What's new

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Yup, still there are too many guys who have tried Jacks and don't like it to make buying 50 lbs just to give it a try make sense. No matter how ya spin it or mix it. If 50 lbs saved you money then why didn't you save even more buying a ton to start with?:biggrin:

LSWM

Maybe time to start a Jacks in coco thread. This is the 6/9 thread.

There's plenty of Jack's threads, I'm just responding to questions, comments.

This is also Coconutz thread and I'm pretty sure it's been established he's been banned twice now.

LSWM

I know the ratio is 1 to 2/3 by Ec/weight. What does that that come to mixng gram per gallon for like 1.5 Ec. Or how are u mixing with it?

Small volume mixing instructions are 5 tsp Jacks to 4 tsp CalNit. I mix by volume not by weight. 4/3 tsp jacks/calnit to 18 Gal of RO comes out @1.1-1.3 EC. I don't worry and just go with it.

EDIT: Sometimes I add a tiny bit of Jack's pH adjuster. I mix this @ 2 tbls per liter which doesn't even fully dissolve next time I will be mixing it @ 1tbls per liter. I use this mix @ 10-20ml per 18 gal. This is an occasional thing I do that makes me feel better about constantly not checking pH and feeding at 5.4, lol.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
It's still the 6/9 thread and doesn't matter who is or isn't gone. The last thing we need is this thread to start going the way the MB and Veg+Bloom threads have.

theother

It's still the 6/9 thread and doesn't matter who is or isn't gone. The last thing we need is this thread to start going the way the MB and Veg+Bloom threads have.

I can guarantee you coconutz would be all over jacks, sure he would have an opinion one way or another. He loves 6/9 because its cheap! (no disrespect intended, cheap is good)

Snow Crash

Veteran
This is also Coconutz thread and I'm pretty sure it's been established he's been banned twice now.

:laughing:

At LEAST twice! LOL

That guy is like, if your garden had spider mites, and your spider mites had herpes... He'd be the herpes.

Oh, you think the Coco is your friend. But your merely adopted the coco. Nutz was born in it, molded by it. He didn't see perlite until he was already a man; by then it was nothing to him but binding. The coco betrays you, because it belongs to Nutz. I will show you where he has made his home, whilst preparing to bring justice. Then, I will break this coco brick and expand it. Your precious bottle shelf, gratefully accepted. We will need it.

HHULKK

I just bought a new 6 gallon jug of gh bloom and I have enough micro around to stick with the 6/9 for another run or two. Sorry for getting the thread off subject. I'm still gonna try jack's out eventually just to be a little more cost efficient because it never hurts to use less and get more or the same. Thanks guys for the input!

Here's a couple day 35 pics of some bubbas on 6/9 sm and protekt

theother

I just bought a new 6 gallon jug of gh bloom and I have enough micro around to stick with the 6/9 for another run or two. Sorry for getting the thread off subject. I'm still gonna try jack's out eventually just to be a little more cost efficient because it never hurts to use less and get more or the same. Thanks guys for the input!

Here's a couple day 35 pics of some bubbas on 6/9 sm and protekt
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54213&pictureid=1300607&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54213&pictureid=1300606&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
I feel like jacks is very inline with the 6/9 mentality. It's a one part right? That always scares me.

HHULKK

I think its two parts, the jacks hydro and the cal nitrate. I believe it works well with RO which I am equipped with and that pH falls into the right place with the mix. For me that's dealing with less to mix. I don't know how it is to really mix up powders though, I hated working with beneficial bacteria powders in the past. I'd definitely mix by weight using a scale.

HHULKK

The cost of GH is actually already very minimal compared to what other nutrient lines I've used in the past. I however just got to the point where I think I was over feeding and running through my first set of 6 gallons faster than Id like, mixing everything at 1.5 x 6/9 strength. I've been trying out some vegging plants with minimal runoff using regular 6/9 and they seem to be responding well. Easier to water as well since they are not really setup for runoff and I had to place them on buckets to do so.

theother

The cost of GH is actually already very minimal compared to what other nutrient lines I've used in the past. I however just got to the point where I think I was over feeding and running through my first set of 6 gallons faster than Id like, mixing everything at 1.5 x 6/9 strength. I've been trying out some vegging plants with minimal runoff using regular 6/9 and they seem to be responding well. Easier to water as well since they are not really setup for runoff and I had to place them on buckets to do so.

What does regular 6/9 come out at for you? I thought I remembered it coming out around 1.5 in ro with the silica and sm90.

The runoff less veg is fine, I did that for awhile and then when they got moved into bloom the drip feeds would flush anything out that had built up. Never had a problem.

HHULKK

What does regular 6/9 come out at for you? I thought I remembered it coming out around 1.5 in ro with the silica and sm90.

The runoff less veg is fine, I did that for awhile and then when they got moved into bloom the drip feeds would flush anything out that had built up. Never had a problem.

I am also getting 1.5 ec with ful strength 6/9 + sm + protekt. I was using up to 2.0 ec strength with that bubba grow to get them to stay green but I think I had to do that because I was going for too much runoff. I'm just gonna water to full saturation and whatever runoff I achieve is what it will be and I'll stay around 1.5 ec and use less nutes.

GonjaLove

I am also getting 1.5 ec with ful strength 6/9 + sm + protekt. I was using up to 2.0 ec strength with that bubba grow to get them to stay green but I think I had to do that because I was going for too much runoff. I'm just gonna water to full saturation and whatever runoff I achieve is what it will be and I'll stay around 1.5 ec and use less nutes.

i dont get much runoff at all. im in 3gal pots and they get about 32oz of feed/water once every morning. .5ml dripclean with 6/9 and a little liquid KB im around 1.5ec

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I can guarantee you coconutz would be all over jacks, sure he would have an opinion one way or another. He loves 6/9 because its cheap! (no disrespect intended, cheap is good)

Jacks has been used and talked about for many years by people on here and coconutz has been here longer under multiple names. I never saw one post of his in the MB, Jacks or veg+bloom threads. CNutz posted on here his next thing he was going to try was GH 3 part- veg, micro and bloom.:tiphat:

theother

Interesting, so the runoff was keeping you feeding higher, because it wasn't allowing anything to accumulate? I guess that makes sense, still love runoff though. If I remember right when i was doing multi feed I would have it so the first feed of the night ran a trickle and then later ones would run a bit more. How much runoff where you getting?

Jacks has been used and talked about for many years by people on here and coconutz has been here longer under multiple names. I never saw one post of his in the MB, Jacks or veg+bloom threads. CNutz posted on here his next thing he was going to try was GH 3 part- veg, micro and bloom.:tiphat:
Pretty sure he wouldn't mind, but I think we worked our way back to 6/9 anyway so its all good.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Dang my 6/9 never reads above 1.2 ec. The batch I mixed today read 1.1ec. My well water is .2 ec. I also add 1.5ml agsil and 1ml peKacid. I test my bluelab with 1000ppm calibration solution so I know that is accurate.

HHULKK

Yes, I think it wasn't accumulating because I was getting at least 20-25% runoff hand watering once a day. I even remember in head's thread he said he was getting very little runoff, a trickle if anything. So yes, it was causing me to chase a higher ec overall. It make sense to me. I also hated emptying all the runoff everyday after I water since my tray sits very low so the amount of runoff I could keep around is about 2-3 gallons per 4x8 tray.

HHULKK

Dang my 6/9 never reads above 1.2 ec. The batch I mixed today read 1.1ec. My well water is .2 ec. I also add 1.5ml agsil and 1ml peKacid. I test my bluelab with 1000ppm calibration solution so I know that is accurate.

Maybe the water amount you work with is a little more than the volume you're mixing for? I run ro and mix small batches in 5 gallon HD buckets and just 6/9 alone nets me about 1.4 ec.