What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 Vert: Ak-47 in coco coir

growhi

haye man good luck with your ak's lookin real good !!

iv been in a kali day dream for a few months now i need to get back to reality lol

B

B. Self Reliant

Day 38 of Flowering

Day 38 of Flowering

picture.php

Things are progressing nicely. Despite all the damage done by the heat from the bare bulb, the buds are large & dense due to the light's intensity. I think that even though the bulb damages the leaves in a very visible way, it won't hurt the quality of my end product as much as the high temps I had during the heat wave will.

picture.php

The leaves might be curled from heat stress near the top of the plant, but the buds are dense. They're also getting pretty big. That's a 12 oz Coke can in there. . .

picture.php

Here's a silhouette that shows the structure of the plants. They stretched a week longer than I though they would. It's not bad, it's just that I can't make use of the extra height this run because I only have one bulbs. As a result, the bottom buds aren't as nice as they will be next time when a 400 watt bulb is stacked underneath.

I can't stand the color cast from that wood paneling. There's not much that can be done once the image in taken so I think I'm going to paint the room flat white between runs. I'd love to be able to bounce light around in there and use the tight space to my advantage rather than have it be a limitation.

picture.php

The smell that hits you when the door is opened is incredible. My last Serious Seeds AK-47 mom wasn't this fruity smelling. I was bummed to lose her at the time, but the structure, smell, stretch, and nug size of this mom is better so I could only be bummed so long. I'm planning on a full 9 weeks which means 25 days left!

:smoke out:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
btw re: Silica it is readily available at most Hydro whore stores, I use "Silica Blast" will strengthen cellular wall structure and well read this from Wiki it might help.

Silicification in and by cells has been common in the biological world for well over a billion years. In the modern world it occurs in bacteria, single-celled organisms, plants, and animals (invertebrates and vertebrates). Prominent examples include:

Tests or frustules of Diatoms and Radiolaria.
Silica Phytoliths in the cells of many plants, including Equisetaceae, practically all grasses, and a wide range of dicotyledons.
The spicules which form the skeleton of many sponges.

Crystalline minerals formed in the physiological environment often show exceptional physical properties (e.g. strength, hardness, fracture toughness) and tend to form hierarchical structures that exhibit microstructural order over a range of scales. The minerals are crystallized from an environment that is undersaturated with respect to silicon, and under conditions of neutral pH and low temperature (0–40 °C).

Formation of the mineral may occur either within the cell wall of an organism (such as with phytoliths), or outside the cell wall, as typically happens with tests. Specific biochemical reactions exist for mineral deposition. Such reactions include those that involve lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates.

Good luck I love AK-47 want to run it in my outdoor next year!

B

B. Self Reliant

haye man good luck with your ak's lookin real good !!

iv been in a kali day dream for a few months now i need to get back to reality lol

I need to get some Kali Mist beans & some S.A.G.E. beans. Both of those are killer strains that I should have a mom of. . . I'm jealous my friend! After my House of Love selection process is over I'll give it a shot!

B

B. Self Reliant

Good luck I love AK-47 want to run it in my outdoor next year!

I thought about running a couple as part of this year's OD run, but it would need about 10 more days than I can reliably give her at my latitude. Last year I could have swung an Oct 7 harvest no problem, the year before I had frost in mid-September & it would have been impossible. I have some good OD genetics this year in the form of Maroc & LA Confidential, but I envy you if you have a season that's long enough to finish hybrids like AK. Outdoor AK is the real deal. . .

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I can't stand the color cast from that wood paneling. There's not much that can be done once the image in taken so I think I'm going to paint the room flat white between runs. I'd love to be able to bounce light around in there and use the tight space to my advantage rather than have it be a limitation.

I accidentally double posted, so I figure I'll fill this one up with a suggestion.

Flat white paint will cost you about ~$30 a gallon and may absorb moisture and potentially promote mildew/mold/wood rot if it does so.

You can get a roll of reflectix at home depot for about ~$40 that will cover your entire space (and probably some extra) and it will also help with the heat.

Last edited:
B

B. Self Reliant

Flat white paint will cost you about ~$30 a gallon and may absorb moisture and potentially promote mildew/mold/wood rot if it does so.

You can get a roll of reflectix at home depot for about ~$40 that will cover your entire space (and probably some extra) and it will also help with the heat.

Now there's a suggestion.. . I steered clear of panda plastic because I didn't want to tape up a bunch of plastic in an unfinished basement only to have creepy crawly things get between the plastic & the wall. Paint is expensive which is why it was left untouched.

Is Reflectix stiff enough to hang up, then take down between harvests to clean behind it?

I plan on flowering for about 9 weeks. I've never flowered this mom before, but the last mom I got out of the same pack of seeds went about 65-70 days & AK breeds pretty true so the plants don't vary all that much.

headseed

Is Reflectix stiff enough to hang up, then take down between harvests to clean behind it?
Yes, in my experience it is fairly robust! Like about as strong as a good quality anti-static bubble padded motherboard bag or mailer but with more metallic goodness and even has a staple edge I think. :joint:

B

B. Self Reliant

Yes, in my experience it is fairly robust! Like about as strong as a good quality anti-static bubble padded motherboard bag or mailer but with more metallic goodness and even has a staple edge I think. :joint:

Sounds like that's my answer. Thanks!

B

B. Self Reliant

Sounds like that's my answer. Thanks!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran

Well, put it this way... I have a leftover piece that is about 2ft wide and 4ft tall and it is just leaning casually against a wall in my basement. It's very similar to that stuff that they sell for car-windshields with pictures on one side and a reflective side... without all the creases that make it easy to fold up in your car.

I plan on flowering for about 9 weeks. I've never flowered this mom before, but the last mom I got out of the same pack of seeds went about 65-70 days & AK breeds pretty true so the plants don't vary all that much.

I generally go 65-67 days with mine, I was just curious if you had a different experience. Sounds like we're in agreement here.

oxnard_confi

Plants look sick. Making that 600w work for you. Have you considered putting a vertical mover on your light? A band-aid of sorts until you stack a 400w under the 600w. It would give you another 24" of space. And a paint job would probably not only help your overall yield, it would convince me that the pics weren't taken in 1971. Looking forward to sampling the product bro.

B

B. Self Reliant

Anti - That's what I was wondering. . . will it be freestanding like 4x8 sheets of insulation foam or super tuff-r would be. That's good to know because floppy stuff won't work here.

I'm glad your AK experiences are similar to mine. After years of growing without one, a generous friend just hooked me up with a 420 scope, so this will be my first harvest using the resin glands as a guide. I figured I was pretty close but a second opinion is always good!

B

B. Self Reliant

Plants look sick. Making that 600w work for you. Have you considered putting a vertical mover on your light? A band-aid of sorts until you stack a 400w under the 600w. It would give you another 24" of space.

I was thinking about a mover, but with a 6" vortex fan, a 30" Phresh filter & the lamp all hanging from the ceiling, it would be near impossible to hang a mover in there. Plus I don't think I'm going to grow this space with HPS much longer. Maybe a harvest or two more, but the resources generated should be sufficient to equip the space with LED lights, which is my ultimate goal. If I can net a full elbow the way it is now just once or twice I should be set for the long run, but without excessive heat, noise or electricity usage . . . .

B

B. Self Reliant

If someone could explain to me how to quote multiple people in my posts, it would make my life a lot easier. . . . .

headseed

Anti - That's what I was wondering. . . will it be freestanding like 4x8 sheets of insulation foam or super tuff-r would be. That's good to know because floppy stuff won't work here.

I'm glad your AK experiences are similar to mine. After years of growing without one, a generous friend just hooked me up with a 420 scope, so this will be my first harvest using the resin glands as a guide. I figured I was pretty close but a second opinion is always good!
its floppy but staples or duct tape will take care of securing it, its feather light.

good times getting a scope, you will like being able to see whats really going on!

headseed

If someone could explain to me how to quote multiple people in my posts, it would make my life a lot easier. . . . .

copy the text you want to quote (icmag has the thread text below the reply window if you go advanced)

position cursor in text box where you want the quote to be. paste the text and select it then click the quote icon (its far right above, next to the youtube icon). If you want the message to say who you are quoting type "=headseed" without the quotes and where headseed is replaced by whomever you are quoting.

basically you wrap the text you want to be a quote with quote tags. quote tags begins with QUOTE surrounded by brackets and end with /QUOTE, also surrounded by brackets. Add =name to say who it is. So feel free to just type it out instead of clicking the quote button.

I don't think icmag.com runs the multi-quote option which makes it even easier, you tag posts you want to quote in your reply by clicking the multi-quote button then reply and it does all the work for you heh.

Everyone please let me know if there is a better way here on icmag.com!

Latest posts

Latest posts