What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

Coconutz

Veteran
Not sure if you have mentioned but what size pots are you flowering in? How many plants/light? Thank you!

I have a mess of experiments going on here at the moment...
The 600's Im doing 6 per in 2gal smarties. Seems to be the magic ticket there...
There are 2 Gavita 1Ks in there with some bubbas that need a bit of veg time so I put them in 3gals... I was using 5, but I think the 3 are a bit more efficient. I can get them in there 9per 1K.
I like to remove all the pinner branches from everything
My Ogs get so fucking tall that I have to cut the shit out of them in veg or just flower them after 1-2weeks. I put them in 2gal smarties. 3 is too much...
The seedlings tend to have massive root systems so 3gals is probably best for them if you are hand watering, otherwise they dry out super fast in flower
They need to veg a bit because I keep them those cups too long, under floros and dont give them strong nutes.

Hydropimp

Veteran
thanks coco as soon as my inspection
Is done I will clone and start on the 6/9

Stupid home inspection fucking landlord

HHULKK

I have a mess of experiments going on here at the moment...
The 600's Im doing 6 per in 2gal smarties. Seems to be the magic ticket there...
There are 2 Gavita 1Ks in there with some bubbas that need a bit of veg time so I put them in 3gals... I was using 5, but I think the 3 are a bit more efficient. I can get them in there 9per 1K.
I like to remove all the pinner branches from everything
My Ogs get so fucking tall that I have to cut the shit out of them in veg or just flower them after 1-2weeks. I put them in 2gal smarties. 3 is too much...
The seedlings tend to have massive root systems so 3gals is probably best for them, otherwise they dry out super fast in flower
They need to veg a bit because I keep them those cups too long, under floros and dont give them strong nutes.

Are you watering these more than once a day in flower? Thanks!

Coconutz

Veteran
You dont want to let the coco dry. You want to be watering atleast 2-3 times during the swell.
Ive been neglecting my veg tent. Too many plants in there! They get watered when Im not too tired.
The lights are off during the day in both rooms so I have to do everything at night.

Coconutz

Veteran
depends on veg time and strain.
you want your plants asking for multiple waterings by the end of stretch.
see my previous answer for the variables involved in the decision

theother

Heres another new wifi. She sure stretches! I already got rid of her clones. No doubt shes OG!
View Image
Heres that sticky icky icky wifi!
View Image
Its so much better when you dont have to use #s and you can just call a pheno something like - MASSIVE WIFI!
View Image
View Image
OG!
View Image
Dont ask why there are two stakes right there... I dont know... I just noticed it after admiring the pic for a while...

Damn bro, looking amazing!

Coconutz

Veteran
Heres another new wifi. She sure stretches! I already got rid of her clones. No doubt shes OG!
View Image
Heres that sticky icky icky wifi!
View Image
Its so much better when you dont have to use #s and you can just call a pheno something like - MASSIVE WIFI!

View Image
OG!
View Image
Dont ask why there are two stakes right there... I dont know... I just noticed it after admiring the pic for a while...
Damn bro, looking amazing!

small+hands.jpg

ic

ic

ic

theother

depends on veg time and strain.
you want your plants asking for multiple waterings by the end of stretch.
see my previous answer for the variables involved in the decision

Fwiw I have had good luck with 2'. I have done them small big and in between. The monsters need a lot of feeds, the smaller ones still end up needing 2x feeds by mid flower. The only thing I change between big and small is I will fill them all the way up for monsters. I leave probably .5 gallons out when I can. If your gonna hand water that extra lip is bad ass because you can give them a bigger drink at once. Hand watering some monsters right now filled almost to the rim and I have to sort of sip them several times before they are good.

Hydropimp

Veteran
What happens to the plant when the coco drys
Anyone have a pic?

@coco under floros how much 6/9 e.c do you feed

Coconutz

Veteran
its about 1.2
some of those plants in the pic get some of the seedling mix from time to time and start to fade right away...
the ec/ph spikes when the coco drys.
keep the roots lubed
can look like anything from under/overwatering to nute/ph burn. light colored stretchy plants with purple stalks and misshaped leaves and stuff like that

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
green light.

green light.

You dont want to let the coco dry. You want to be watering atleast 2-3 times during the swell.
Ive been neglecting my veg tent. Too many plants in there! They get watered when Im not too tired.
The lights are off during the day in both rooms so I have to do everything at night.
a simple green light t5 improved the qusality of my life as well as my plants. totally no difference in growth to turn on during dark cycle. i even left it on for a week once on accident and never noticed. no ill effect.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fwiw I have had good luck with 2'. I have done them small big and in between. The monsters need a lot of feeds, the smaller ones still end up needing 2x feeds by mid flower. The only thing I change between big and small is I will fill them all the way up for monsters. I leave probably .5 gallons out when I can. If your gonna hand water that extra lip is bad ass because you can give them a bigger drink at once. Hand watering some monsters right now filled almost to the rim and I have to sort of sip them several times before they are good.

I fucking hate those containers that you tried ot squeeze as much medium as possible - but some how some laways is floating at the top and then u don't want to waste feed dripping onto the tray opposed into the root zone

grower problems :smoke out:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
a simple green light t5 improved the qusality of my life as well as my plants. totally no difference in growth to turn on during dark cycle. i even left it on for a week once on accident and never noticed. no ill effect.

good looks - i need that shit too! I run lights at night

sup gents :joint:

theother

Coco and theother, are you guys hand watering or drip irrigating? Thanks.

Both, I would definitely advise hand watering for awhile to get the feel for what the girls want. That was one of the main mistakes I made coming to coco, I put them on drip immediately. Multi feeds is the goal, but they do have to want it. It's amazing how different strains have different drinking habits.

Drying out is definitely the enemy way more than overwatering. I can look at a group and tell which have dried out a couple times even if they are currently wet. Just sort of has a look to it. Fwiw, when a good watering schedule returns they perk right up.

Latest posts

Latest posts