What's new

63 Watt LED - Strawberry D-Lite & Satori Grow

BL4ZE20

Hey what's up guys.

This thread will be documenting my 63w Led grow. I'd been debating picking up one of Hydro Grows lights to replace my 150w Hps. I was really wanting to go with the 126w, but my current cab won't accommodate it. So I decided I'd take the plunge on the 63w and have a much cooler running light, and hopefully the same yield if not better, or atleast better potency but we shall see.

Since I won't recieve the light until sometime next week, my seedlings will be veg'd for a couple of days under the 150w hps, but the rest of the grow will be all LED.
I'll be growing two plants, the strains that i'll be using are still somewhat up in the air. I'm trying to choose between Mandala Satori, Mandala 8 miles high, Bog's Sourlifesaver and Sagarmatha's Strawberry D-lite. I'm pretty set on one of them being strawberry d-lite since they are fem'd seeds which makes things easier.

Anyways stay tuned guys, I'll probably be popping my beans today since I need to get things moving. I need to have something to smoke here in a few months before my current stash runs dry lol.

BL4ZE ON!! :rasta:

TexMex McDirt

Good luck man, I will keep an eye on this one. I'm loving these LED grows, the LEDs seem like they are really coming along, especially for micro.

BL4ZE20

Texmex - Thanks for stopping by man. LED's do seem like they are coming along. When I first got into growing, which wasn't all that long ago, the tech just didnt seem to be there or maybe it was just too expensive. I think it also had to do with choosing the right LED light spectrums.

Verdant - Glad to have you along for the ride. I'd have to say it was your 63w watt grow, that had a lot of influence on me pulling the trigger on these LED lights.

Small Update : I decided on the genetics to be used and they will be Mandala Satori along with Sagarmatha's Strawberry D-Lite. Satori is some of my favorite smoke and I've done 3 grows of her under the 150w. So it'll give me a good idea of how these led lights compare to hps.
Hopefully the strawberry d-lite will be fun to grow and a pleasure to smoke.
So yeah seeds are germinating and we should have sprouts in the next few days:jump:

BTW- I realize now I forgot to ever finish the title for this thread so it's real short:biglaugh: , hopefully it doesn't get lost in the sea of other threads.

BL4ZE20

x.man - Thanks for stopping in man. I'm hoping the strawberry d-lite will be a treat :yummy:

So good news, I recieved my 63w LED light and got her installed in the cab today!! I've gotta say this light is a lot brighter then I thought it'd be. Also got some pictures for you guys, since I'm sure that's what everyones waiting for haha.

From Above-

Looking up at the LED light -

And here we have 2 Satori seedlings and 1 Strawberry D-Lite.

I'll probably veg for another 10 days or so depends how big they are, and then i'll flip them to flower.

Can't wait to see how this light performs.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool grow. I am vegging my indicas under cfl and then to go under my 63 watt LED with maybe some help from cfl's or pll's. Right there with ya!

I hate LED's on the eyeball, although I am very curious as to how they would effect buds...just not at all economical to really figure that out.

BL4ZE20

Yesum- Thanks man. That's cool that you have a 63 watter as well. I've also thought about adding some pll's to mine, but I'm thinking i'll just use the 63w alone this grow, just so I can see what it's capable of.

Organic Monkey - Haha yea you definitely can't stare at the led's. When I first got the light I had it sittin on my lap just to look at it, and the ON button got semi compressed by my leg, so it started flickering on/off for a second or two blasting me in the eyes.:eek:
Your right about them being expensive, but from what I read along with my curiosity was enough for me to justify the price. Plus I'll have working experience with LED's once they really catch on.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
BTW- I realize now I forgot to ever finish the title for this thread so it's real short , hopefully it doesn't get lost in the sea of other threads.

I can help you with that. What did you have in mind.

BL4ZE20

Freezerboy - Thanks for stopping in. Can't really think of anything catchy so if you could just make it...
63 Watt LED - Strawberry D-Lite & Satori Grow

So figured i'd give you guys a small update. I just transplanted all three girls.
I put the one strawberry D-lite into a 2gal smart pot and one of the Satori's also went into a 2gal smart pot. For whatever reason I bought 2 - 2gal smart pots and 1- 3gal one. I'd planned on putting the straw-d in the 3gal and the satori's in the 2gal (since their sex is unknown anyways) but couldn't fit the 3 gal in my cab. So one of the satori's went into a 1 gallon grow bag.
Not much going on yet, but i'm sure they'll start to take off soon once they get settled in from the transplant.

Here's a couple pictures

The Strawberry D-Lite is the one in the top right, with the other two being the Satori's of course.

One of the Satori's under the LED

And here's all three

I'd like to point out two things i've noticed so far with the LED light

One being that plants aren't stretching at all, the few nodes the plants have are very tight.

And secondly my ambient temps are around 77-78F right now, and inside my cab i'm anywhere from 78-81F so it's certainly very cool running. My Hps would easily be sitting at 85-88F right now.

That's all i've got for now.

BL4ZE ON!!:rasta:

BL4ZE20

OUTLAWZ - Thanks for dropping in, be sure to stop back by anytime. :tiphat:

Apollonio- Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll have a good grow to share with you guys.

Alright so I believe we are around day 15 of veg. I'll most likely go ahead and make the flip to flower today. So things should start getting more interesting in the next few weeks.
Now it's picture time :)

So here's all three girls, The strawberry d-lite is in the upper right just like the last picture.

Looking in on 1 of the satori's and the Strawberry D

Stay tuned and i'll cya all next week with another update :wave:

BL4ZE ON!!

Z

Zombo

Yes! Another 63w MicroFarmer!

Yes! Another 63w MicroFarmer!

I'm subscribed, you betcha! You are gonna LOVE your 63w!

BL4ZE20

#1cheesebuds - Thanks for stopping in, i'll do my best to make it a bad ass grow haha. I'm already wanting some more LED's myself!!

Zombo - Glad to have you on-board buddy. So far your right about loving the 63w, but we'll see how I feel once everythings flowered out.

So it's time for an update. We've been in flower for about a week now I believe. Everything is going good, except the fact that my cab is getting full!! Hopefully these Satori's we'll show sex asap ahah.

I'll go ahead and leave you guys with the pictures

Here's the Strawberry D-Lite she's really grown a lot and has huge indica leaves.

Here's all three of the girls together.
The satori's are in the front left and the other in back middle which leaves the plant on the right being the Strawberry D.

Here's a shot looking into the cab. It's hard to get a good picture since I only have so much room to push back the Led light.

And here's just a random Satori shot

Stay tuned guys!

BL4ZE20

ISP_Smoketrain- Not at all man, it's a hydro grow 63w penetrator. There's a sub forum for these lights it's right above the seed vendor sub forums.

Latest posts

Latest posts