What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600w vs 1000w?

S

sparkjumper

Lumens are great for lighting up an underground garage but the plants cat "see" them.Having grown with 1K for so long you know where my vote goes,I just dont think your going to do better.Especially if the plants are tall

Dhude

so I have a question in this forum,
i am seeing that the concensus for tents is 600's
i am still torn between two 1k's or three 600's in a 4 x 8 tent?
probably going with the 600's but any inputis aweosm thanks

2 x 1k = easier to arrange inside tent wrt poles/hanging & vent holes(everything just lines up easier with 2 hoods, 3 is cramped and requires tight bends in ductwork), one less hood, bulb, and ballast to buy*(theoretically, see * below), deeper canopy penetration, 1k bulbs often cheaper than 600s.

3x 600 = more overlap with 3 sources and more effcient lumens/watt with 600s. 200 less watts overall. *(Can actually buy 2x600 in a single ballast from lumatek, so 3x600 needs only 2 ballasts.) More light sources give more ability to accomodate varying plant heights for diff strains or perpetual systems, especially with dimmable ballast.

DrHydro

so much good info here.. I should have created a poll.. ether way i got the info i needed from the thread as did some others probably... Thanks everyone for posting...