What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

theother

Also should add this, cocnutz convinced me to up my temp a bit, took me awhile to actually do it, but holy shit! It made a difference. Definitely more aggressive. If you normally run a cooler room you should definitely consider upping the temp. I couldn't put an exact number on it, but just run it slightly hotter than you would normally i raised mine just a couple of degrees, got the lamp higher to compensate and I am supremely impressed.

My impression so far is 6/9 silica/sm90 is so simple there is nothing to really fuck with there. It's so simple it's almost not worth talking about, stuff just works. Because it's so simple and cheap, you can put a bit more time and money into your environment. IMHO the best thing you could do to a 6/9 garden is get the environment perfect. So much more important than a bunch of boosters.

HHULKK

Thanks for all your guys' input so far. I've switched to coco for about a year but have been in the dark using soil methods I've adapted over from promix. Feed water water etc. Having joined the forum and with some research I realized I was using coco all wrong. Discovering the h3ad formula and simplifying things I'd like to maximize the true hydroponic nature of growing in coco. I've learned so much so far!

theother

Thanks for all your guys' input so far. I've switched to coco for about a year but have been in the dark using soil methods I've adapted over from promix. Feed water water etc. Having joined the forum and with some research I realized I was using coco all wrong. Discovering the h3ad formula and simplifying things I'd like to maximize the true hydroponic nature of growing in coco. I've learned so much so far!

Good luck bro! You won't be sorry you tried the 6/9 with the coconutz twists, it's a simple intuitive combination that gets results.

HHULKK

Good luck bro! You won't be sorry you tried the 6/9 with the coconutz twists, it's a simple intuitive combination that gets results.
Hey thanks! So far so good with the switchover in my veg and one flowering room about 3 weeks in. I bought the sm90 the other day but haven't had a chance to mix it in a batch of nutes yet. Funny thing though, I knew the sm was a wetting agent but didn't realize the apparent need for it til I was watering today and noticed the water bouncing off the surface of the coco now that roots have netted up nicely. I'm sure the sm will alleviate this ;)
I still haven't grabbed some protekt but I was curious of how much does the dosage really bump the K? And does it actually make an improvement in the head ratio?

Coconutz

Veteran
Hey thanks! So far so good with the switchover in my veg and one flowering room about 3 weeks in. I bought the sm90 the other day but haven't had a chance to mix it in a batch of nutes yet. Funny thing though, I knew the sm was a wetting agent but didn't realize the apparent need for it til I was watering today and noticed the water bouncing off the surface of the coco now that roots have netted up nicely. I'm sure the sm will alleviate this ;)
I still haven't grabbed some protekt but I was curious of how much does the dosage really bump the K? And does it actually make an improvement in the head ratio?

Use it at 1ml and forget about it. It works!
Its also an awesome spray additive
Not exactly..........Protek is made using 3% potassium silicate and 7.8% silicon.

One ml per gallon of Protek yields 8ppm of Potassium and 21ppm of Silicon.

I tried finding a paper that was on the dynagro site about silica. The researcher basically found that adding it in tiny amounts throughout the entire crop was just as effective as adding it at the recommended dose.

HHULKK

Use it at 1ml and forget about it. It works!
Its also an awesome spray additive

I tried finding a paper that was on the dynagro site about silica. The researcher found that adding it in tiny amounts throughout the entire crop was just as effective as adding it at the recommended dose.
So is it 2ml/gal sm and 1ml/gal protekt?

theother

The spreader aspect of the sm is very nice. The surfactant aspect also causes increased uptake presumably from less surface tension more actuall contact with the root. I consistently see increased uptake from it, better than many fulvic additives I have used.
The silica IMHO is mostly about the increased resistance to stress and the overall health and vigor it creates, it is one of the only additives I have seen consistently produce positive riots with no real downside. At 1ml per in ro it also causes a perfect 5.8 every time which I really enjoy. I don't think it moves the needle much on the ratios at 1ml per. Haven't really played with the canna stats calculator since making the switch.

Coconutz

Veteran
You could go even lower on the protek if you wanted and anywhere from 1-5ml on sm90 should be kosher
sm90 has no npk value. I just use it to keep the room from smelling like runoff funk and its a ph up

HHULKK

I'll start using the sm90 on my next res and probably grab and add some protekt to the mix as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

HHULKK

Hi,
Have you ever had to bump up the the concentration of 6/9 for any of your heavy feeding strains or more demanding rooms(sealed,AC co2, high wattage)? I think you had mentioned that you grow in a sealed perfect environment.

Coconutz

Veteran
No, actually most people dilute it a little.
When I bump up to more than 2 feeds per day 6/9 is too strong

Hydropimp

Veteran
Coco a few ?

What is the ph of your tap and ec

And do you leave the clone dome on all the time?

I hope my wifi turns out like yours I have two girls
But never flowered them. Also have 9 other strains that
Have been sexed too.

Coconutz

Veteran
The ph & ec of all tap fluctuates so much its not worth monitoring when using RO.
Ive seen mine anywhere from .8-1.5 or something. It all depends on the time of year and whatnot.
The PH is so unstable its not even funny. I wouldnt worry too much about that either if youre using RO.
This is my 3rd pack of wifi and I still have another left to pop.
There are a few clones of wifi that I havent even ran yet.
It seems like every pack always has something better than the last!
Good luck with those. I hope you find a winner!
The dome is always on and left open.

Sleeper7784

This thread has really took off. Good job helping everyone out bro. I'm lurkin out your spot.

Keep up the great job buddy.

6/9er fo lifer homie!

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
:tiphat:im transitioning in my veg to this recipe. i have a couple strains that had been showing calmag deficiencies in my current grow. so im hitting thr bpb"s call mag just to ward it off this round. eventually going all the way through the round after this in coco. possibly this recipe too as it sounds like folks are rockin this and its working well. simplicity is my fast track to the learning curve without variables of mysterious origins from the nuts. just making sure i got solid training wheels befoere i do anything too drastic to my whole setup. starting with one section first on timed pumped drippers. then if all goes well im going all the way for a round. thanks so much for sharing your recipes and trials etc. this and other other kind folks threads has been immensely helpful with my reinventing the wheel anxiety. ill be posting result as i get into it.

Hydropimp

Veteran
coco I was refferring to the ec of your tap water that
You use to clone

Warm tap and the dome on always and open correct?

Do you use a diluted 6/9 or just tap.

Coconutz

Veteran
Ive never checked...
I only give them tap water once or twice when they dont even have roots yet.
The cups should stay moist for most of the week when they are trying to root.
The vents can be closed most of the way if they start to dry too fast, but at least leave a small gap for them to breath.
With the heating pad, or on warm days, the stems could rot right away with all the moisture of the coco in there.
That reminds me... Dont let a puddle form on the bottom of the tray. Let them drip drain before putting them in there.
My cloning tray is inside of a 4x4 tray that is laying on a 1" piece of insulation foam.

Coconutz

Veteran
My Tahoe ladies be at the maximum height for the room already, dawg!
I dont have a scrog and just let them do what they do...
The Larry is much shorter and more stout than the Tahoes.
I pulled out 2 Larrys because they had balls, but then I noticed the Tahoes had a few sacks at the node and just yanked them. A few that I didnt yank formed flowers at the node...
Crazy shit homie. Ive had balls form on seed plants, but Ive never seen that shit. Ive always pulled them in time. Doesnt look like they had any pollen since they turned into bud...
Still have clones from them all except for one floppy Tahoe that I dont want. Im looking to improve the structure and vigor of my Tahoe.
I should snap a pic of her. Shes just budding now

Latest posts

Latest posts