo I have everything inside the speaker including ballast. I did a test run for 7 hours and temps reached only 80*f-81*f without a small fan I'm going to include for the plants enjoyment. I have the ballast inside a 4s metal box and where I placed it, the outside of the speaker feels warm, I touched the 4s box and it's hot! (obviously because of the ballast). I built a customed air-cooled hood and I'm able to put my hand underneath it without feeling too much heat. Question: is this a potential fire hazard or will it be ok? Please advise.

Panconqueso

Veteran
Nice cab 70wDreams...

How many watts are you using in the mother/clones cab?? and how many moms you've got there??

Cheers

MagicChef

KidK- Id say you should try to keep it up off anything wood or flammable. Perhaps you can find something cheap lying around to use as a heatsink (metal) and throw it under neath. My experience with the 70w ballast is that it gets too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. Main thing is to keep your wiring away from the ballast as much as you can. If you cant go with a remote ballast(outside your cab), then your always going to have to deal with the extra heat. Good luck.

Panconqueso

Veteran
Hi there fellows

It seems like the club is slightly lazy for some time sooo....

Here some pics from my last haverst or some part of it to be accurated becuse the rest of it will be chopped next saturday in order to get a heavy indica effect jeje.

BTW, the girl is a fem Big Bang from GHS (10 weeks)

Here's a universal measure object jajajaja

Cheer clubbers