What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

eric2028

Veteran
Hope everyone’s having a good weekend. Quick update. We’re 5 weeks in bloom the other day. Had a couple issues with new ballast doa. I’ve been dealing with Afew annoying issues with that. 2nd bloom is complete and in. Got some overvegged plants in the mix due to low plant counts initially. Also started next veg and clones. Airflow was not good enough with the new fans, so I got rid of them.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
What an amazing buildout and grow. It looks like your expenses will be paid off quickly by how big those plants are. Keep up the good work

-Funk

eric2028

Veteran
What an amazing buildout and grow. It looks like your expenses will be paid off quickly by how big those plants are. Keep up the good work

-Funk

Thank you!

Day 41 in bloom for room one. GG4 is filling out nicely. Starting another defoliation today. Most large fans are plucked again. Going to be starting to lower temps and humidity over the next few weeks. Completed irrigation system for bloom 2. Irrigation post to follow.
picture.php

picture.php

eric2028

Veteran
irrigation

irrigation

my irrigation system is nearly complete. bloom A has 9 octabubblers feeding 36 plants. output is pretty uneven and I'm not happy about it.bloom B has (3) 3.2 gph netafim pressure compensating drippers per plant. output is 100% even throughout the room and octabubblers will be replaced!!!some details about the system. I'm using a 1/2 hp leader pump with a galcon irrigation 6 zone timer. i have a rez for each bloom room and soon to be one for veg. i built a 3 zone manifold before and after the pump. i run 2 zones at once on the timer, that correspond to the rez i want and also the room being watered.that way one pump runs the whole thing. I'm using motorized ball valves for the zones between the rezs and pump. plain old rainbirds after the pump.its working fantastic!!!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you score your stems when taking clones? Fuckin root set is wow. I use hormex too and it is an amazing product, but I don't get that insane of roots.

eric2028

Veteran
Do you score your stems when taking clones? Fuckin root set is wow. I use hormex too and it is an amazing product, but I don't get that insane of roots.
Thanks for stopping in. I only make your standard 45 degree cut to take it off. Nothing else. The clones split themselves while making their roots. The addition of hormex was a game changer for me. Here’s
Day 10 or 11.
picture.php

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for answer. The only thing I can chalk the difference up to would be my water is city and not ro and I make my own chlorine solution instead of paying 98734509273405872309% mark up to ez clone stuff. I am pretty sure it is RO water. I will try this next run in a control experiment.

So the two differences in results between me and you are you get roots quicker and more densely packed.

Hormex was a game changer for me too. Even in bad slime causing water I got roots on shit.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So how much hormex per gallon and when do you change water and stop the hormex?

I tried adding it once and had a complete failure that run.

eric2028

Veteran
Thanks a lot for answer. The only thing I can chalk the difference up to would be my water is city and not ro and I make my own chlorine solution instead of paying 98734509273405872309% mark up to ez clone stuff. I am pretty sure it is RO water. I will try this next run in a control experiment.

So the two differences in results between me and you are you get roots quicker and more densely packed.

Hormex was a game changer for me too. Even in bad slime causing water I got roots on shit.
Yeah I hate paying that markup too. At 6 ml/gallon tho it’s not breaking the bank. I Do love my jacks! I feel like it’s too good to be true everytime I mix a 250 gallon Rez for like $.49!! Lemme know how your comparison goes fo sho.

My exact recipe:
Clonex solution 10mls/gallon
Hormex 3-4 mls/ gallon
Clear Rez 6 mls/ gallon
Change on day 7 or 8 to
Clonex 15 ml/ gallon
Clear Rez 6 ml/ gallon
Drop the hormex
I use ro water. My ph comes out at 5.9. Water Temps between 72-75.

Day 49 pics. Everything filled out nicely except gmo didn’t perform the way I like. Buds seem alittle behind. We ll get em next time tho.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I just follow the bottle and after 5-7 days I refresh water but do not add the hormex just like OP. This is obviously due to cost and I don't see a reason to keep it in the mix when you have nice roots already starting to bump out on day 7 for some strains. I let one cloner go 20 days without changing water last time. It worked but I would not recommend it. Better safe than sorry imo.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
its like BOOOM! YOUR GROW IS AWESOME!

today i looked at my re vedge cuts and saw an flying bug...

i did id the bug... its an Mediterranean fruit fly.

Medfinders medfly.. say a prayer that my grow would even 1/10th look as good as yours..

picture.php

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, I got roots like yours in another test cloner...

2 things were different.

1: I got rid of the on/off cycle timer. (The first test cloner was doing 10 on 5 off)

2. On the second water change (Day8) I added Flying Skull's Z7 Enzymes part A and B. (If I had had this the first day it would have gone in)

Now to figure out which one was the big difference...My roots look crazy as yours do on day 13. All clones were successful of 30. On first test cloner 2 of every 5 clones had roots worth planting on day 20.

Something made a huge difference...

Did the enzymes clean up my possibly slime contaminated water?

Or does the on off cycle and stagnate water for 5 minutes every ten really cause my slimy brown mushy stems?

I was very on the edge about whether to buy any flying skull products. The name totally put me off as it just seemed like another hydro BS marketing additives you don't fuckin need. A very long time member recommended this awhile ago and it was someone who doesn't bullshit and I have never known to be a shill. He also stated I don't bullshit when recommending it...I took his word. Maybe it really does make a difference. He said he had bad city water and ever since using the stuff his cloning went to 100%.

After reading a lot of Flying Skulls products I am leaning it is not at all a BS company. I am impressed to be honest especially with the nukem insect killer line... I also think the cycle timer though was the main problem...

This is a huge relief. I am a veteran when it comes to growing and I had perfect plants and clones before moving states again for years. This is my second time in my ten years of real growing running into issues after moving that appear to be water source related. I now have confidence in my cloning again 100%.

PS: It is not this guys turbokloner giving him good roots. Total waste of money. It is the hormex and good water. I built like 6 35 site cloners not long ago for testing purposes since I was switching after a very long hiatus back to CoCo and aeroponic cloning. All cloners cost me 60$~ You need to clamp the corners for first run so it doesn't leak. After a little while they will quit leaking at all with no clamps on. The first one I tried using window sealer taper and the type you use for cars to keep water out. IT CAUSES MOLD and Fungus. Do not use that shit. It will get a fungus and kill your shit I am quite positive. I could feel the the slime and see the fungus whitish stuff growing on my first trial.

This is what I built and the exact video I used. DO NOT USE THE RECOMMENDED 1" pipe. Dip shit is clearly using 3/4 or half inch...yet he says use 1". I used 3/4 but questioned whether half is better. I also add few more aeroponic spray heads he doesn't have enough and the clones that only get a little water spray will be slower as I noticed this firsthand.

Do not bother making the lids black. It doesn't fuckin matter. If you really need to don't paint it use a alcohol based stain solid black color. It will dry in seconds and be ready for use with no chance of off gassing or peeling and cracking. I did not bother doing this it was just a back up in case I ran out of reasons my cloning was failing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z27lzS1l9_8