What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

mrcoco

hi Eric2028 great thread... enjoyed reading... can you please draw the line between your hps grow and now Led grow... pros and cons.... thanks

Dewave

Fungus gnats

Fungus gnats

OG Biowar foliar pack mixed with WP once a week for 2 weeks got rid of fungus gnats. 3rd grow applied in veg and still absent of fungus gnats. Hope it helps and happy new year.

eric2028

Veteran
Hi, hope everyone’s good. Welp gotta say Going all LEDS is in my future. Using my exact same method they outperformed my de 600’s. Per fixture the LEDS did 58.2% more. Per plant they did 61.5% more. Keep in mind I had these fixtures at 80% intensity most of the bloom cycle. Last but not least quality was very similar, maybe just a slight improvement and alittle different smell. Pics to follow...

eric2028

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gsxr97

Veteran
Amazing! About to order 2 more LEDs, Meijus .

Are you still using same Jacks recipe? Any new additives or changes ?

Those plants love the leds!

madalasatori

Veteran
Do you top or train your wedding cake? I can get mine to grow healthy buds but not big buds, I usually train/top then though

eric2028

Veteran
Amazing! About to order 2 more LEDs, Meijus .

Are you still using same Jacks recipe? Any new additives or changes ?
Yes still rocking the same exact recipe. Nothing new.

Those plants love the leds!

Yes indeed amazing ... Eric you are a pro:bow:
Thanks buddy!!

Do you top or train your wedding cake? I can get mine to grow healthy buds but not big buds, I usually train/top then though
I top,pinch and train the hell outta everything up till week 3 of flower.
Wow those numbers are insane. Do you notice the LED plants finishing any faster?
I personally run everything to 9 weeks regardless. I have a friend that mentioned he thought they finished alittle quicker though. Lots more LED fixtures are in my near future.

eric2028

Veteran
How has the learning curve been with LEDs? Have you been using an apogee?
Hi, yes I use an apogee. Done absolutely fantastic with LEDs. With that being said my bloom rooms are still 2/3’s hps lights. I’m about to be 100% LEd soon and will not have any mixed spectrums from hid to help out. So that will be the true test. I’m a LED grower now...

Legalcdn

Back in post #191 (2019), the leaves looked burnt. I had the same issue. After capturing runoff with jacks (3gr,2.5gr), my ppm was through the roof (2220ppm) . I was late to setup autowatering and had dryback. The salts built up. Just an observation that might help.

Great setup Eric. Your work is a good benchmark.

eric2028

Veteran
Back in post #191 (2019), the leaves looked burnt. I had the same issue. After capturing runoff with jacks (3gr,2.5gr), my ppm was through the roof (2220ppm) . I was late to setup autowatering and had dryback. The salts built up. Just an observation that might help.

Great setup Eric. Your work is a good benchmark.
hi,
thanks for stopping in. I discovered that leaf damage was due to light intensity. Too much too fast. There is a fine line in veg especially with hid lights. Not enough light and your plants grow too lanky and like to fall all over. Too much and you see damage, but grow more compact plants. I have since found the sweet spot. Just in time to switch all my lights to LED lol. I don’t really see much as far as salt buildup issues. Yes it’s there and I do see some tip burn in late flower. Just not enough to really worry about. I also flush a lot just out of habit usually during Rez changes. Peace

Legalcdn

Do you find a correlation between jacks and light intensity? Too much of one throws off the other?

How many hours do you use the DE's before changing the bulbs?

hi,
thanks for stopping in. I discovered that leaf damage was due to light intensity. Too much too fast. There is a fine line in veg especially with hid lights. Not enough light and your plants grow too lanky and like to fall all over. Too much and you see damage, but grow more compact plants. I have since found the sweet spot. Just in time to switch all my lights to LED lol. I don’t really see much as far as salt buildup issues. Yes it’s there and I do see some tip burn in late flower. Just not enough to really worry about. I also flush a lot just out of habit usually during Rez changes. Peace

This is an excellent thread.

Would love to know what lights did you end up settling on, what foot print you gave them, and what the ppfd comes to when you have multiple multiple units hanging like that. Also if your dehumidifiers got behind. Also if your nutrient profiles held up or if you had to make any adjustments.

You are very skilled. I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Thank your for documenting it.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hi, yes I use an apogee. Done absolutely fantastic with LEDs. With that being said my bloom rooms are still 2/3’s hps lights. I’m about to be 100% LEd soon and will not have any mixed spectrums from hid to help out. So that will be the true test. I’m a LED grower now...

glad to hear that, buddy. LED tech improved a lot in recent years. :headbange

indocult

Shameless bump because this thread should be stickied like DJM coco trees! And also because I certainly missed this thread entirely somehow!

Good shit, Eric!
If you happen to see this (or anyone rockingLED in a room and not a tent), how far from the LED are you cutting out lower branches ? Like what is considered worth keeping and what is considered future larf and removed?

Latest posts

Latest posts