What's new

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

theother

Dang my 6/9 never reads above 1.2 ec. The batch I mixed today read 1.1ec. My well water is .2 ec. I also add 1.5ml agsil and 1ml peKacid. I test my bluelab with 1000ppm calibration solution so I know that is accurate.
Your additives are gonna have a slightly different ec than the corresponding silica and drip clean. Are you supposed to run pekacid at 1 ml?
Yes, I think it wasn't accumulating because I was getting at least 20-25% runoff hand watering once a day. I even remember in head's thread he said he was getting very little runoff, a trickle if anything. So yes, it was causing me to chase a higher ec overall. It make sense to me. I also hated emptying all the runoff everyday after I water since my tray sits very low so the amount of runoff I could keep around is about 2-3 gallons per 4x8 tray.
Ya I think I agree, I hand watered coco with light runoff with drip clean and liked it. The next one I did even less runoff and no drip clean and that was too little, salt buildup, not bad, but it was there.

Do you have a thread for your grow? can't remember if I had only seen it here.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Maybe the water amount you work with is a little more than the volume you're mixing for? I run ro and mix small batches in 5 gallon HD buckets and just 6/9 alone nets me about 1.4 ec.

No, I mix in 5 gal buckets that are marked exactly at the 5 gal level. I check ec and ph of every bucket I make and dump them in a 18 gal tote for the blumats when needed. 30ml micro/ 45ml bloom gives 1.1-1.2ec.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Are you supposed to run pekacid at 1 ml?

I mixed it in distilled water so 1ml of the mix is equivalent to 1ml of dripclean. If you are growing with no runoff then 1ml/gal is the dose. If you have runoff than no dripclean/peKacid is needed at all despite the company pimping their .4ml/gal dose. Waay too many people growing successfully in coco without it if they have runoff.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
how do you measure your nutes? by volume or weight?

Volume, I just checked them by filling with a 5ml medicine dropper and they are accurate. Only other possibility is the micro is about 5 years old. I'll crack open some new jugs later this week and see but there is no precipitate in the old stuff.:biggrin:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Volume, I just checked them by filling with a 5ml medicine dropper and they are accurate. Only other possibility is the micro is about 5 years old. I'll crack open some new jugs later this week and see but there is no precipitate in the old stuff.:biggrin:
brain fart i was thinking about maxibloom.sorry.

theother

I haven't made any grow journals yet. I just posted a couple pics of some bubba a couple pages back

Those bubba pics at 35 where worth taking, good for you. Glad 6/9's working so well. I'm assuming you have a dialed environment? Whenever there is a garden that's working, I get interested.

HHULKK

Those bubba pics at 35 where worth taking, good for you. Glad 6/9's working so well. I'm assuming you have a dialed environment? Whenever there is a garden that's working, I get interested.
Sealed room, co2 and a/c. I was thinking since my room was dialed it would demand more, but it it seems not THAT much more. It all has to do with my runoff management. 6/9 has worked out perfect for me so far on this bubba grow. I have to give credit to the smart pots as well. This is my first run with them and man are they a game changer! I have water bottle size tight frosty colas. If I had an irrigation system set up for it, it would have probably benefitted more with multiple waterings.

GonjaLove

Sealed room, co2 and a/c. I was thinking since my room was dialed it would demand more, but it it seems not THAT much more. It all has to do with my runoff management. 6/9 has worked out perfect for me so far on this bubba grow. I have to give credit to the smart pots as well. This is my first run with them and man are they a game changer! I have water bottle size tight frosty colas. If I had an irrigation system set up for it, it would have probably benefitted more with multiple waterings.

Do u monitor your co2 levels? Do you ever exhaust the room? What temp do u keep the room?

HHULKK

Do u monitor your co2 levels? Do you ever exhaust the room? What temp do u keep the room?

Co2 is set at 1500ppm via controller hooked to a co2 burner. The thermostat is usually set at 75 in flower and 77 for veg/early bloom. Humidity is usually set at 50%.

I don't have an exhaust installed, the room is pretty dialed.

HHULKK

you really don't need 1500ppm hulk

I kind of realized that. The Titan co2 control I use in my veg room is pre-set @ 1500ppm and unfortunately there is no way I can change that so I just followed suit in my flower room. The cap fuzzy logic I have in my flower CAN be adjusted. What do you recommend for flowering? And if I could change the veg, what would u recommend for that? Thanks

theother

Good work man, they look fine to me. IMO that cut is easy to get to callyx out and swell, its hard to stack that early growth like you have. good work.

Should try to keep the room at around 85 when using co2...especially at 1500ppm...its virtually useless at lower temps
Looks like its benefiting him to me.
Well thats definitely not true, it looks like it might be working for him at least a little bit :)

GonjaLove

Good work man, they look fine to me. IMO that cut is easy to get to callyx out and swell, its hard to stack that early growth like you have. good work.

Looks like its benefiting him to me.
Well thats definitely not true, it looks like it might be working for him at least a little bit :)

Lol yah they def look amazing...think what they'd look like at the right temp :)

watts

ohms
Veteran
75-79F. CO2 controller on @ 900 and off at 1100, lower to 400 the last 2 weeks of bloom. Compare it to the way you do it now and see what you like best.

theother

It seems to me it's hard to talk temp without talking about how you are measuring it. I keep a thermometer probe in the middle of the room measuring the truly ambient temp. I also have them hanging in the canopy but when I think temp I am thinking of that ambient room temp. I also measure the ir temps under lamps to confirm that I am good. My ir temps tend to be a couple degrees off my ambient (lower), they are way off the readings from a thermometer mounted above the canopy under the lamp.

Watch plants, thermometers can lie, and to be honest it's hard to quantify anyway.

HHULKK

I take my temp measurements off the thermostat display on my air handling unit. To me that's a good average of the ambient temp. I would think that if I measure canopy temp they'd be right about 80 degrees more or less. So maybe I am doing what you guys recommend but giving more of an ambient temp reading when asked. I don't really put thermometers all over the room to measure all the different temps. When adjusting the ambient temp to above 80 I find the plants start to crown a lot more than I'd like. It maybe lead to better yields but I'm fine with the results I get at my settings.

Some pics here @ day 53 for your viewing pleasure reppin' the 6/9

Latest posts

Latest posts