What's new

600watts, AK48s, and another try.

600watts, AK48s, and another try.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fishwater

I had a grow going once that I new was a little bit hermie, had a few male nuts here and there. I caught the most of them and only had 5 or 6 seeds per bud. I saved the seeds from them, and get 90% female plants out of them.
But, there was one plant out of 12 that was totally infested with seeds, real little immature seeds. Just in the one plant, so maybe you will luck out like I did.

Wuz up y'all!? :wave:

Well, my girls got ONE week to go.
I pulled the one plant that I found a few seeds in, dried it and so far I've only found a few more small seeds, guess it was just a plant thing. I didn't really dry or cure it right but shit gets me fucked up as hell! LOL!

Anyway, time for some week 7 pics!
Group shots,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now a few close ups,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well there ya have it boys and girls, 7 days and counting! :jump:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
looks nice man, hit luck on round 4 you will harvest nice. FFOF and the fox farms line produces really good nugs man. But i would recomend cutting your FFOF with something, this is what i do.

For every 1 bag of Ocean Forest i add
1 bag FF Light Warrior
Half bag FF Happy Frog
a bunch of chunky perlite about 30% of total mass
a half cup of fox farms steamed bone meal
other people add kelp and blood meal but i havent added those yet, gonna try next run perhaps.

Need an opinion, I see just a few VERY small yellow tips on just a few of my leaves. Is this a sign that there just about getting to much nutes? All they got last night was strait PHd water.
Opinions?

The FF Ocean forest by itself is known to cause nute burn sometimes, when i run FFOF straight i usually only feed once a week at 1/3 rec strengh from the fox farms feed schedule. if i try to go even 1/2 i get nute burn, at least with my OG kush. my first run with FFOF straight i barely added any nutes, i only used a few ML of tiger bloom the entire grow. still got some frosty fire

CUtting it with light warrior and the others adds a good mix of mychorizae, humus, bat guano, and the perlite helps cut it a little bit and help with drainage. FFOF straight sometimes gets really dense and packed hard..the perlite helps air it out a bit.

since i started using the mix my nugs are miuch frostier and i definately will NOT go back to using FFOF straight.

theres a bunch of good mixes check out blazeoneup and etinarcadia they got some good mixes that only need water, no added nutes. B1up doesnt even PH balance he waters straight from tap all the way through flowering!!

looks nice man, hit luck on round 4 you will harvest nice. FFOF and the fox farms line produces really good nugs man. But i would recomend cutting your FFOF with something, this is what i do.

For every 1 bag of Ocean Forest i add
1 bag FF Light Warrior
Half bag FF Happy Frog
a bunch of chunky perlite about 30% of total mass
a half cup of fox farms steamed bone meal
other people add kelp and blood meal but i havent added those yet, gonna try next run perhaps.

The FF Ocean forest by itself is known to cause nute burn sometimes, when i run FFOF straight i usually only feed once a week at 1/3 rec strengh from the fox farms feed schedule. if i try to go even 1/2 i get nute burn, at least with my OG kush. my first run with FFOF straight i barely added any nutes, i only used a few ML of tiger bloom the entire grow. still got some frosty fire

CUtting it with light warrior and the others adds a good mix of mychorizae, humus, bat guano, and the perlite helps cut it a little bit and help with drainage. FFOF straight sometimes gets really dense and packed hard..the perlite helps air it out a bit.

since i started using the mix my nugs are miuch frostier and i definately will NOT go back to using FFOF straight.

theres a bunch of good mixes check out blazeoneup and etinarcadia they got some good mixes that only need water, no added nutes. B1up doesnt even PH balance he waters straight from tap all the way through flowering!!

Thanks for checkin' my lil' grow out Yes! :tiphat:
I tried Blazeoneups' mix for my second grow, I must have screwed the soil mix up, not sure if I mixed it up enough and had other issues as well.
I didn't seem to have much issue with drainage but I may mix in some perlite for my next run. I don't think the store that I get my FoxFarm stuff at carries LightWarrior, (and I ain't gonna ask them) but do ya think I could include maybe some Bat guano or something else that would be readily available to mix into my FoxFarm soil while still using GB, BB and TB? My current girls only got full feedings for about 3 weeks, when I saw the few yellow tips I backed off and they've look good since.

Speaking of my little ladies, They've been tried, convicted and sentenced to the guillotine followed by a good old fashioned hangin!
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
Thier getting 36hrs in the dark then I'm chopping thier pretty, big old heads off!
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I can't believe I got to this point, I wanna thank all of ya for the pointers, suggestions, opinions and encouragement. I'll post up choping pics tomarrow night or Sunday.
Agian, thanks y'all! :wave:

CHOPPING DAY!!!:jump:
Well I got 8 girls hanging in the closet drying. (sounds kind of morbid don't it?) LOL!
So they got no nutes last 12-14 days, no water last 4 days, 36 hours darkness, chopped, trimmed, and hung in the dark on hangers in the grow closet with the exhaust/filter fan running for 15mins twice an hour.
Should I run my circulation fan? Not on the budz but just to move some air around in the closet? Room temp will very from 64-68degs, humidity 35-45%.
And scissor hash is the shit!

I'll post pics Sun, the camera batteries are dead, it's to damn late, I'm to damn tired, and I'm to damn high. Hehehehehehe...............
Peace.

Oh, and one more thing. Off the 8 girls I'm thinkin' I'll end up with 8-10ozs curred, mabey a little more, I hope. LOL! And about 1oz+ in small lower nugs drying on a plate, I see some Iso hash in my near future.

D

Duplicate

lol I can't believe I watched this start to finish. Looking back at the OP this is even more encouraging to me. Great job man. :D

great job farmer,you made it look so dam easy bro.. i'm watching for yeild and smoke report.i'm flowering with papaya,super skunk 21day's now. nirvana and fox farm work's for me.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Farmer S

Nice easy breeze grow K+. What I noticed most is that didn't baby them, but rather allowed to do their thing. Going with the cycle at each stage of growth and not putting undue stress by forcing an excess or deficient amount of water or food. Your temps and your humidity were kept in check.

I think a lot of people would like to hear a grow report which included the details in condensed form posted here in this thread. It could than be used to help even more fellow growers by copying it to grow reports.

Good job Farmer Stealth!!!!!

BillboOG

Wuz up everyone!
Sorry I've been out for a while with no updates.
Ended up with just shy of 9oz's. Not bad for a noob! LMAO!
I got a bunch of pics from chopping day but my POS camera won't download them! Grrrrrrrrrrr......... Oh well. It all came out good, I now got 9-10 jars full of goodness so I'm set for a good while.
I wanna thank everyone for the help, pointers, tips, guidance, encouragement and good vibes, :tiphat: thanks y'all.

Now lets see what I can do with some better genetics,
just ordered,
Big Buddha's fem G Bomb,
Green House fem Kings Kush,
and Green House fem Super Lemon Haze.
Time for round 5! :jump:

norbyhaze

if i were u i wouldn´t buy the green house beans. Try with some tom hill, has better quality, in the last times green house doesn´t work well at all

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
Wuz up everyone!
Sorry I've been out for a while with no updates.
Ended up with just shy of 9oz's. Not bad for a noob! LMAO!
I got a bunch of pics from chopping day but my POS camera won't download them! Grrrrrrrrrrr......... Oh well. It all came out good, I now got 9-10 jars full of goodness so I'm set for a good while.
I wanna thank everyone for the help, pointers, tips, guidance, encouragement and good vibes, :tiphat: thanks y'all.

Now lets see what I can do with some better genetics,
just ordered,
Big Buddha's fem G Bomb,
Green House fem Kings Kush,
and Green House fem Super Lemon Haze.
Time for round 5! :jump:

first off, congrats on the grow!! good job. I love AK-48 personally, and it does well.

second off, I would rather grow some more AK any day over those "better" genetics. Once you really dial it in, it can be a great yielder. And if you did cut 7 days after those last photos, it prob coulda used a little longer, and it would have beefed up the yield a bit too.

but still, AWESOME grow!!:dance013:

stoner 13th

just paged through the thread- Pretty well done id have to say. I didnt read every post in 7 pages, but was wondering if you had a temp/humid gage in there at all? I cant imagine life without knowing my temp/humid :) trying to keep my veg cab at 75/50 currently.

I was skeptical of how you topped them so early, but it went with the way you did the grow so that it worked out great. props there.

first off, congrats on the grow!! good job. I love AK-48 personally, and it does well.

second off, I would rather grow some more AK any day over those "better" genetics. Once you really dial it in, it can be a great yielder. And if you did cut 7 days after those last photos, it prob coulda used a little longer, and it would have beefed up the yield a bit too.

but still, AWESOME grow!!:dance013:

I guess I should have said "different" genetics, not necessarily better, just wantin' to try out a few different strains before I focus in on just one or two. What I'm wanting to do is split my closet into two 3x5 areas, add a second 600w, and run two separate grows, six plants each in five gal buckets. I just got a large 5ft tall dresser that I'm gonna try to turn into a two level grow cabinet for cloning. I'm gonna try for my own version of a perpetual grow.
As far as the AK goes, I love it, good shit no doubt, I'm happy with what I ended up with. I'll will probably run it again some time just wantin' to try something different.

just paged through the thread- Pretty well done id have to say. I didnt read every post in 7 pages, but was wondering if you had a temp/humid gage in there at all? I cant imagine life without knowing my temp/humid :) trying to keep my veg cab at 75/50 currently.

I was skeptical of how you topped them so early, but it went with the way you did the grow so that it worked out great. props there.

I do have a therm/humid gage in there, my temp averaged 65 lights out, 75-78 lights on, humidity was only around 35-45% but its winter so...
As for topping, I just thought it was time, what the hell. LMAO! But yea, it worked out for the best. I think I've read that folks top their plants relatively young, guess I could read up a little more on it though.

Latest posts

Latest posts