What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6x600W Amnesia Haze Core Cut on mapito (Simpicity with pballs)mix with

I've made the mix of

2.5kg RW 10L poly balls 10L PU Foam

Now I've got 6 big sacks of this stuff been reading about this stuff over on opengrow just wondering if you treat this stuff the same as used maptio first use rinse with 1.1ec and ph 5.5 dont want to mess these bags up.

@Lord Harrison from top you water with tap+ 1.0 EC nutrition... you plant in the clones.. if they are rooted enough in 3 days they reach the bottom.. if not you have to water from top till they are ready for the ebb and flow regime. Low Ec is good for haze strains.. but for others like a bit higher EC,

the first round you have to understand how ur medium react in ur climate... how often and how high you have to water.

hope it will help you

hidro

@romanolescro never let rw dry completly ur ph will be to high.. water every 3 days even they are wet... shake out the water what you dont need:)
or use EAZY PLUG and BLOCK you can make with that bad:)

@Lord Harrison from top you water with tap+ 1.0 EC nutrition... you plant in the clones.. if they are rooted enough in 3 days they reach the bottom.. if not you have to water from top till they are ready for the ebb and flow regime. Low Ec is good for haze strains.. but for others like a bit higher EC,

the first round you have to understand how ur medium react in ur climate... how often and how high you have to water.

hope it will help you

hidro

Okay so with the new batch of mapito I've made I just need to rinse it with tap water +1ec and PH 5.5 just making sure clones are well rooted before putting in the system.

When it comes to flushing before harvest how do you do that

as I've never done a flood and drain and I know its bad to wash high ec from the top back through mapito

hope it will help you

hidro

Also thanks man for the reply

@Lord last week u half the EC and change K to N.. with this u prepare for the next round if you flip the crates.. they will have "grow" nutrition for the clones at the top and you let 1 day the first watering in the room (1/4 not 1/3) and run to waste... this is the "new" way... we dont flush any more with tap water... like oldschool method...

@Lord last week u half the EC and change K to N.. with this u prepare for the next round if you flip the crates.. they will have "grow" nutrition for the clones at the top and you let 1 day the first watering in the room (1/4 not 1/3) and run to waste... this is the "new" way... we dont flush any more with tap water... like oldschool method...

Now that makes sense can get right on to the next round doing that way.

With return values do you test the last bit from the pump or squeeze mapito.

My last turn was 1.05ec 5.5ph in - return was 1.10ec PH5.8

These are seedlings,

My next flood was 0.88EC 5.5PH IN - OUT 1.02EC 5.8PH

Is this correct If the EC comes back higher drop EC a little bit till you get it back to the same EC going in then when it comes back lower start to increase EC?

Do you have a clone room got any pictures?

Thanks for the replay

W

wassupmane

mapito technique is amazing
dutch love to use it with rooms converted in giant flood tables .. simple and efficient

its allows to soak only the bottom layer of the pots .. leading to maximum oxygenation
i noticed it works the best in pots completely closed on the sides .. the drain holes being at the bottom only
because roots dont like to be in direct contact with environnement
with closed pots directly put on the ground, not on tables .. it gives roots a dream climate to grow

i love to use it with drip system .. it allow way mor precise monitoring of water content and drybacks .. to steer the plant at her best at each stage of bloom
and also to avoid salt accumulations .. top drip cleans leach all the salts and give a precise control of the feed and runoff ec/pH

to do this you have to position the dripper on your dry rockwool just over the plug/trunk of the plant ..
the water willcreate a channel/cone and drip directly to the bottom of the pot to form that layer of water ..

i tried to do drain to waste directly in hugo blocks by soaking them fully but its not close to mapito growth rates..
and mapito typee of growing allow to come faster to the multifeeding .. which means faster rooting/growth

TheDarkStorm

Just curious...hav you ever done ebb n flow / flood an drain with clay pebbles..I was wondering how you think this compares to using mapito ? I know ebb n flow / flood an drain can give some impressive growth, speed and yields wen used with clay pebbles but was curious as to how good mapito performance is compared to it.

W

wassupmane

with clay pebbles youll do more frequent cycles probably, and you will want to flood the pots deeper
will probably allow you to water faster after transplantation ..

TheDarkStorm

Thank you wasup for yor reply...iv got quite abit of experience with clay pebbles and I know wen done right can give excellent results but was wondering how mapito compares to this..I know ppl tend to use it due to it being easier an cleaner to dispose of an clean up but was more interested as to its performance as a direct comparison.

W

wassupmane

yeah for a ebb flow setup clay pebbles looks promising i already saw big setup doing this way
whole room converted in a flood table ..
but honestly rockwool /mapito (i dont speak of mapito with PU flakes or other things mixed with, just pur rockwool crushed in irregular pieces) is the best imo

especially to use with drip system, which allow the best Water content/dryback management
drip with clay pebbles cant be don in the "mapito style", with just the bottom layer of the pot wet. i think that fed from the top all the pebbles in the pot will get wet, losing the efficience and the super oxygenation of the "layer on the bottom"

and yeah it can be easier to clean at the end .. just need to put out the main trunk and the big roots, maybe throw the root mat at the bottom of the pot also ..
and start again .. put the drippers and water ..

W

wassupmane

I tried many setup but Mapito with top drip gave me the faster grow rates .. and also the best hability to steer in the crop during bloom .. here’s a 18 days ak
Was a 3*inch clone originally ..

Attachments

• B1D7E519-41DF-4AB9-BF2B-A68214DCD4DB.jpg
    B1D7E519-41DF-4AB9-BF2B-A68214DCD4DB.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 58

TheDarkStorm

Yeah if your gona use the drip feed system then rockwool is beter as it wicks moisture throughout the block..but using a dripers in clay pebbles isnt too effective as the roots tend not to spread out as fast an wide as they could.. I dont know of anyone that uses mapito thats why I asked here..I have heard it can compact quite quickly tho..but that might be just ppl who are using it wrong or have no idea how to use it...thats why I thought id ask the opinions ov ppl who are getting good results and good experience with it

W

wassupmane

in fact with mapito technque you dont want the rockwool to wicks moisture
you are only wetting around 20% maximum of the mapito in your pot each grow .. you dont want to soak it by hand

just put 1 or 2 drippers just over the plug the plant when you transplant
when you just transplant you will water to runoff few times to buffer the rockwool

by doing this the water will create a channel just under the plant and will fall at the bottom where it will make a layer of few centimeters
thats how mapito differentiate from "normal" rockwool growing, like jungleboys, or in slabs

with mapito style the roots grow in the bottom of the pot, avoiding heat from the side of the pots

when the crop is ending the plant are harvested with a very low moisture content in the rockwool (10-20%WC)

then just need to take out the roots/trunk, mix a bit the mapito, maybe add a bit to top

and restart again ..

it will compact yes but after many harvest .. because you're just using 20% of the total mapito in the pot each time

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
looks so tasty!
im running ammo core cut in soil. can't wait when she is ready. i think i flower her for 70 days total from the switch.

Esme

@hidronesia I've got some of them 1cm x 1cm cubes what ratio would you think i could use so i can re-use it over and over again with the poly balls

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
oh my this pheno smells so good!! and it is covered with full of trichomes. cant wait that taste and effect. im now at day 40 from 12/12.