What's new

5Lbs/1Kw Challenge-The Quest for 80 Zips with Galactic Grape

mrsmall

Excellent stuff and i hope you get close to your goal, nothing is impossible if you can create the oppituinty,
Guess what strain i managed to get hold of from seed bay!
Looking forward to the numbers on this and gotta say i love ya set up, ganga growing machine!

cheers

abellguy

For the flush I use r/o, base, very small amount of cleaner, enzym, and both types of sugar. The specific products I use are final phase, hygrozym, bud candy, and liquid carboload. You would probably wanna tapper your EC carefully with it so you don't get the over yellowing.

In rockwool I use no base because there is no danger of a sudden change to the rootzone as there is with areo. I am looking forward to the finish and the final numbers, it's gonna be nice no matter how much you get, great job :rasta:

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 70 Bloom Update

Unit:

Side:

Bud:

Track Plant:

Data:

So here we are - Last day standing!

I have new flowers only at the tips and the grape perfume is thick in the air. These plants never got into a late feed. They only moderately fed till the clear. I didn't use any special clearing agents - just lowered the ppm every day.

Some extra final day pix coming up.

cont.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 70 Bloom Update cont.

Budz:

Opposite Corner:

Leafy top center plants:

Bud Tip:

On the last shot you can see the accumulated tip burn. Not bad really.

cont.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 70 Bloom Update cont.

Bud:

Budz:

Runt Row:

Top:

Beer Cup Challenge Group Shot:

I'm trying to inspire my beer cup babies!

I'll have chop shots up inna bit - It's been a long long day.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-AK

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Thanks for all the pics man, looks like you have a boat load of trimming ahead of you and that stuff looks to be a tough trim. Very nice work and it has been a great ride so far, looking forward to your final numbers.

abellguy

Well you made it to the finish, the proverbial drum roll is going and I surely am looking forward to the final numbers :D The one thing I notice about the buds and comparing them to buds that I have grown areo style is, they have a starry look to them if that makes sense. At least that is the way I describe it, my OG's would especially do it where the individual calyxes almost kinda fox tail out of the buds. Have you experienced this with other strains you've run and what is your take on it? Great job on pulling off the run even with having to deal with high temps and hight constraints :rasta:

smoooth

Man what an awesome grow and thread you had here. Very informative! Glad you made it threw and can't wait to see the final product and hear about the numbers! Even with the little heat issue you had during the grow they still look great and maybe you will do another one that is dialed in the entire way through.
Btw thank you for putting in the time and effort to make such great threads. They really are very enjoyable to read and follow.

junior_grower

Been lurking for a while and wow. The time energy spent, and information you collected will be priceless. I'm gonna say 3 in the jar. Good luck on the next grow. can't wait to see it.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
good luck.

i think big numbers. im guessing 3.1 lb.

lets see some harvest/hanging pics.

ive been getting kinda bored with all my diesel, chems and OG's, and i have been

checking out quite a few new grow threads, and im feeling this one. with anything over

2.5 lbs, it will be on top of my next seed purchase list.

thanks for the sick thread......

RBDF

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Chop - part 1

The Track Plant

Last Day Standing:

Fresh Chop:

Fresh Trim:

Fresh Weigh In:

The poor abused track plant. I picked this plant at the beginning of the grow to represent the average plant as it went through the process. It ended up being the runt.

Fresh weight was 10.5 oz. (The plate is .3) My rule of thumb for estimating dry is about 75 - 80% dry. So my guess is around 2 here.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Chop - part 2

A good looking plant

Since the track plant runted out, I selected another plant to watch go through the process. I picked one in the middle edge. I'd say its our solid B student - slightly above average.

Still Standing:

Fresh Chop:

Fresh Trim:

Fresh Weight:

17.3 fresh puts my estimate at around 3.5 dry. From that I would guess the per plant average for the grow to be around 3.

It's hard to get really good at estimating - the plants will make a fool of you quite often. The other problem is that everyones plants are from Lake Woebegone - they are all "above average".

Note: I scewed up the track sticker. I accidently picked up the sticker from the last scale shot. That's what happens when I break my own rule of "positive identification at all times". meh

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
superb ak if 3 is the number you done a great job and I know your gunna improve that number next run

looking forward to your plans and changes for the next run,with all the dedication and effort you've put into this thread I think you could get alot closer to your goal

peace and vibes

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Chop - part 3

And all the rest

I normally put 1 plant per hanger, but I was frankly concerned that I would run out of dryer space. So I just stuffed the hangers and away we go.

Half Way:

Old Boo-boo:

Dryer:

Track Plant Hangers:

Remember back at the start when I nearly twisted the top off a plant? As you can see, it came back nicely and sprouted that huge top. Duct tape fixes anything!

My dryer is a closed box with an oscillating fan, small heater, and a dehumidifier. For the first 24 hrs the heater(on low) alternates time with the dehumidifier while the fan blows. BTW a dehumidifier in an enclosed space will die if left on all the time. The buds then spend 2 more days gently waving with just the fan on.

Chop Notes:

These buds are firm to the touch, but not the rock hard solid ones from the test plants. They also have a "spikey" appearance not evident in test. They certainly did not attain the girth of the test plants either. Heat damage and lack of light would be the leading contributors to these problems in my estimation. The plants furthest from the CO2 generator looked the best, so I believe the heat to be the main culprit.

The grape smell is a little stronger than I remember in test as well.

There was no popcorn at all - every bud site was substantial.

These are not the prettiest of buds, but still quite substantial, smell very nice, and have decent trichome production.

My quality grade for these buds would be a B-.

I'll be back in 3 or 4 days with final numbers, nug shots, smoke report, and final conclusions.

Let me thank you all for your attention, comments, questions and help throughout this process!

A special shout out to d420 from Carpe Diem for releasing these great genetics. This thread would have never happened without him and this inspirational plant.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-AK

Latest posts

Latest posts