What's new

6K Sealed Chernobyl

Here is my pathetic attempt at some close up budshots LOL! I let this strain go about 60 days. Fuck I can see cat hair in every pic here LOL.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice friggin work man. That is one of the finer grow rooms I have seen online. Packed it in there. Oh and yer bud shots.....drool drool drool.

Top shelf pal!

BigForest

wow nice you covered everything ,where does your ac vent to or out to? ive had so many problems using portable ac's.They always exhaust my co2 from my genarator and i cant keep my co2 ppm up and im going thru a propane tank everyday it seems like.

Admiral: Thanks man it was a tight fit that's for sure. I was going to replace a couple of the 600's with 1k's and extend the beds out so i only had a 12" or so walkway. Never got around to it unfortunately....

Whatup BF thanks for stopping in. Yea the window ac leaked quite a bit before I took it apart and sealed everything up with spray foam and caulking.

The ac box drew outside air into the side of the unit right over the compressor. A 6" vortex pulled the hot air out of the back. An 8" fan would have been a better choice the 6" got very hot I'm sure it would have burned out eventually.

AC was only like 15 or 18K, don't remember and it cooled 10x 600's with ballasts in the room, burner, etc. Wouldn't be able to keep up in the summer tho that's for sure. A 20lb tank lasted from 10 days to 2 weeks depending on the stage of the plants.

Yes4Prop215: Thanks bro!

Here are a couple pics of that kushy strain at week 7 or so. I took 100's of pics but am unable to locate most of then unfortunately.

The buds were very small compared to the chernobyl run but rock solid and weighed out surprisingly well.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the last plant left alive this one went 70 days. Very tasty smoke with a knockout stone. It can be functional if you just smoke a little but too much and your KTFO. :)

Smells similar to bubba but it has a subtle earthy/fruity smell.

picture.php

Anyhow thanks to everyone for stopping in! :tiphat:

Yes man, I use many bottled products. Superboost (400ppm soil presoak before planting) thrive alive b1, and revive for the first 3 or 4 days, then FN grow with maybe a little bit of sensizyme and voodoo. I'm always changing things.

In flower mostly AN products. Not the full program but quite a few different products. I feed at ph 6.3.

If I didnt get great deals on AN products I wouldn't use them...so in other words, im not trying to recommend AN to anyone LOL. :)

Like I said before tho i've had good results with other nute lines and i'm sure i will change things up in the future and experiment with new products. Just happened to use AN on this room.:)

The trick with getting good results from promix in a bed is watering the correct amount, which is something I could never explain, but has to be learned from trail and error/experience.

Thanks for stopping in again.:tiphat:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Whatup BF thanks for stopping in. Yea the window ac leaked quite a bit before I took it apart and sealed everything up with spray foam and caulking.

Can you share what exactly you did to "seal" your window AC unit? I have two smaller (5000btu) units and I've heard they can exhaust out CO2. I'd love to know what you did to seal them.

Your garden is still a nice sight. Very uniform plants and canopy. Great work.

Hey man I just took it apart and sealed up all the cracks with spray foam/caulking so there was no airflow between the compressor side and the evap coil side.

When I took mine apart I could see that a putty like caulking material (high temp) had been used in some places as a sealant, albeit not very thoroughtly.

Kinda just have to take it apart and just do a little experimenting.

Sorry im not very good at explaing this stuff maybe someone with more experience with AC's could chime in?

I knew my AC leaked at first cause I could stand under it with a cig when the unit was off but exhaust fan still running and all the smoke was being sucked right into it and out of the room.

H

hulkbogan

Good job, I am diggin the beds! Do you recycle your promix or start fresh?

hey im doing same thing i got 1 4x8 bed and 1 4x4 bed
i find that the right amount of water to water every other day is 10 liters per 4x4 bed
and 20 liter for a 4x8 bed
i use 2 bails of promix for a 4x8 bed and 1 bail for a 4x4 bed and that gives me 6inches dirt evenly so when its time to puill the dirt the roots hold the dirt all together and very easy removal just cut them into big squares

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Hey Vince...like i told ya i love soilbeds...heres a snap of mine..

picture.php

Stay Safe

ItsGrowTime: Yea np man. Before I properly sealed the unit I was having probs with temps because I was leaking co2 (and cool air) which caused my burner to fire constantly.

hulkbogan: Sup man I just use fresh everytime. If I was doing organics (which I have, and do..never in beds tho) I would deff re-use.

bodonovich: Sound sweet enjoy those soil beds! I was just looking over my notes...I used similar amounts actually, but watered everday.

greenthumbnewb: Glad to see you stop by.:tiphat:

GDK: Awesome beds man! I love soilbeds! :)

what strain are you running?

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Thanks Vince....its JLP´s SourKush and a cut i call V2...its a sensistar/skunk cross..

Stay Safe

GDK: Cool man! I've never tried SourKush or V2 but it looks awesome so far! :tiphat:

That reminds me....when I was tearing down I found a ballast housing in my cellar full of untrimmed buds from a round of JLP's miss mud. Considering it's been sitting unsealed for 2 years it still smells and smokes BOMB:)

Wish I still had that cut lol.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Nice find...bet it smokes great..yea both cuts was selected by me, and so far only the peeps in my circle tried it, but its slowly spreading beyond...great cuts.

Stay Safe

Latest posts

Latest posts