What's new

4Kw - LA Confidential - Coco drip - Scrog

Hello ICMag, long time follower thanks for all of the info over the years. Wanted to post a grow online for sometime now, figured 'no better time than now.'

I have been growing this La Confidential strain for the past four years. The only complaint is the amount of veg it takes to return a high yield. Other than that, smell and taste are top-shelf.

The plants have been under 1000w for the past 3-4 weeks hand fed. I transferred them into the 4k room last night so I would consider today 11/9 the first day of veg. The media is coco and perlite. The plants are being feed everyday, today was the first full strength feed.

Light schedule is 24 hours until I can get a heater, then I'll knock it down to 20/4. I'm guessing December 1st is when I may flip the plants into flower.

I am going to update once a week for you guys.

Attachments

• 4k side.jpg
    4k side.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Feeeding tubes.jpg
    Feeeding tubes.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Plants low.jpg
    Plants low.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Plants front.jpg
    Plants front.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6

DrFever

Veteran
Are these clones ??? from what i gather you been growing this strain for some years they must be ????
With 3 - 4 weeks already vegged under 1000 watt light normally veg starts once clones are rooted they seem rather i mean really small just saying

BommerGuy & kro-magnon: Thanks for stopping by.

Drfever: Yes it is a clone. This plant grows slow, I also grow a SFV Og that needs half the amount of veg to yield the same.

A little more specifics I leave the plants in the cloner for 3 weeks, then they go under a dimmable 1000. Start off at 400w first week, 750w second week then 1000w for the third week on. This is what I consider my 'pre-veg'. I use this period to allow them to establish roots and allows time to select the most uniform plants, I also a crop and a little training happens.

Attachments

• After training.jpg
    After training.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 11
  • Plant before training.jpg
    Plant before training.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 9
Sweet what ya pulling per k

This isn't high yielding strain. I would say its an average which to me is .5 grams per watt. When I first started growing her I would struggle to hit a pound per 1000w.

After the scrog/pruning/increased veg time, was brought into play these increased the yield. Now the average yield of the LA is 1.5 of high grade per 1000w.

One of the positives of this plant are the bud size. Throughout the plant they are uniform. Meaning, its hard to tell a top bud from a mid or lower. Sometimes plants give you those larger 'trophy buds' then not so good looking mid and lower buds. But to each their own.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
La con I still one of my all time fav's!!! Had a pheno that grew slower than slow. The buds it made were whiter than white and hard as rocks. Was just thinking about ordering more seeds of it a couple days ago.

mr. gt

Hey. Glad you joined us. I grew out La Con. and La woman. Both were top shelf.

I wish I still had some La con laying around and slightly regret not having any...

~mr. gt

DrFever

Veteran
Yea any updates if i were you i would remove that screen for now ,,, and get cropping , and spending some precious time with each one so they will produce more top buds per plant not sure if this is like more of a sog type of grow with netting thrown on top ,, here are some babies with training started 1st week of veg and about 10 day old clones that are rooted and transferred from trays to training totes then later on in there life lol 13 - 16 dry oz plants

Attachments

• DSCF2494.jpg
    DSCF2494.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 10
  • dscf3381b.jpg
    dscf3381b.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF2391.jpg
    DSCF2391.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 8
  • picture455q.jpg
    picture455q.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 13

Former Guest

I'm in for the ride! :lurk:

Four years growing this strain eh? Can't wait to see how it goes :D

I'm looking for info regarding Connie Chung (LA ConxG13) and you are going to be a few weeks ahead of me as mine are rooting from the mothers i grew out. plus i do love the la con flavor :)

I'm going to update on Mondays for you guys. Vegging plants are not that exciting.

@ Mr. gt; thanks for the kind words. You're right the taste and smell are top notch.

@ Fishywater: Thanks. She's a easy plant to grow, slow veg and not a lot of stretch.

@ BoomerGuy; Everything is running fine. I'm going to update on Mondays.

@ DrFever; Your plants look good. I'm lurking around your seed grow. I cropped once two weeks ago. I know the pics do not show well I use two trellis's per tray. The first trellis is just for training the
plants and the second to ensure the buds do not fall over. I'll get so more pics of the trays and stuff for you this week. Thanks for keeping up.

@ ladyluckybean; Thanks for coming by. I'm sure the intensity of the high is stronger because of the G-13. The high isn't a knock
down its more of a conversational smoke, right behind the eyes & nose, slightly in the upper chest. I can smoke this all day.

BoomerGuy

40- Looking forward to Monday
Fever- Nice looking broads you have there.

You all are inspiring me to take some pics of mine or start a log. I am at the end of a coco run in 3 gal fabric pots hand watered now with Dr. Greenthumbs Freedom 35. I have run aero, a aeroflo120, soil indoors and out and even rdwc. I am thinking the next run will be a simple rdwc in my 4x8 tent to keep it simple. Too many choices... :)

DrFever

Veteran
Nice i try to crop usually do it every 3rd or 4th day Feeding times when i grew soil looking forward to your updates as for my grow not much going on yet just germinating