What's new

600W+120W Led 12/12 from seed.

Baino

hi..

I started this thread in a danish forum but would like to show the rest of the world my grow, so will do it in english so everybody can understands what im written.

I have been growing now for about a year and started up with some 200W CFL but soon chanced the light to hps and later led.

Been growing some different strains, but will after this grow, try out some african sativa strains like swazi, congo ect..
here is my closet.

about 100x120x195 cm.

Original a IKEA closet wich i have modified.

Equipment:

- 600W HPS Son-T dual spektrum
- 120W Led (Next Six Generation, build in UV)
- RVK Fan 720cm3 (modi to DIY Fan Box)
- Eco Filter, 480cm3
- TD350 fan
- Cooltube 150mm
- some controllers..

Nutes:

- Easy2Grow
- GHE
- Advanced root stimulator
- Plagron roots
- Plagron Bloom additive
- Overdrive

Strains:

- Danes Fruit Cheese (Danish Breeder)
- Danes Purple fruit (Danish Breeder)
- Jack H. x Truly Fruity (My own)
- Grapefruit fly(mosca seeds),
- Sour diesel x agent orange,
- Love (AIM9,Danish breeder also,)
- Bluestreak x Onyx

Soil/Hydro:

-Soil (using normal potting soil with a mixture of leca and cat pellets i think its called?
- Hydro, using a GHE Waterfarm and a DIY DWC system for 5 plants.

Here the plants have been in flower for a week.. there is 19 plants.

a few pictures from yesterday.

(Danes Purple Fruit, been behind from the others.)

(Overview)

(Snapshot with sunglasses)

Im still working a bit on the closet but i ran out of materials and money..

any question just ask or if you got a great tip or something please write.

ciao

Baino

pics..

pics..

toke some pics. earliere from the closet.. some plants got repottet from 5.5L to 11L.

Cheese Fruit

Jack H. x Truly Fruity

Soil mix is 3x11 Liters and the rest is in a 5.5 Liters pot.

Baino

@Willy weed: thanks..

@chubbynugs: me to.. especially if its some kind of stealthyness to it.:)

vukman

Veteran
I love the diversity you have going on in there...Seems like there is something different going on in every corner of that area..

All the best of luck and I hope the growing Gods are smiling upon you and your crop..:yes:

Baino

I love the diversity you have going on in there...Seems like there is something different going on in every corner of that area..

All the best of luck and I hope the growing Gods are smiling upon you and your crop..:yes:

thank you so much for the kind words.;):tiphat:

well.. i like to have alillte different strains to choose from when smoking.. and altso different strain for each occasion.:)

regarding the plants right now.. they havent strecthed that much during the enter of flower? should i raise the lamp or? hps is about 55-60 cm. from cannapea, and Led is bout 60-70 cm. from top.

vukman

Veteran
thank you so much for the kind words.;):tiphat:

well.. i like to have alillte different strains to choose from when smoking.. and altso different strain for each occasion.:)

regarding the plants right now.. they havent strecthed that much during the enter of flower? should i raise the lamp or? hps is about 55-60 cm. from cannapea, and Led is bout 60-70 cm. from top.

With HID lights, the way I judge distance is I bring them down to a point where I just very very slightly feel the warmth on the back on my hand when I put my hand at canopy level..Even back it up a bit if you feel warmth because they do tend to grow rather quick so you do not want to cause them any kind of stress but in this case we are talking heat stress. Another way to tell if the lights are too close if if the leaves start to curl along the edges.. That is the plant trying to conserve water/fluids.

As for the LED, that is a little more tricky due to there being very little heat at all.....Again, don't want to stress the plants but you want to get the most and best light 'penetration' that you can. Not all plants stretch the same though so if you are comparing the amount of stretch to the light... you can only do that if you are familiar with the strains...if you are not, then you have to play it by 'eye'....50-60cm might be a little too high but then again, I don't know what kind of power they are putting out and how much area you have to cover.

The plants are very good at telling you something is wrong if there is anything wrong....also, in the same token, if everything is right,,, you will know that too.

Good Luck and keep up the great work...:yes:

Baino

With HID lights, the way I judge distance is I bring them down to a point where I just very very slightly feel the warmth on the back on my hand when I put my hand at canopy level..Even back it up a bit if you feel warmth because they do tend to grow rather quick so you do not want to cause them any kind of stress but in this case we are talking heat stress. Another way to tell if the lights are too close if if the leaves start to curl along the edges.. That is the plant trying to conserve water/fluids.

As for the LED, that is a little more tricky due to there being very little heat at all.....Again, don't want to stress the plants but you want to get the most and best light 'penetration' that you can. Not all plants stretch the same though so if you are comparing the amount of stretch to the light... you can only do that if you are familiar with the strains...if you are not, then you have to play it by 'eye'....50-60cm might be a little too high but then again, I don't know what kind of power they are putting out and how much area you have to cover.

The plants are very good at telling you something is wrong if there is anything wrong....also, in the same token, if everything is right,,, you will know that too.

Good Luck and keep up the great work...:yes:

yearh.. just gotta try.:) bud production is okay, but the size of the hole plant seems small.. hm.. we'll see in a couple of weeks.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I wanted to supplement my 600 with led myself ..but I don't wanna waste light seems like the 600 drowns out the led unless u get it relatively close but the added spectrum should produce some nice buds

Baino

I wanted to supplement my 600 with led myself ..but I don't wanna waste light seems like the 600 drowns out the led unless u get it relatively close but the added spectrum should produce some nice buds

yearh i know.. but i tried the led before with about 35-40 cm. and that seems too penetrate/burn the leafs.. as i remember.:thinking:

hm.. just hoping to get an okay harvest..:)

vukman

Veteran

Don't confuse what we 'see' with our eyes to what a plant receives in the way of spectra and light wave lengths.

Even though it may seem drowned out as you put it, the wave lengths of the LED are still getting to the plant. The only way the light may be 'wasted' and I put that word in quotes is if the plant gets too much light. That issue is usually secondary to light heat issues.

Ultimately, it's up to you whether you want to run an LED with the HID. As you mentioned, it will give you some nice looking buds and depending on the ratio and spectra of the LED, the girls will get nice and frosty......:D

Baino

i can see in my current grow, that Danes Purple Fruit thats in the Water farm(directly under the Led) are making lots of grow from the buttom and up.. its not very high but bushy with lots of stems with coming flowers..

Baino

Small Update

Plants are entering week 3. of flower.. some of them are strecthing a bit and some not.

well.. havent really got that much to say.. did buy some different things today for the future growing in the closet.(airpump with 4 out takes and air stones, some netpots im gonna use for the future dwc setup im gonna build in a coulple of days, some reflective sheeting(im using this sheeting that is normally used for front window in the car, during hot summer or cold winter), tomorrow i will buy some insulation for noise reduction in the closet and some containers for making a coulpe of DIY dwc with room for about 24-30 plants. I will then move the waterfarm out into my lillte kitchen clooning room and there it will be working as a cloner system for seeds and/or clones after ive modified it into a dwc.
(will upload pictures later of my kicthen cloner room.)

Last night i also bought 5 meters of insulated ducting to kill some of the outtake air.

well.. picture time.

have a nice weeked my dear fellow growers all over the world..

Latest posts

Latest posts