What's new

6000w 14x18 sealed room with vertical bulbs

O

Oti$

I've had to add a pinch of epsoms to h&g cocos and aqua flakes in the past fixing a slight mg def. Nice room, I'll be lurking:D

O

Oti$

There is plenty of cal in h&g, you should really only should have to add mg(epsom salt)... I usually would add a teaspoon(1g?)/5gal.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Why are you even adding that poison cal-mag. I don't see no cal-mag listed in the feeding schedule you are using from their site.

Tyga

Veteran
Tagged on this one... Reminds me of my old room. 4K vert barebulb with a 24K split... Im pretty sure I used to rock 1G/gal of epsom? You don't want cal-mag.. Looking good so far though brother... First run you always gotta tweak a few things. Ide suggest getting a Co2 burner though.. Just my 2 cents.

Tyga

Veteran
Also Ide consider dropping drip clean.. Ive always heard mixed reviews and Ive never personally been a fan... Test your runoff...Not PH... But test your runoff's EC/PPM..

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Some strategically placed Gavita DE systems might be the answer to that problem. They are intended to be used horizontally, but from higher up, and designed to utilize the overlap and cross lighting that space is going for. You gotta do what you gotta do, and it sounds like you might need to pull the lamps up a little bit.

Doubling your lights would mean doubling the heat too. At 4,000 btu per 1000w light you're already maxed out. It might be an investment for another day, but a mini-split and another 6 set, probably another 50amp 240v and 30amp 240v run for the power needs... but add in some CO2 and that place would be kicking.

yah, he just needs to double the number of lights (gavita DE's only, please) , install a mini-split A/C, new electrical circuits. Why not just take wads of money and throw it the plants. Maybe build a rocket ship too?

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Also Ide consider dropping drip clean.. Ive always heard mixed reviews and Ive never personally been a fan...

That's because it's stoners growing pot. They have mixed reviews on everything. There are no mixed reviews on pekacid from the big boys in the agriculture world.:biggrin:

O

Oti$

Drip clean is one of the few additives I use and I highly recommend for anyone in coco1ml/gal. Its a good insurance policy...especially for someone new to coco. No run off, no problems. That and roots excel are the two h&g additives I still use, I ran the full line and plants looked beautiful, but I've been doing great(yield&quality)with aqua flakes, protekt, and drip clean....roots excel in veg. My 2pesos, I'll be watching it all unfold, good luck

Tyga

Veteran
Root aphids would probably be causing MORE damage.. Check your rootzone with a scope. Aphids have been known to be the source of misterious deficiencies though..

castrau5

I have a bad feeling that's where my problems are coming from. This mag def came out of no where and I'm adding cal/mag so it's gotta be those damn pest. I'll confirm it tonight when I get to my garden then I'll declare war on the lil destroyers. What's a good way to fight aphids in coco? I have only delt with then once but it was in a dwc system so I just duncted the roots in h2o2 a couple times a week and problem solved.

castrau5

I have not stopped using the cal/mag I'm still adding it till my ppm'a go up to 160 then I add my base nutes. I checked the ppm's of the final mixture and it came out to 580 so roughly 1.2ec which is pretty low for how large those ladies are. I'm feeding at 80% strength though so I'm kinda worried to bump it up to 100%.

castrau5

When I had a dwc and ran into the black root aphids I killed them by mixing water and h2o2 then dunking my root mass every third day till they were all dead. Would it affect my coco grow if I ran some h2o2 water through them then flushed with some light nute water?

RedBeardy5

I had a severe problem like this exactly a year ago and I'm pretty sure it was off gassing from a foam sealant. Everything off gasses but some materials more than other

BlueHaze

I don't know if you got your problem fix but i had same problem as you with droopy ladies.
How bad is your tap water?
I believe your biggest problem is the co2. Turn it off for a day and see what it does for you.
worst case scenario it won't harm you.
I have a room the most i can inject co2 is 600. Anything over i get all types weird leaf problem.

castrau5

I don't know if you got your problem fix but i had same problem as you with droopy ladies.
How bad is your tap water?
I believe your biggest problem is the co2. Turn it off for a day and see what it does for you.
worst case scenario it won't harm you.
I have a room the most i can inject co2 is 600. Anything over i get all types weird leaf problem.

There not droopy anymore i think that was from not letting them drain well when i watered them.

My tap water is city water that's in the 400's for ppm so i use a r/o system that fills up a 35 gallon res.

As for co2 when my 20lb tank runs out it takes me a day or 2 to get a new one and i never noticed a change in my plants for those few days.

castrau5

I see a nitrogen deffiency on some and sometimes overwatering can look like a ph problem..jus sayin.

I agree the kalashnikova's are nitrogen def so the last 2 waterings i added some nitrogen boost.

When it comes to watering the large ones need water everyday. In a 24hour period they suck up all that water and the pots get pretty light. The kalashnikova's on the other hand were just transplanted into the 3 gallons so there watered every 3 days with no runoff till roots fill the pot.

Latest posts

Latest posts