What's new

67 acres pot farm in Longmont, really?

C

cannagirl

It is to my understanding that Longmont just kicked out all the warehouse commercial grows; yet they are voting to allow a 67 acre outdoor "pot-farm"? I just dont get it, on top of that it is a Lamarie, WY city counselman. He doesnt even live in the state but they are going to make exceptions for him? Granted he says he can not grow on it, but he is having it rezoned so that he can sell it, to someone who can. What do you guys think, should Longmont allow it?

here is the article from the Daily Camera.

Greenmopho

Good question....I mean outdoor pot farm is progress for the movement...but forcing a shut down of small warehouses (of which I personally know someone who had to close down last minute because of the Longmont ban and move across the county) and only allowing one huge grow....thats catering to big business

K

kannubis

Put a sign up that says its industrial hemp anywhere there is access. A note that it os only for fiber and seeds for oil might deter a good portion of wouldbe rippers (if they could read).

C

cannagirl

Can you imagine the security necessary for a 67 acre field of outdoor pot? Do you have any idea how many drunk people are going to get shot by armed security guards? That is a catastrophic nightmare waiting to happen. I mean... just think of the logistics. And you know for a fact every wanna-be thug from FTC to Pueblo are gonna be planning a heist and a half ASAP.

Not to mention all the negative attention. Forcing big fields of pot onto people that don't want it (residents surrounding the area) is a bit rude, to say the least. If we want to help everyone in this state to keep an open mind on what "we" want to do, we should put some effort into meeting in the middle. Shit like this scares people that don't like pot. I don't know if anyone agrees here, but sometimes you have to curb your greed out of respect for those not on the bandwagon.

If they allow this to go through, its going to be a nightmare for ALL involved. From the residents that grow to resent pot even more (no pun intended) to the thugs and criminals that think they will get rich off of stealing it and then get shot by Blackwater type contracted militia, no body will win in this situation.

Greenmopho

Can you imagine the security necessary for a 67 acre field of outdoor pot? Do you have any idea how many drunk people are going to get shot by armed security guards? That is a catastrophic nightmare waiting to happen. I mean... just think of the logistics. And you know for a fact every wanna-be thug from FTC to Pueblo are gonna be planning a heist and a half ASAP.

If they have solid genetics out there, you'll see growers in the middle of the night sneaking into the fields with a razor and a bottle of clonex....lol!

You would only have to worry about thug rippers around harvest season, but yes, seems like tons of people would get shot trying to cross that line. I don't think the high plains is a good place for a large outdoor grow.....Need to find a semi-empty remote little valley up in the mountains to do that!

Dorje113

They can't exclude everyone but one guy, that's discrimination. Everyone who was forced out should sue for damages as a class action suit if this goes through. However, it is obvious discrimination and I'd bet the city's lawyer will advise against it.

If it does go through I like bojangles idea....

Baddog40

160144-locusts.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If they did that they would put up razor wire it would be like a prison where the plants are the inmates.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
It's all about the money, if you don't have the dough, they're not gonna let you grow.

Longmont wouldnt approved any dispensarys for there grows so they sould not approved him. City meeting tuesday night we will see what happens longmont is full of shit end of story

BubbleGumStarts

Longmont wouldnt approved any dispensarys for there grows so they sould not approved him. City meeting tuesday night we will see what happens longmont is full of shit end of story

It's located north of longmont, in boulder county. Looks like boulder county is fine with the mega grows, screw the people that made this a reality, let some investor from wyoming come in and sell this farm to the highest bidder. Wouldn't it be nice to see a dispensary chain monopolize the industry and put all the mom and pops out of business including caregivers? Wait thats already happening all over the place.

If the DEA doesn't take care of it, I'm sure some ninja pollen chuckers will, with the aid of a rc helicopter. :dance013: