What's new

4x4 Coco Table

icough2getoff

Wooo doggy, fine lookin' shrubbary you've got going on there Cannabis. Can't wait to see them in a few more weeks. Nice clean setup you have there. Count me along for the ride. :canabis:

Vegan

Thanks, .75 gallons Botanicare 6.25" pots.

Nah, I have read that in a thread. I've been using that unit on a timer for 6 years, and didn't use one before that for a few years, never noticed any difference. To ensure this also, I have friends that don't use them and the difference in there bud vs mine is negligible.

Thanks, me too man!

how often do you run the ozone ??

very nice grow,,,coco loves square buckets :jump:

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
From my point of view yeah. Although do you have a specific thread about this, so I can see what these other people are talking about?

I can't think of one off-hand. I think Rez had mentioned it at one-point. He recommended using it inside of the exhaust to avoid stripping the herb of aromatics.

Now I'm gonna have to get me an Ozone generator.

CannabisTHC

Wooo doggy, fine lookin' shrubbary you've got going on there Cannabis. Can't wait to see them in a few more weeks. Nice clean setup you have there. Count me along for the ride. :canabis:

Thanks, grab a seat!

how often do you run the ozone ??

very nice grow,,,coco loves square buckets :jump:

I had the ozone on for 10 minutes every hour, now the smell is a bit worse and now its on for 15 minutes every hour.

Thanks.

I can't think of one off-hand. I think Rez had mentioned it at one-point. He recommended using it inside of the exhaust to avoid stripping the herb of aromatics.

Now I'm gonna have to get me an Ozone generator.

Alright, yeah nothing wrong with putting it in your ducting, I would prefer to do that although I'm pretty sure my ozone generator doesn't create enough ozone for that to work well. Plus I recycle the air in my room fast enough that the ozone wouldn't have time to cause any problems.

Personally an ozone generator is something that has really helped me keep smell down when I needed it. I try to use it as infrequently as possible but its been a great addition to all of my grows.

bbing

Food for thought; O3 will degrade many plastics. Years quicker in fact. ALso has been associated with cancers in eyes and other mucosal areas if prolonged exposure occurs.

..at least that was the conspiracy theory on the street when we used to use thermal stylus papers in the ol Sonar Shack.

looking good btw; anyone know of a good Coco flood/drain-watse? schema for a cyled resevoir?

CannabisTHC

I've read every article I possibly could when buying this unit. My ozone generator doesn't cause a dangerous level of ozone using a timer, I've tested it because the unit came with an ozone test kit. When I tested it years ago the ozone hadn't accumulated to even close to a dangerous level, and that was without any ventilation in a fairly small room.

Now if you buy a corona discharge unit, you will probably reach a dangerous level. But when using my one UV bulb, there won't be enough ozone emitted when using a timer.

My unit makes 47 mg/hr of ozone, go onto ebay and you can find ozone generators that emit 16,000 mg/hr. Now thats where you can start talking about O3 degrading plastics and destroying molds and bacteria.

47/4=11.75mg/hr, according to my timer being on for 15 minutes every hour.

"The Shaughnessy model estimated that ozone releases from an air cleaner should not exceed approximately 14 to 26 milligrams (mg) of ozone per hour of operation."

This model is also designed for people who are inside a home. I'm not in my grow room for more than a few hours at a time.

Also on top of this I recycle the air in my room every minute!

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Great info, THC, thanks for sharing that with us. I'm glad you clarified that for me. Ozone seems like a pretty cost effective way of dealing with odor.

Pardon my interruption, back to the show!:lurk:

robotwithdreams

Veteran
very nice and clean setup. Hope you dont mind if i throw couple questions your way. what size are the drip lines, 1/4, 1/2 in? looks like you found yourself some grommets for the manifold. Did you go online for the grommets or your hydro store? Thanks and hope you have a strong finish.

CannabisTHC

MarquisBlack: no problem, should have said that in the beginning.

very nice and clean setup. Hope you dont mind if i throw couple questions your way. what size are the drip lines, 1/4, 1/2 in? looks like you found yourself some grommets for the manifold. Did you go online for the grommets or your hydro store? Thanks and hope you have a strong finish.

Thanks, ask away.

I've got 1/4" lines.

Yeah I searched everywhere online for the cheapest price for those. The cheapest online places that I was about to order from ended up having shipping that cost as much as the grommets would, it was ridiculous. The best price I found though was at horticulturesource online, go do a search for it. Thanks again.

CannabisTHC

Update: Every one of these plants have been LST'd except 3 plants which are in the corners of the table because they were behind in the beginning.

3/5- 22 days flower w/ 53 days to go

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Good work bruh, canopy is looking nice and level. How long are the cola's roughly? Looks like quite a few of them.

crtoker

You should be happy with the great new light. Lots of good comments of that model on the forums. Keep us posted.

Grow continues to look nice and healthy.

Peace,

crtoker

pico

Veteran
Looking good sir. How has the manifold been working for you, any problems? Your next PVC project should be my trellis frame, in a few weeks that jungle could be falling all over the place :)

CannabisTHC

Update:

3/10- 27 days flower w/ 48 days to go

Good work bruh, canopy is looking nice and level. How long are the cola's roughly? Looks like quite a few of them.

Thanks, your grow as well, anywhere from 7-12" long. Yeah LST helped with that.

You should be happy with the great new light. Lots of good comments of that model on the forums. Keep us posted.
Grow continues to look nice and healthy.

Yeah I've been wanting this hood since it came out. Thanks.

Looking good sir. How has the manifold been working for you, any problems? Your next PVC project should be my trellis frame, in a few weeks that jungle could be falling all over the place :)

Here he is, Thanks. Manifold is working great, would have never done a drip if you hadn't made your thread about it. I'm about to build another one. I was about to build your PVC trellis, I bought the trellis netting to make it. I just decided not to because the LST helped keep the branches a good distance apart as well as a pretty even canopy. Although yeah your right, they may be falling over soon. If that happens I'll just tie some branches to the ceiling like I did last grow.

CovertCrops

Very nice grow CannabisTHC. I was wondering about your drippers, are they just open end or do they emit a specific amount of water?

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
def get some trellis over the top and train those bitches down. you get wayy more weight. nice work. real clean.

CannabisTHC

lookin good dude!

Thanks man!

Very nice grow CannabisTHC. I was wondering about your drippers, are they just open end or do they emit a specific amount of water?

Thanks, well they're attached to 45 degree angle stakes, so they're not open end and they don't have a specific output. They do pressurize the manifold though compared to using open end like I did last time.

def get some trellis over the top and train those bitches down. you get wayy more weight. nice work. real clean.

No reason to other than to hold the buds up, LST did everything that a trellis would, but did it better atleast for this specific strain. They were trained down plenty. I did multiple training sessions with 13 of these plants, anytime a shoot outgrew other parts of the plant I would tie the shoot down. To get this strain to look like it does in this set up takes a lot of training, its a pretty stretchy strain and it doesn't like to have an even canopy. On top of that they are at exactly the height I want them at. Pretty much every cola has light and room to grow, a trellis really wouldn't change anything other than the ability to hold up the colas.

Thanks!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey cTHC, thanks bro... I like the way that your lot are developing, as I am growing from seed next run (looking for a stellar mother) It's interesting to see how you have managed to fill the space using the plant count you have, plus not having to veg for ever :D (no offense scroggers, lol).

Will be something to remember once I start my beans, which should be shortly. Also really like they way you have the drippers set up (props 2 pico!) I usually have water running through the part you guys have the end stop @ on the filter. Need to have a look at pico's thread to see what's going on there. Also I use flexi- piping will have to look at the rigid stuff. Did you have to seal those holes up with silicone?