What's new

500 watt Scrog Grow -Blackjack-

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Nice Spacing there, nice & even, perfect amont of Tops, they are gonna be a nice size.
Peace..........Scroger'

i agree! my biggest mistake and i saw that!less tops,less yield!
:respect:

skunkworx im jealious because i dont have so nice spacing and perfect amont of tops but i take my lesson for my next grow.
keep nice as you do man.:yes:

SkuNkWorX

kind & scroger, thanks for the encouragement and posative words! your posts and interest here are always welcome!

Tjo Thanks...Ya, it hasent been exactly easy keeping things down and level...I worry that i have too many heads in there..."i dont want popcorn budz" but ill take what ever i can get! thats for sure. Im told that im doing a good job, so i think im just bieng over concerned with things! This is my first real attempt at scrog, and really my first serious grow...I cant be doing bad considering the facts...I just dont know what to expect! Thanks for stopping by and posting! Peace and luck Skunk :smokey:

Tokesome

Hey Skunk, all is looking really cool with your grow.:biggrin: Are you having to do much in the way of leaf tucking to keep heads exposed, or have you really got it as even and perfect as it looks. It really does look beautifully spaced out. I haven`t got mine spaced quite so well throughout the whole screen, fortunately its a big screen and I do have a fair area looking like your`s, its exciting eh? 20 odd years on and I still find it exciting, that feels great.

Have you got much bud forming beneath the main heads or were you ruthless enough with pruning the shoots off. I wasn`t quite ruthless enough, I still have some flower heads that will never make the light, I`ve been chopping some of these off today.

Like Tjo, I`m on a learning curve, I`m going to be pleased with the result of mine I`m sure, but next time it gonna be the most perfect scrog, heh heh, that`s my aim at least. Various people on the forums here at ICmag have really helped me enormously, you too by the looks of it, I haven`t had such great help since the days of "Overgrow".:comfort:

Tell me Skunk, how much Calmag (in ec please) are you mixing with your RO water to replace the tap water`s Cal and Mag?

I was reading something a buddy here had posted about Canna nutes, I know you`re not using them, but the point is, their nutes are designed to be used with a base water of ec0.2, assuming that the ec0.2 value is mostly Cal and Mag as is the norm with tap water.
The thing is, when I apply the recommended dose of Calmax (same proportions as Calmag plus I believe), it far exceeds this. I`m trying mine at ec0.3, allowing for some of that figure to be made up from the nitrogen content of the Calmax, its not as much as the recommended dose. Dunno if I`m being wise though as all has been looking good on that front up to now. I`m actually using B`cuzz nutes at the mo, but nearly out and reverting back to Canna. I think most nutes are designed for or around this level, unless they specify hard/soft water. Just wondered what your thoughts on it are?

Blimey, I`m waffling again . . . .:whistling:

SkuNkWorX

toke, i used 2.5 ml per gallon of cal-mag plus, I think directions call for 5 ,l but im thinking that half streangth is enough due to whats already in the nutes? Ill just have to watch things...so far nothing close to looking like mag def. I havent been doing as much leaf tucking as i should, i really need to get back on it!....it just felt like i was playing with my plants a bit too much...yes they looked better when i constantly messed with them but i cant imagine them enjoying bieng toyed with every day, so ive let them be on there own ( for the most part) for a few days or a bit more. Im going to get baCK TO TUCKING A BIT TONIGHT but not overly done...ive found the leaves i push too far down end up drying out and dieng, or wanting to fall off....Probably due to no light would be my best guess? I need to do a little strategic pruning as well...this scares me but it has to be done!

yes there are still some flower heads that may never make it into full light! I think we all make this mistake the first time as its hard to guage in the beginning. alot of the smaller ones seem to be catching up a bit now, also even though the head isent completely in the light the pre flowers and or buds continue to form? so i expect that even on the ones that dont make it to complete light will have a piece or two of popcorn to offer...lol, i do try and take some of these shoots off when i havent over done pruning , or stressing my plants in any ither way

dang you wanted cal-mag in EC...this is all i can tell you...I have 24 gallons ro water i mix when i added 60ml my PPM went up exactly 100ppm this is at .5 conversion...the info is here if you do a little math, i gotta go for now but if you havent figured it out lemme know and ill figure it out for you. k

thanks for stopping by! new pics and stats will be up later today, stay tuned!
Peace and luck, Skunk

Scrogerman

Veteran
Coco

Coco

Hey Toke,
Hope ya dont mind me buttin-in Skunk dude, i know you dont use the Canna Nute range.
If your using RO water with the Canna(why?-have you silly hard tap?) and setting the EC to 0.3' to compensate, thats giving you a Hard Water formula starting base with the Ca & Mg, This seems like a clean way of doing things to me, but do you use the Hard-Water Canna Nutes in this mix? I can certainly understand why you would do this when using a Coco, but if your in DWC like Skunk or NFT(No-Coco) like me then Standard Canna HW or SW formula's would apply & work just fine without the need to use a Cal-Mag additive, unless of course you had def's, which is unlikely as Canna nutes have ample amounts of Ca & Mg, ive never had an issue using Canna with tap, like you said its designed for it. Toke, you use the B'Cuzz or Canna Coco ferts that are pacifically for Coco if i'm not mistaken, & i aint sure that adding Cal-Mag or similar is nessesary when using Canna nutes with normal tap water in DWC or NFT, its different with Coco and RO and the extra Ca & Mg is nessesary. I was just pointing out that theres quite a few differences between systems here, & different rules apply for each one, using RO etc. Did i have a point-lol, i'm blitzed! I'm sure you can see where i'm going with the points im trying to make here!
Peace.........Scroger!!!!

'Q'- Does Canna specify, designed for use with a starting tap EC of 0.2, never noticed, although i do know its says use with Tap. Does it say at what conversion that is, ppm's 140?, Mmmm i'm gonna haver to take a look into this one, interesting, you got my mind ticking yet again Toke,lol!

Yeah i suppose if your starting EC is more than 0.2 you would be directed to use the 'HW' formula anyway!

Tokesome

Hi Skunk, yeah I`ve done some more pruning off today of shoots and buds that I know aren`t gonna make it. I used to quite like my tub of popcorn after harvest for making butter, hash or BHO, but I want to get as much prime as my girls can put out for me this time around, I`m sure I`ll still find I have enough for cooking etc., but as I said, next time. . . . .lol.

Hey Scroger, fair point. The differences. Still Skunk and I have found the same thing with the calmag/calmax, about half the amount does give ample if its to make up for the lack of cal/mag found in tap water. Your right of course that the management of the Cal and Mag ratios are well managed in Coco, due to its own characteristics, and I sometimes forget we dont all grow in it. I ran Hydro for many years though so I should remember. lol

It took me freakin ages to find that the water in my house kills plants, or at least tries hard. Its strange too that a house one street away has no issues with the water nor do others nearby. This alone convinced me that it was nothing to do with water quality and I soldiered on trying to combat def/lockout probs. Since switching to RO water with a Cal/mag substitute to make up for the loss, things are all good again. I still have a few leaves to remind me of the problem as its only recently I`ve made the switch.

As far as I`m aware Canna dont do a soft water and hard water version of there nutes, and its difficult to find the info from Canna, but ~Shhh~ posted something and put me onto it. Here it is http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3099576#post3099576 I think he uses ppm and ec in his thread, jberry on Rollitup that is.

Its worth following the link he`s provided further down for Canna based info.

Blitzed!! yeah me too, I`m off to play some guitar, I`ve done workin

Toke ;-)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey toke,
Canna do' do Soft and Hard water formulations i assure you buddy. They have done for many years now, first it was just Canna(Classic), Then it was called Substra & Now Its called Hydro, its the same product i believe, maybe some slight chemical changes but essencially the same. I remember the old classic formula which seemed to be universal, but that was like over what 8-10 years ago something like that. Ive still got the old Classic bottles in my attic. Canna Aqua, which ive also had good results using is a universal formulation, but my suppliers (Growell-i use sometimes) state in their catalogue that Canna only advocate the use of Aqua with Water of Medium Hardness, not very specific, but they assure me that Canna themselves have stated this, and printed it in their sales Catalogue.
To be fair Growell do a good catalogue with some pretty usefull info in its pages, especially usefull to novices, as they have some cool feeding scheduals & programmes etc, foolproof really. if you have never seen a Growell Catalogue then i advocate getting one just for a look at those feeding programmes & also the Bluprint pages are pretty usefull for the novice to be fair, well worth a look anyway. Just thought id mention that Canna do do a HW & SW formulation dude.
Peace & Respect............Scroger!!!

If you checkout Growell's website & look for the Canna Hydro, it clearly specifies for you to order HW or SW formula'a when you place your order! it does say Hard or Soft water on the bottles of Hydro if i remember rightly dude!

just had a thought dude, obviously you have the same water supply as others in your area & you said their water is fine, well could it be something like old lead pipes, do you live in an old/older house compared to your neibours?? just an immidiate thought? worth considering!

Oh and Sorry for jacking your thread Skunk old buddy, hope you dont mind my friend!

Tokesome

Sorry Scroger, we`re at cross wires again. My nutes are Canna`s Coco specific nutes, ie. Canna Coco A+B, I`m pretty certain they dont do a S/W version, either that or they just dont sell it round here cos its a hard water area.

I always had good results with Canna in hydro before swithching to Coco around 8-10yrs ago, then no problems with Canna Coco nutes. Then the above mentioned problems beset my growing and the change to B`cuzz was purely to eliminate the Canna nutes from the equation. I`m down to the last of it now and that`s why I`ve reverted to Canna nutes, with confidence too, I bought 10ltr tubs of it.

Water quality, I know, was the root of the problem, but I started tampering with all sorts of things, thinking the water had to be good, afterall its ok at a house on the next street just a few hundred yards away. Since changing to RO water things are looking so much better, and the cuttings show this clearly. I assume its not just a salt build up in the medium if its affecting freshly taken cuttings within 8-12 days.

It makes me wonder what`s in the tap water that I no longer drink, I`m now drinking RO water with added Calmax to replace the missing Cal and Mag out of my drinking water. Not quite sure if I`m dosing myself the right amount though and I cant find a recommended dose for drinking water, just for plant feeding:faint::pointlaug

SkuNkWorX

COLAS

COLAS

TOKE...THE COLAS SEEM TO BE COMMING ALONG NICELY...I hope that things continue to move along without too many problems! I guess they have over a month to go, so there is still a bit of time for things to take shape. I cant wait to see these buds swell up and completely fill the baby colas! not sure that they will, but ill try and be optimistic...
Im kinda wondering how tall these will finish at? ... we were guessing about 16" colas, but some are 14 inches already and havent even seen the second stretch! not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
ill be checking in on ur thread in a bit, hope things are comming along nicely for you as well! Peace & luck.....,Skunk

Tokesome

TOKE...THE COLAS SEEM TO BE COMMING ALONG NICELY...I hope that things continue to move along without too many problems! I guess they have over a month to go, so there is still a bit of time for things to take shape. I cant wait to see these buds swell up and completely fill the baby colas! not sure that they will, but ill try and be optimistic...
Im kinda wondering how tall these will finish at? ... we were guessing about 16" colas, but some are 14 inches already and havent even seen the second stretch! not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
ill be checking in on ur thread in a bit, hope things are comming along nicely for you as well! Peace & luck.....,Skunk

Thats good news mate, yeah they can do a lot in a month.:biggrin:

Mine appear to be going into a second stretch now, I`ll be borrowing a mate`s camera in the next couple of days so should have some posted on my thread soon. Gonna post any current pics?

Toke:biggrin:

SkuNkWorX

toke...yes, ill post some new pics, ive been slackin a bit...my Bad!. they will be up sometime tonight, so if nothing else they will be up bright and early!

as the plants have grown its been harder for me to get full shots due to having to move the lights up and everything else...I have a compact area with a 7 foot heighth restriction...lol its gonna end up close by the time the girls are done stretching. I could pull some down a bit but im affraid to mess with things now that they are growing nicely. They are a bit taller in the sweet spot but ive let them go beside tucking leaves wen needed, i think they will be ok!
check back late or in the morning and ill have some new stuff up!
Peace and luck Bro.....skunk

Ps...lookin good your way! ur catchin on quick...I suppose our next attempts will be even better than what we got now...although I believe we havent done so bad for being new to the technique!

Tokesome

Yeah mate, though I`m saving any pats on my back till the end, I have to agree all is coming together nicely so far.

Aye, I`d probably leave any pulling down unless they really get towards your max height, then maybe some pulling over rather than down. Of course the difficult bit is that you have to find a bit of the canopy with space so that you dont shade any lower buds by leaning em over a bit.:biggrin:

Toke:biggrin:

SkuNkWorX

OK..THERE ARE some pics in my album scrog help...I opened up my tent today to take the new pics and i found something going on with my plants again...looks like a burn but it cant be...maybe K or mag def. already added more calmag plus until i can find out for sure what it is...anyone is free to look and give comments on what they think it is! thanks guys

SkuNkWorX

ok, here are some of the pics of the dammage...feel free to speculate, I need to fix this as quickly as possible so anyone that knows what they are talking about...please help! Thanks Skunk

Latest posts

Latest posts