What's new

55G of FUCK ME

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Ok all is well, Bloom has begun.... I think you guys wanna see some pix of plants not a buncha water so i am gonna show u plant pix here in a day or so on this thread bc they are actully doign good. Lucas formula + a few addivites

275 ML Micro-

550 ML Bloom-

155 ML h2o2

55ML Floraliscious PLUS

275 ML hydrozyme

275 ml fLORABLEND

275 ml SILICON shit i forgot the brand

in my res change today

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Im done with hydro too, way too much water. Our soils are coming out way nicer than any hydro we grew, its taking a few weeks longer but overall a better (and easier) experiance than god damn hydro.

A

Aleksis Stoned

:fsu:

IMHO there is a nature law for these things which you do not learn in physichs lessons. There is always a knot in your rope or electric cable eventhough you just straightened them. You always knock your feet to a corner which is the only thing that you could hurt your feet in your appartment. You're always out of coffee when you most definately need it most (oh and don't even want to go to toilet paper -philosophy). And what comes to water: It is ment to go where you most certainly don't want it to go. Hydrophonic gardens and boats are on this line of fire.

Guys i've sunked my boat(s) i guess two or three times in my life. Now i'm knocking on wood because i have Hydro setup with 150l reservoir right in my livingroom up in 9th floor of appartment housing.

When the shit hits the fan...

To all you hydorguys: My sympathy is with you! Hydro gives me nightmares 4 real. Beat that law of "everything goes wrong" with positive attitude. Tomorrow is always ment to be a better day!

toastfighter2

Hey Aleksis Stoned, I hope you have some kind of back up in case something like this does happen. Like someone else said, at least a cheap kiddie pool, or something That kind of a leak in your spot would draw a lot more attention than what you could ever want.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I run a 120 gallon reservoir and oh boy would I be PISSED. My dehumidifer and wet vac are great tools for cleanup. Get some pondliner and seal your floor, get a flood alarm so your pump will shut off in the event of a leak.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I was gonna suggest cranking all the dehumidifiers you can on high until the room is bone dry, worked good for my wet carpet.

A

Aleksis Stoned

Hey Aleksis Stoned, I hope you have some kind of back up in case something like this does happen. Like someone else said, at least a cheap kiddie pool, or something That kind of a leak in your spot would draw a lot more attention than what you could ever want.

Aye! Actually local law enforcement left a growtents waterpool at a friends place which is now in better hands :joint:. Oh that was a shitty thing too here is a story:

He had plants almost ready (~ a week to harvest) and after partying a weekend elsewhere came sunday home and everything was gone. They did leave his system right there with water spilling around to his parquet floor and you can guess what happened to it. Now it is really hard to proof that the floor was okay when he left the building. Would mean that someone else takes a stand that he/she had seen it but that means that he/she would be charged with assistance (or to be true knowing that he is a grower and not telling it to police...).

:fsu:

We all know that this shit is illegal (growing) but this shit ain't right. They did it just for being assholes.

But now everyting is okay...Life goes on and supplies are now in use and so on but still as i said it's really fucked up!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Good analogy, bad conclusion. It DOES have something to do with the method, for this kind of accident is next to impossible with soil grows (unless you're a doof and you spill your watering can on the way to the garden). My only point in the post above is that anxiety about water accidents with hydro setup's is one reason (albeit not #1 on my list) I chose soil.

To: hydro haters

So all you're really saying is that any old idiot can grow with soil since it requires little preparation, no engineering, minor attention to detail and just generally is idiot proof. :moon: :joint:

The method isn't the issue. The guy using it is. And unfortunately the rewards to be gained by a hydro grow can mean some trial and error and lessons learned. Hopefully this thread will lead a future grower to put in a liner BEFORE starting a grow. Stop hating and be thankful that someone else may learn a lesson from this grower's mistake.

A

Aleksis Stoned

Actually i was thinking the same. This topic isn't a debate between soil and hydro that shit belongs to elsewhere. There is really good reasons why people takes their chances with huge amounts of water in their grows and no soil-licking-mofos can change their heads. I love soil, I love coco and I love hydro and never tried aero so i can't say anything about it but i guess i would love it too...fuck i like everything what comes to ganja! But none of these growing methods is above another!

There is no such thing as perfect grow.

Pot Pimp

OMG... that's serious. With nutes in the water, probably your worst problem will be mold. Mold lives off of anything it can "eat", including wood, carpet, drywall, etc - especially if it's been soaked with nutrient rich water. Try to find something besides bleach; I know everyone uses it but it's not a good choice. I feel your pain bro.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
To: hydro haters

So all you're really saying is that any old idiot can grow with soil since it requires little preparation, no engineering, minor attention to detail and just generally is idiot proof. :moon: :joint:

The method isn't the issue. The guy using it is. And unfortunately the rewards to be gained by a hydro grow can mean some trial and error and lessons learned. Hopefully this thread will lead a future grower to put in a liner BEFORE starting a grow. Stop hating and be thankful that someone else may learn a lesson from this grower's mistake.

even though all that shit happened, i still like hydro better ... look at my plants now....

www.youtube.com/norcalbudz420 or click my signature - there doing good

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
even though all that shit happened, i still like hydro better ... look at my plants now....

www.youtube.com/norcalbudz420 or click my signature - there doing good

Leaks and even floods come with the territory. Nothing whatsoever to be ashamed of. Im sure you've learned a lesson that will help you massively in the long run and hopefully someone else will learn from your ordeal. Glad your plants are doing well. Floods suck but if its tended to quickly the plants will recover. It's a part of the risk/reward equation that all growers must consider.

Harvest

i had a 25 gall spill, but i was in a hut so it wasnt too bad, now i just lay tarp under the hut just incase.

my sympathy, never had a spill growing but had a leak in the roof of my last house and boy that shit sucks and be very careful about mold that shit kills.