What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 Vert: Ak-47 in coco coir

labtec

If you want to multi-quote, just click the parenthesis and plus image next to quick reply on all but the last post you want to quote. On the last post you want to quote, click the quote button on the other side of the quick reply. This will bring you to the advanced section of posting. Now you will see everyones quotes, and you can comment like normal. You can even preview your post before you post it to make sure it's laid out like you wanted.

B

B. Self Reliant

basically you wrap the text you want to be a quote with quote tags. quote tags begins with QUOTE surrounded by brackets and end with /QUOTE, also surrounded by brackets. Add =name to say who it is. So feel free to just type it out instead of clicking the quote button.

Everyone please let me know if there is a better way here on icmag.com!

Thanks. . . so code is an option. While writing this reply I see what you're talking about. Rad!

If you want to multi-quote, just click the parenthesis and plus image next to quick reply on all but the last post you want to quote. On the last post you want to quote, click the quote button on the other side of the quick reply. This will bring you to the advanced section of posting. Now you will see everyones quotes, and you can comment like normal. You can even preview your post before you post it to make sure it's laid out like you wanted.

Trying it right now. . . It works! The preview function is sick too. . . Thank you!

headseed

omg I was burnt I when I replied earlier heh, didn't even see the multi quote button over there next to quick reply hehe. That is the option I was getting at.

conehead

Looks like vertical is taking off. Dam good results for a one light grow, lots of buds.
My next, next grow will be vertical.

Dudesome

Veteran
where's them pics man? :D eagered to see what's hot. Have something alike going on with 7 plants of blue widow.

you think you could have pulled this off in 3' x 3'? Its what i'm considering so i thought i'd ask. yours is just slightly bigger at 4' x 3'

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
you think you could have pulled this off in 3' x 3'? Its what i'm considering so i thought i'd ask. yours is just slightly bigger at 4' x 3'

That would be cutting it but not impossible, I've done a VSCROG with 3.2 x 3.2 and a 600w. Just make sure you have a good extractor above the bulb and a nice gentle breeze coming from your floor fan>bulb>extraction.

B

B. Self Reliant

Awesome thread and familiar setup! I'm following this one :tiphat:
Thanks. . . I hope I don't disappoint!

Looks like vertical is taking off. Dam good results for a one light grow, lots of buds.
My next, next grow will be vertical.
You won't be disappointed. Vertical is cheap to set up & very effective from what I've experienced.

where's them pics man? :D eagered to see what's hot. Have something alike going on with 7 plants of blue widow.
They'll be coming soon. . . I haven't seen them myself in in a couple days.

Yeah, but I'd stack 400's on top of each other. I'm no vertical authority, but having only 18" of space around your bulb in any given different direction 600's would be tough. I've used 250's before in a vert setup and that would be pretty small. 4" between the plants and the bulb, then about 8" of penetration. . . might be a bit small. 600's would be pretty tight.

B

B. Self Reliant

thanks, i do have a cooltube available if needed but most say to do without. If it's necessary I will have to use it

I have a cooltube too. . . I could have used it but decided not too, even during our heat wave. Other than the leaf curl the plants are doing fine. I do have a fan right below the bulb and a Phresh filter with a 6" Vortex fan right above it. My plants aren't texbook examples, but I've had worse and done alright in the end. Just my experience. Let me know if you start a thread. . .

B

B. Self Reliant

Day 47 of Flowering

Day 47 of Flowering

picture.php

Chunky, greasy flowers cover the AK's, while the Casey's Queen from House of Love is taking off along that back wall.

picture.php

It's been lean times around here lately, and for the first time in a couple years I'm about to run out of head stash. In terms of a long term solution, I've kept my LED space going, set up this vertical space, bought a 14 sq ft tent and set up a new veg area. That should prevent this situation from coming up again.

Unfortunately, in order to make it through the next few weeks, I'm going to have to get creative. This AK branch made the ultimate sacrifice!

picture.php

I hate to harvest anything early, but at the very least it was interesting to see what the bud structure is like at week 7 after trimming it up. Looks like they might take closer to 10 weeks than 9. . .

picture.php

More updates to come as things progress!

DnKNg5

MUST. GROW. VERT.

MUST. GROW. VERT.

picture.php

Chunky, greasy flowers cover the AK's, and the Casey's Queen from House of Love is taking off along that back wall.

picture.php

It's been lean times around here lately, and for the first time in a couple years I'm about to run out of head stash. In terms of a long term solution, I've kept my LED space going, set up this vertical space, bought a 14 sq ft tent and set up a new veg area. That should prevent this situation from coming up again.

Unfortunately, in order to make it through the next few weeks, I'm going to have to get creative. This AK branch made the ultimate sacrifice!

picture.php

I hate to harvest anything early, but at the very least it was interesting to see what the bud structure is like at week 7 after trimming it up. Looks like they might take closer to 10 weeks than 9. . .

picture.php

More updates to come as things progress!

Wow those are looking amazing! Have you had any problems keeping the plants off the light? Is it possible to get access to the CQ for a better picture? Just curious to see how she looks.

G

growingcrazy

I am running reflectix in a room similar to the size of yours. I used 1 1/2" foam board insulation first and then the reflectix.
picture.php

picture.php

I have a cooltube too. . . I could have used it but decided not too, even during our heat wave. Other than the leaf curl the plants are doing fine. I do have a fan right below the bulb and a Phresh filter with a 6" Vortex fan right above it. My plants aren't texbook examples, but I've had worse and done alright in the end. Just my experience. Let me know if you start a thread. . .

Thanks for your input, I still have to build the cab for it all but thats as big as I can go, already have a 600 so no changing that either. Hopefully I get to work soon and can show it off but I don't have a lot of motivation so its hard to do lol

B

B. Self Reliant

Wow those are looking amazing! Have you had any problems keeping the plants off the light? Is it possible to get access to the CQ for a better picture? Just curious to see how she looks.
No, the plants were trained well and I made a tomato cage of sorts out of bamboo plant stakes & that's worked very well. I'll get a better pic of the Casey's Dream next time around. She's just starting to get gnarly.

I am running reflectix in a room similar to the size of yours. I used 1 1/2" foam board insulation first and then the reflectix.
picture.php
Looks killer! Very clean. Next time around, assuming I go vert again, I'll stack a couple 400's instead of using a 600 & I'll be covering the walls with . . . something.

Thanks for your input, I still have to build the cab for it all but thats as big as I can go, already have a 600 so no changing that either. Hopefully I get to work soon and can show it off but I don't have a lot of motivation so its hard to do lol
Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

DnKNg5

The Eye of Sauron?

The Eye of Sauron?

I'll stack a couple 400's instead of using a 600

hmmm a you've got my mind spinning about another 400 and a tent. oh the possibilities!:D