What's new

4x4 600w bare bulb distance?

blackone

Veteran
even a 400w doesn't sound to bad for a 4x4. i seen someone pull off 11 ounces pretty easy witha 400w setup and not even vscrog.

but a 600w would be awsome.

it should work out as long as a fan is blowing on the bulb.

11oz sounds pretty normal to me for a 400W? Never tried one. I'm normally pulling 15+ oz every harvest with my 600W.
The reason for going vertical would be hoping for even better yields than that I think? I'm sure a 400W would be great for a 4x4 vertical though - the canopy area after the plants have grown towards the light might make for a better g/W yield with a smaller light - dunno?
On the other hand - lm/W is much better with the 600W.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Bare bulb? You mean NO REFLECTOR? :laughing:
You won't get much of a harvest that way. More than half of the light will be wasted. Along with the money for your electric bill.

Allow me to clarify the situation, since the forum name seems to have completely sailed over your head:

IT'S VERTICAL, YOU IGNORAMUS.

Good lord, some people don't have the sense God gave a rock, no matter how many books they've read. :rolleyes:

blackone

Veteran
Allow me to clarify the situation, since the forum name seems to have completely sailed over your head:

IT'S VERTICAL, YOU IGNORAMUS.

Good lord, some people don't have the sense God gave a rock, no matter how many books they've read. :rolleyes:

Heyhey you're forgetting that he's a physics expert;p

N

nukkumatti

:D hehee It's not always that simple;)

Yeah Blackmon! 4 x 4 for 600 vert. is very very efficient :). I'm trying to turn all growing to vertical. For me I'm going for bigger plants and less work with watering etc.. And easy gram/wat like 6 - 8 plants per 600..depends bushy or sog ;)

RipVanWeed

I did my first 3 runs in a 40" x 50" crate/cabinet.

1kw HPS in a cooltube, 8-10 plants each run. Max yield was 24z.

Train my plants on to a trellis for easy moving.

Had to mount up a 8.5k BTU window A/C to control temps through the summer.

Good Luck, I think your on the right track, let me know if I can help,

darksith

I'm a physics expert. Every bounce loses light. Using lamps without reflectors is just a waste of money. You can not beat the laws of science, you know.

haha, this guy has no idea what hes talking about. Take your light (if you have 1) and put your hand in front of it, so the opposite end of the socket, how much light comes off the front! Bare bulb is the best way to grow so go get educated!

yeah im going with the 600 then.

I was planning on puting a screen against the walls of the tent and just tying everything back to the screen. that way the walls of the tent will just be bud sites.

how long should i veg with a single 600 in a 4x4 tent using 6 to 8 plants?

i was thinking of doing more plants and vegging less because there is no plant number laws in my state.

darksith

yeah im going with the 600 then.

I was planning on puting a screen against the walls of the tent and just tying everything back to the screen. that way the walls of the tent will just be bud sites.

how long should i veg with a single 600 in a 4x4 tent using 6 to 8 plants?

i was thinking of doing more plants and vegging less because there is no plant number laws in my state.
It can't hurt to put a screen up b4, since it will be way easier, but with a 4' space you might not need to tie anything back, especailly if you go with more plants and smaller size. 6 or 7 plants around a 400 is lots if you flip them around 2' depending on the strain obviously. I know lots of peeps that run 6 and a couple that run 7 and 1 that runs 8. 8 is getting kinda crowded, but I don't think his space is much wider than 4'.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Originally Posted by Internode View

I'm a physics expert. Every bounce loses light. Using lamps without reflectors is just a waste of money. You can not beat the laws of science, you know.

obviously this person is trying to make a joke here, I wouldnt take it seriously, cant be THAT ignorant.

that said..
VERT ALL THE WAY BABAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never go back, aircooling is more difficult, but the hell with it, its worth it in the end.

whats every1 hitting gpw wise? how long did you veg, how many plants? I know some of you guys are killin it out there..

I really dont want to veg for more than a month.

i was even thinking no veg time and just using lots of plants since i am in a state where this is no laws on plant numbers.

not sure yet but no longer than a month.. i can have as many plants as i want

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
You won't get much of a harvest that way. More than half of the light will be wasted. Along with the money for your electric bill.

This 'Physics Expert' just had this lowly Business Major laughing until he almost pissed himself.. If this guy is a Physics Expert i am applying at NASA today :moon:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran

yeah and im the reincarnation of Albert Einstein :dance013:

dont you think you got lost in the wrong forum and might have to go read a basic grow guide also before you come in here and bashing ppl that does more grams pr watt than you will ever pull from any grow ever?

some ppl are here to display
some are here to learn and get inspired

...and then there ppl who just have no clue on why and where

wickedpete66

A pound off of 5 plants in a 600wt vertical set up tells me that you dont need a reflector. Science may be accurate , but the plants dont lie.

I

Inspired333

I did my first 3 runs in a 40" x 50" crate/cabinet.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=6703&pictureid=158212&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

1kw HPS in a cooltube, 8-10 plants each run. Max yield was 24z.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=12989&pictureid=293303&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Train my plants on to a trellis for easy moving.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=12989&pictureid=301796&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Had to mount up a 8.5k BTU window A/C to control temps through the summer.

Good Luck, I think your on the right track, let me know if I can help,

You did this in less about 4x3.5 foot?? ....With a 1000Watt? What???
Please explain how you managed that

B

Billy Ocean

Anyone heard from Internode lately ?? Homie jus poppin in!

DirtyBurger

Wow, internode, can you please post us something you have done with a reflector so we can have a scientific comparison, everyone is a scientist to some degree, that's what humans do. They test things to see if they work consistently. If it doesn't then we generally consider that a flop, even still there is something to be learnt. You may need to update your information about vertical growing, after all that's another part of science. I'm new to vertical and even on my first shitty little run with 4 plants and a digital timer problem, it seems to be better than my previous horizontal run and its been 4 weeks shorter! Anyway there's always someone who will disagree.

Latest posts

Latest posts