What's new

6K Sealed Chernobyl

Sup guys just stopped by to show a 6k sealed room I recently built.

I started by building a room within a medium sized bedroom. The room is framed with 2x4's on 24's, insulated with R14, vapor barrier installed, sheathed with 7/16 OSB and sealed with 2x layers of poly.

The main room is roughly 11 x 10. I build another room within a room in the closet, measuring 6 x 7. Both rooms are connected and well sealed. Joists were hung where i have my lights, ac and burner situated, so everything is screwed right into the joists, not just OSB. No span is greater than 24". Made sheathing more costly but its worth it for me knowing everything is solidly hung and nothings going to come crashing down. Two layers of insulation were used in the ceiling.

Pic deleted for security reasons.

Just one layer of insulation for the walls.

Pic deleted for security reasons.

An exterior door supplemented with weather stripping keeps things well sealed.

picture.php

Here we have a 40A 240v line coming in for the lights.

picture.php

And another 30A @ 240v for AC, fans, dehum, heater, etc.

picture.php

Three 6" ducts for exhaust.

picture.php

Here are the intake and exhaust ducts.

picture.php

The room is very well sealed.

picture.php

picture.php

Subs wired and ready to rock. 70A total.

picture.php

Conduit was used to contain the 8/3 240V lines.

picture.php

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:

NICE WORK THUS FAR... looks stellar...

lotsa PRO looking grows coming up here in ICMAG in these colder months...

K where was I? Oh yea, right.....*Ahem* (clears throat)

Here are the ballasts wired up. Everything is clad with cement board. A high temp shutoff was later added (thermostat and contactor).

picture.php

I've got 7 bulbs (600's) in the main room. SSII's of course :) running Hortilux eyes.

picture.php

Here's a real tight run of 4 bulbs lighting up a 4x11 area.

picture.php

Here's another shot of that tight run.

picture.php

Just 3 bulbs running in the closet. Two cooltubes and a SSII.

picture.php

Currently one 6" fan per 5 bulbs is being used plus one for the AC so 3 total. As you can see wires are tagged to cement board. Wire and poly don't mix well IMO. :)

picture.php

Oh yea I almost forgot....TrichyTrichy, LiLWaynE, Phillthy and Teeg420.....Thanks for stopping by guys. Your comments are most appreciated.

Here are the tables in the main room. They are raised off the floor with 1x4's and are lined with poly. These beds don't drain so over water or over fert and your FUCKED :)

picture.php

Here's a shot of all the shit hanging from the ceiling in the main room. Fuckin crowded in there man :)

picture.php

Anyhow i gotta run out and grab some green bulbs to do some night work in there. I should be back shortly with some more pics!

Sorry LiLWaynE no nugs yet just cuts veggin out. :)

M

mrdizzle

hey brother could you post some pics of that a/c box. im about to build one myself

mikeross

Looking good... can't wait till the actual grow starts.

What strain are you planning to grow? Whats your veg setup looking like?

Sup guys....Hope you haven't been waiting too long. :)

Lets take a look at that tight row of 4 bulbs the day of planting. Lights were up high for the first 3 day's then slowly lowered to 24" till they're flipped, then they'll be dropped down lower.

picture.php

This is most of the main room the day of planting. There is plenty of air movement in the room. I'm using 4 wall mount oscillating fans in the main room, 2 in the small room. Plus the air movement from the AC, fan/scrubber and dehum at night.

picture.php

Finally, here is a pic of the small room day 1.

picture.php

somebody041: Way to go man you fucked my whole thread up with that double posting shit it better not happen again! :biglaugh:

JK bro grab a chair and smoke one. It's on me :)

Yea I took my time building this room as i had to take a bit a break due to a security breach at another location. I don't have a background in construction but I've always been handy with things. Thanks for stopping by!:wave:

greenthumbnewb: Thanks man!

SpasticGramps: Glad ya like it!

mrdizzle: Hey whats up man I'm not on site right now but I'll try to snap a pic or two tomorrow. Really tho man im not very good at explaining things like that you should probably check the thread linked below it should answer any questions you have.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=95491

Latest posts

Latest posts