What's new

50 to 60 oz per plant

atomicfield

april high times has an article about a guy that trains his roots to come back out the pot to form more stalks, with one root ball, thats how he beats the plant limit in his state, anybody see or hear about this?

floater

uh.... sure. don't know how much that would help, though. root mass has a direct relationship with all else. don't really see how more than one main stem could make a difference. sounds like BS. just another story from HT, trying to work a new angle! 50-60oz/plant is definitely possible- just gotta veg 3-4+ months in really big pots. nothing can get around requisite root mass and plant mass to get such yields. the longer you go indoors, the more problems you get with pest. sounds far fetched to me.

scaled down to a reasaonable level, 3-4 weeks veg with good, big, healthy clones could yield upwards of 8-12 oz per plant SCROG if you do well. i don't see a point in pushing it further than that.

twrex

Nope, but I'm curious to know more. How does he get the roots to grow into the air? I mean, the entire concept behind airpots and smartpots is that the roots will not grow into the air. It would seem that if this worked that airpots would have tons of stalks growing out the sides. Not saying it can't be done, I just can't seem to make sense of how this would be done.

My only thought is if he manually moves fully formed roots out of the ground and then uses hormones on them to cause them to act like stalks. I hope someone can find this and tell me more.

atomicfield

he digs up roots brings to surface puts dome on them till they harden up, i guess roots exposed to lights under conditions will turn green

C

cannagirl

I have heard of burying branches to create a larger root system using the same plant but never the other way around, Id be interested in the article, anyway you could post a link

twrex

Okay, I've got the april 2010 issue now and have thumbed through it and can't find this in there anywhere.

how can a root grow when it doesnt have a growing tip? i think BS :) i've seen root poking outta the medium before big thich and hard like a stem but they dont have nodes or a grow tip so how they gonna produce leaves n buds?

T

Tr33

This is pure BS.
me a Botany Grad from ASU
roots meristem can't form the apical or the mother cells needed.

atomicfield

sorry its the may issue, maximizing medicine,how to get the biggest yields out of your small garden. by Nico Escondido, somebody please set me straight, going by a friends word but don't have access to that issue

twrex

That is an issue I can't seem to find access to, the high times website does verify that an article with that name and author exists in that issue though. Anyone got it handy?

CaptainTrips

Well, the root thing is most likely BS, but 3# off a single plant isn't... im sure it could be done, especially outdoors... not that ive ever done it, but with a long veg cycle and multiple lights per plant, im sure 3# off a plant is doable and a good way to beat plant #s lol, in cali anyway there is no wattage limit...