What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4x Ethiopian (ACE Seeds, reg.) SCROG - LED 250W - 90 x 90cm (Grow report)

endgegner

Hello,
I am growing Ethiopian right now. This is an illegal medical grow in eastern Europe. I live in a country with strict drug laws (but I have a medical license for buying and possessing in Germany).

Medium: Pure Coco Coir, but a 1.5cm layer of pure Perlite at the bottom
Light: Migro Aray 3 (250W)
Tent: Mammoth Tents Dual 90 x 90cm.
Air exhaust fan: 160mm - 550m^3 (I am not fully sure about the m^3 though, but it is between 500 and 600, no name product from a hardware store) connected to a dimmer
Carbon filter: 125mm - 450m^3
Pot size: 9l
Other fans: 2 clip fans
Fertilizer: Canna Coco A&B

Right now I have only made use of cropping. I did "top" the plant by taking at least one cutting. However, this was when the plant already had a lot of side branches.

Last edited:

endgegner

Vegetative State Day 22:
I have five females and one male (I have already killed the weaker male).
I took one cutting of each plant and put it to the upper part of the tent for rooting.
I did took one additional cutting of my favorite female and the male plant. I will farm some seeds in a different tent.
I have put those in soil and did this six days ago.
I still wait until the cuttings are rooted successfully and then I will kill the male plant and the weakest female.
Then I will set up the net and let it grow for one week before putting the pants to flower.

plants.png

Last edited:

endgegner

Today I have cropped the plants, put the net up. Today is also the first day of flowering.

The plants have 11.5 / 12.5 hours lightness / darkness now.

EDIT: Ooops, I did disable the timer by accident. So today (13th Feb) is the first day of flowering.

plants2.png

Last edited:

endgegner

Flowering Day 13

plants3.png

A few plants were slightly over-fertilized, but otherwise they are doing really good and the SCROG net is what stops the stretch. The space between each node is really big.
I am really happy right now, and I will probably get an excellent result, but we will see in 10-11 weeks.

endgegner

Flowering Day 20

plants4.jpg

The stretch is still there but not as extreme as before and I think it will end soon. Now I avoid cropping and rather use the net for nodes, that have too much space between.
The distance between the light and the plants is getting close to 20cm now. It is a bit too much for me but I don't have more space up. But they don't show any symptoms of heat / light stress, so things are alright, especially since the stretch is already decreasing.
You can also see the first pistil hairs.

endgegner

Looking good! You were able to sex them after only 22 days? What light schedule were they on?
I have counted the vegetative state after the fifth node. So they were alive longer if you add the seedling state.
I have ran 16/8 mostly and towards the end 14/10 hours. I was thinking about going 14/10 from the start because of this article:

But since it is a P3-P5 and not a "wild" landrace strain, I have decided to go for 16/8.

endgegner

Would love to hear about the high later on.
I hope it won't cause a high. I took this strain because of its low THC content and I need it medically against my Asperger autism.
When I am sober I spend most of my time in bed with headaches and being overwhelmed. I can't even work full time, clean up my house and take care of my pets at the same time.

When I vape, I spend a bit less time in bed and when I do, I do feel a bit better than being sober.
But after some time the tolerance starts to develop and I am better of being sober again.

With this weed I hope that the tolerance will start to develop over several months and that I can be as functional as possible.
I will send the best phenotype (the smoothest / weakest effects) to Energy Control in Spain. For 120 euros they can test the THC, CBD, THCv and many more cannabinoids. The results are (sadly) more accurate than the medical weed in Germany. The strains I had only have a THC and CBD value, that's it. And I did not find a strain with low THC and no CBD. Only low THC 1:1 THC / CBD strains.