What's new

5000 barrels a day of oil (210,000 gallons) leak off the coast of Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know the moratorium didn't evaporate. The system has an appeal process. Until that runs out or the ruling is opposed, the moratorium is in place.
You are stupid. When a ruling is overturned, they do not keep in place what was ruled against. That is the stupid sort of thinking that liberals always have about things.

No, deep water drilling could begin the second the ruling came down. I don't think there were any attachments placed on the ruling. Unless you can show us something different?

The court ruling was just and made good sense. It is misguided minds that see it differently.

The court knows that there were 33 permits granted after meeting all of the criteria to be approved. One caught fire and was destroyed causing a blowout. Nothing has been shown that the other permits granted have anything to do with the incident at the DWH. The government gave no other reason for placing the moratorium, so there is no logical reason to think that these other permitted operations have any potential for failure.

The thing is that the enviro-nazi folks are calling the shots here. The admin is clueless and is taking their cues from their hard left base. This is opportunity to them.

Oh, and BTW....it is falling in around them. The phony bullshit is showing it's true rancid rot.
I could not be happier, and it amuses me greatly to see this whole thing coming to a miserable end. Only part that is bad, is the harm that these fucks have done and will do until we get them out and gain sane control again.

Danks2005

I've never liked the idea of offshore drilling in the first place. Though it didn't make sense to me to punish the companies who did nothing wrong. Especially since BP takes credit for the vast majority of OSHA safety violations. I am however, completely opposed to DEEP water drilling. In standard drilling the BOP is on deck and accessible for maintenance and repair, in the deep it resides on the sea floor, only accessible to ROV's. This just seems like too much risk to me, even though a failure may be rare, as we can see it is catastrophic.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You are stupid. When a ruling is overturned, they do not keep in place what was ruled against. That is the stupid sort of thinking that liberals always have about things.

ALERT!!! The asshole has arrived.

No, deep water drilling could begin the second the ruling came down. I don't think there were any attachments placed on the ruling. Unless you can show us something different?
Nah, I'll just let you keep on thinkin' while big oil waits for legal clarity. Prolly depends on an appeal.

The court ruling was just and made good sense. It is misguided minds that see it differently.
Yeah, I guess owning stock in seven or eight oil services companies helps see things different.

The court knows that there were 33 permits granted after meeting all of the criteria to be approved. One caught fire and was destroyed causing a blowout. Nothing has been shown that the other permits granted have anything to do with the incident at the DWH.
None of them have a plan to contain blowouts, unless you consider BP's doing a swell job. Have you taken a look at aerials of the Gulf lately?

The government gave no other reason for placing the moratorium, so there is no logical reason to think that these other permitted operations have any potential for failure.
You need to go back and read some more. It's the biggest environmental disaster in US history, one we can't rectify atm.

The thing is that the enviro-nazi folks are calling the shots here. The admin is clueless and is taking their cues from their hard left base. This is opportunity to them.
So is the opportunity to compromise. But we've got these right wing nuts who want their way or the highway.

Oh, and BTW....it is falling in around them. The phony bullshit is showing it's true rancid rot.
So are 99.4% of your posts.

I could not be happier, and it amuses me greatly to see this whole thing coming to a miserable end. Only part that is bad, is the harm that these fucks have done and will do until we get them out and gain sane control again.
Yep, 75% of our current deficit directed at cowboy policies of the past are a real drag. But thanks for bringing that up, hooty.:)

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This just seems like too much risk to me, even though a failure may be rare, as we can see it is catastrophic.
I agree that the results of a failure are more than anyone seemed to imagine. And there are some serious thing need to be done, for one the root of this incident MUST be known for a fact. And once that is known, further safeguards can be put in place to make sure we can respond to such a rare event.
Also, there should be no reason that we couldn't continue with the other rigs, and start immediately performing full inspections of each rig. There are only 33 companies with permits, it could be done by the best of the best and now...if we had any sort of leadership.
And no reason it can't happen while production continued.
There are many in the field who can throw a whole list of bad resulting from halting production like this. Not to mention the folks that are not getting their regular groceries.
Should BP be responsible for paying all these folks who have been out of work because of this moratorium? Of course some of you do.
But, grounds are pretty easy to find that the Obama administration is culpable for those losses. But hey, they have a money bag, so no problem.

*Disco, you are so goddam stupid it isn't even funny anymore. Do shove the fuck off. You lack the skills to debate or even discuss anything.

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
*Disco, you are so goddam stupid it isn't even funny anymore. Do shove the fuck off. You lack the skills to debate or even discuss anything.

On the contrary, I think that BOTH of you are quite entertaining and have carried on a great convo.:tiphat:
I think that both of you are also very passionate when it comes to things of this nature, you are obviously conservative in nature and DB is liberal. Honestly, you know what, here is some food for thought. This thread was started and it says 5,000 barrels a day, now today we are hearing in the news it could be up to 40,000; or more? I am surprised this thread ran this long. Keep it up fellas...:dance013:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
BP documents indicate they estimated a worst case scenario early after the blowout. Several years ago, BP bragged about their ability to estimate oil/gas flow using sonar. These guys knew the whole time, they just hoped they could plug the well and low-ball the spill estimate.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

how many thousands of barrels a day does that vacuum get up?

LMAO with the judges in the US.It is always nice when you have a judge who is not fully independent.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/jfd/Feldman_Martin_L_C/2008.pdf

What the judge has stock in an oil company? Thats what you guys are running with?

Which oil company was a party to the suit? LOL

-
I see dip shit is going to try and issue a second moratorium.

Rule of holes:

1.) When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

GoatCheese

Veteran
BP Oil Spill - Criminal Negligence or Deliberate Sabotage?

BP Oil Spill - Criminal Negligence or Deliberate Sabotage?

In this special video report for Prison Planet.tv members, Paul Joseph Watson analyzes the evidence for both criminal negligence and deliberate sabotage of the BP oil well and explores who is benefiting from the oil spill, both financially and politically.

The Watson Report: BP Oil Spill - Criminal Negligence or Deliberate Sabotage? 1/4
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel#p/u/17/E5Va3W8JQ9o

The Watson Report: BP Oil Spill - Criminal Negligence or Deliberate Sabotage? 2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wfR16D3xEw

The Watson Report: BP Oil Spill - Criminal Negligence or Deliberate Sabotage? 3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFmgoldyrgA

The Watson Report: BP Oil Spill - Criminal Negligence or Deliberate Sabotage? 4/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2eBIa_OlnM

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.