What's new

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

cannacultural

When I say PGRs, I should probably have clarified. I don't mean any of the synthetic hormones or fancy products at the hydro shop. I'm talking about inputs which are sources of auxins, gibberellic acid, cytokinins, brassinosteroids and triacontanol. This can be a seaweed based product, or sourced from other natural plant sources. For example I have a product which I have seen at the local nursery which is a fermented liquid extract of seaweed/fish/humic/worms and has cytokinins, auxins and triacontanol.

My current experimenting and research is around using seaweed powder/liquid, aloe vera, as well as a couple of other organic additives with the others. One product I am most interested in is Vitazyme, but I am yet to be able to source it locally.

LSWM

When I say PGRs, I should probably have clarified. I don't mean any of the synthetic hormones or fancy products. t the hydro shop. I'm talking about inputs which are sources of auxins, gibberellic acid, cytokinins, brassinosteroids and triacontanol. This can be a seaweed based product, or sourced from other natural plant sources. For example I have a product which I have seen at the local nursery which is a fermented liquid extract of seaweed/fish/humic/worms and has cytokinins, auxins and triacontanol.

My current experimenting and research is around using seaweed powder/liquid, aloe vera, as well as a couple of other organic additives with the others. One product I am most interested in is Vitazyme, but I am yet to be able to source it locally.

I use floralicious + almost religiously. I can't say it is completely organic, or that they do not add synthetic triacantanol, but it is a seaweed + humic/fulvic acid product and a little goes a long way. Definitely full of gibberlins and auxins.

Don't use it too late in flower or you'll get crazy foxtails and increase your flowering time.

1 other product i like is superthrive in veg. Contains Amino's + b vitamins +IAA. Definitely helps with stress and building root mass . Has potential to inhibit flower set so be careful using it in flower.

Coconutz

Veteran
Tahoe S1
picture.php

More Bubbas
picture.php

picture.php

Old Wifi clone
picture.php

Kosher is gonna put it on the glass!
picture.php

theother

Tahoe S1
View Image
More Bubbas
View Image
View Image
Old Wifi clone
View Image
Kosher is gonna put it on the glass!
View Image

Kosher looks good, can't wait to see how it finishes for you. Always amazed at how the tahoe stacks up for you, love it. Did you self the tahoe or did you grab s1's recently? I remember you saying your where ditching the one you had before.

Just realized I was looking at the pic of wifi and assuming it was the kosher. Kosher stretched a bit didn't it?

Coconutz

Veteran
Tahoe S1s are from caliconman aka swirl.
My old Tahoe was a clone from a shop. It just doesnt get going in veg.
The S1 clones are super vigorous though.
The Kosher is a tall lanky girl... Hopefully she fills out.

Coconutz

Veteran
Im not going to keep clones of this Kosher.
Hopefully something in the pack stacks a bit more.
Shes going to be the tallest plant Ive ever grown and there are too many gaps.

theother

Im not going to keep clones of this Kosher.
Hopefully something in the pack stacks a bit more.
Shes going to be the tallest plant Ive ever grown and there are too many gaps.

Pop some more for sure, I'm no expert on the phenols or anything, but what I experienced with it was definitely not the tallest plant ever.

HHULKK

Yo, cnutz and everyone..
I have some hell's angel og and another og cut that I've been vegging. They're about 6 weeks old and recently transplanted into 2 gal and prevegging in my flower room til flip. The plants look to be be fading. What would you guys recommend when dealing with this? I'm feeding once a day right now at full strength 6/9 around 1.4 ec. I was first thinking adding mg with Epsom and seeing if it'll correct this but I'd like a more experienced opinion. Would upping her watering frequency help without really having to change the nute strength? Thanks again!

HHULKK

These og's so far have been the only strains that I've used 6/9 with and haven't exactly had them get nice and green like the other strains I've tried this on. I use Ro with head protekt n sm90. Could it be these need something more specific to get them to stay nice and green?

Coconutz

Veteran
Are they drying out?
I dont veg that long... How many waterings?
Whats the environment like?
Are you using the hardwater micro with your RO?

HHULKK

Are they drying out?

They are getting watered once a day. The environment is dialed(sealed with co2) temps 77 medium humidity. I'm using the regular micro. I'm vegging some smaller plants and a large mother using the same Rez and they are performing well but it just seems these og's are not getting something they want to stay green. Also the plants dry but not completely to where they would actually need more than one watering per day. I am planning to do 6 maybe 4 per k hence the longer veg. I don't really wanna trigger these til I can work these out. When I say the other strains stay nice and green I am referring the the same health of the plants shown in your pics.

Coconutz

Veteran
Keep them wet.
A few days of multi waterings should green them up.
If not, you can try some epsom(1/2-1g per gal)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
No calmag with ro???? I always add 5-2.5ml per gallon to start before i add nething to the water n my ogs look great...
I hate to flower plants that arent 100% healthy but recently i put a few plants in flower that were looking unhappy having a few deficiencies n Ive also noticed they snapped outta it and doing fine on wk 6....

Coconutz

Veteran
No calmag...
I forgot to mention that my flowering plants get dark once they stop using much N.
During veg they stay fairly light.
You dont want them to be dark at all really
Are yours vegging under HIDs 18/6 with co2? 18 is a lot for hids. Plants use a shitload of energy
Co2 with flouros would be a waste.

theother

Are they drying out?
nailed it I suspect. When there cranking, they get pissy when they dry out. I have worked with a couple of cuts that drank WAY more than others, may be a contributing factor.
Yo, cnutz and everyone..
I have some hell's angel og and another og cut that I've been vegging. They're about 6 weeks old and recently transplanted into 2 gal and prevegging in my flower room til flip. The plants look to be be fading. What would you guys recommend when dealing with this? I'm feeding once a day right now at full strength 6/9 around 1.4 ec. I was first thinking adding mg with Epsom and seeing if it'll correct this but I'd like a more experienced opinion. Would upping her watering frequency help without really having to change the nute strength? Thanks again!
Try getting that water frequency up. I have never had what I would consider a problem with 6/9 and veg. Sometimes if shit dries out it gets a little locked up though.

Coconutz

Veteran
My clones dry up in the cups erryday. No problems so far, but they are still small.
Big plants, like 6 weeks, will need quite a bit of water/nutes to keep them happy. I wouldnt let them dry out much at all.
Keep dem girls moist homie!

Coconutz

Veteran
LG 5k btu window ac sucks my dick!
I guess its best to slightly oversize your drying room AC so it doesnt suck all the moisture out of the air?
During the day this thing just keeps running!

Coconutz

Veteran
No calmag with ro???? I always add 5-2.5ml per gallon to start before i add nething to the water n my ogs look great...
I hate to flower plants that arent 100% healthy but recently i put a few plants in flower that were looking unhappy having a few deficiencies n Ive also noticed they snapped outta it and doing fine on wk 6....

+1 on the switching part...
Sometimes clones just dont like 18hrs of intense light homie, especially if they arent getting enough water/nutes.
They usually pull out of it a week into flower though.
Plants under my T8s always do better than plants under my t5s

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LG 5k btu window ac sucks my dick!
I guess its best to slightly oversize your drying room AC so it doesnt suck all the moisture out of the air?
During the day this thing just keeps running!

now you see why i need a 10k :joint:

cannacultural

T8's are better for veg you reckon? I have some old 4ft T8 fittings that I was gonna use for a veg setup, but thought they weren't as efficient as the T5s. What wattage are you tubes Coconutz? I'm gonna need to expand my veg setup soon, if I can make use of these T8's I'd be wrapped. otherwise I got two 2ft 4tube PL 55w (220w) fittings - using one at half at the moment with good results.

Latest posts

Latest posts