What's new

4400watts in a 1 or 2 bedroom house need advice

Mr. Freeman

just a fellow cannabis smoker, vaper, cooker and r
ICMag Donor
Your gonna have to look like ur upkeeping the house to sell . Look like a landrord doing yard work every other 3 to 4 days . An empty garage is a must to bring everything in and out inconspicuously .

I would invest in a power gen from Sam'sClub ( Hondas's are quite ) to run most or half the lights . Construct a stealth box to house and supress the noise . Place it up against the garage ventilation hole to run the exhaust . The gen exhaust should also be surpressed with fire retardent materials . Mount a carbo mono detecto and a fire extinguisher for safety .
Try to find a place far away from schools , parks , and recreation areas . Landscape regional aromatic plant around the perimeter of the house . Rent from a company not a lanlord .

Try keeping the grows in the bedrooms in order to " stage " the living areas and have the blinds or curtains open . I can go on but I'm typing on a Playstation controller . Hope this helps .

got any info on stealth boxes for suppressing noise?

Macster2

Forget that crap,gas powered generators will last about a week and blow up. If your going to go that route YOU HAVE TO GO DIESEL. A 4 k grow is not that big esp. if your going to do it once and move on. Hell if your going to do it once you might as well do a 10 k grow. You won't be there long enough to draw any reaction from anyone especially the power co.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol....my cousin knows...I have a friend that is an electrician...

What ever happened to rule #1...?

Regardless of what anyone may say...power companies will and DO watch for grow operations, and they DO get kickbacks for reporting to federal agencies. With that in mind, the generalized consumption of power is considered to be 1000-1200w per bedroom in a house...and roughly 1500w for a living room and 1800w for a kitchen.... These numbers are often used comparatively to see if someone is using and "excessive" amount of power. These numbers by themselves are completely arbitrary, until they are able to show a pattern of high usage in conjunction with peaks within the power grid...meaning looking for the 12/12 spikes of the lights coming on. These two things compiled with the average wattage used by your neighbors....if yours is substantially higher, then they will most certainly red flag your usage....ESPECIALLY in a one or two bedroom "house".

If I were you, I would at the very least make sure to have 2k on for 12 while the other 2k is off....not necessarily a flip-flop, but at least have them on an alternating schedule...that way it shows a constant usage of 2k, rather than a large peek....

A constant power draw is less likely to draw attention...as modern electronics....computers, servers, etc. are left to run 24/7. Rather than moving in a couch and a tv an art work....why not carry in a bunch of old LARGE computer towers, so it looks like you have servers running for a small home business....EASILY explains power usage...

dank.Frank

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^^ i like they way frank thinks, old computer towers, say your running some crazy internet business, good idea!

My excuse (althogh no one has ever asked) is that i run two aquariums, two flat screens and multiple heaters and fans. My power draw is about 1400 watts for the grow + computers and TVs, my monthly power bill is about 200-300 which isnt so "redflaggish" for houses.

Mr. Freeman

just a fellow cannabis smoker, vaper, cooker and r
ICMag Donor
Forget that crap,gas powered generators will last about a week and blow up. If your going to go that route YOU HAVE TO GO DIESEL. A 4 k grow is not that big esp. if your going to do it once and move on. Hell if your going to do it once you might as well do a 10 k grow. You won't be there long enough to draw any reaction from anyone especially the power co.

Thats what I meant, stealth for diesel generators. How bout a link? This will be helpfull and thx in advance.

El Vexilix

Thats true , some gas powered gens do break down . It depends what you get and if you maintenance the gen . We've got a Honda going on ten years now but has only powered 3 1ks hps doing 12 hours . Cost like $150 to run every 30.

I've been trying to look for diesel gen but can only find big farm or lil community gens . Did anyone see the half a million dollar d gen on Marijuana Inc ? I dreamt about running one .

As for the stealth box , I can't a find a link , but It consisted of mdf , fire ratardent blankets or wool under carpet , dynamat , Flamestop and heavy mil foil . The wood was treated with the flamestop product you can find online. Line the inside of the box with dynamat . Cover both the inside and out with the fire ratardent blankets and line the inside with the heavy foil , the thick stuff restaurants use .

But if thats too much , just get your buddy to wire the place , go all out , and the get out of dodge . Just don't f*#@! up the place an kill the neighborhood as it hurts all of us. G luck

Macster2

lol
Regardless of what anyone may say...power companies will and DO watch for grow operations, and they DO get kickbacks for reporting to federal agencies. With that in mind, the generalized consumption of power is considered to be 1000-1200w per bedroom in a house...and roughly 1500w for a living room and 1800w for a kitchen.... T

A constant power draw is less likely to draw attention...as modern electronics....computers, servers, etc. are left to run 24/7. Rather than moving in a couch and a tv an art work....why not carry in a bunch of old LARGE computer towers, so it looks like you have servers running for a small home business....EASILY explains power usage...

dank.Frank

Sorry not to say it's never happened but if its not stolen they don't say shit

maryjanesdad

i ran 4800w out of a 2 bedrm house, not including the ac, fans, pumps. my first home screamed grow house. looking back, i would have chosen a different place. limit your electric use, turnoff all lights, unplug appliances, have few appliances, dont use the washer or dryer, change the light bulbs to more efficient ones, unplug your fridge and buy a smaller one.

maryjanesdad

lol....my cousin knows...I have a friend that is an electrician...

What ever happened to rule #1...?

Regardless of what anyone may say...power companies will and DO watch for grow operations, and they DO get kickbacks for reporting to federal agencies. With that in mind, the generalized consumption of power is considered to be 1000-1200w per bedroom in a house...and roughly 1500w for a living room and 1800w for a kitchen.... These numbers are often used comparatively to see if someone is using and "excessive" amount of power. These numbers by themselves are completely arbitrary, until they are able to show a pattern of high usage in conjunction with peaks within the power grid...meaning looking for the 12/12 spikes of the lights coming on. These two things compiled with the average wattage used by your neighbors....if yours is substantially higher, then they will most certainly red flag your usage....ESPECIALLY in a one or two bedroom "house".

If I were you, I would at the very least make sure to have 2k on for 12 while the other 2k is off....not necessarily a flip-flop, but at least have them on an alternating schedule...that way it shows a constant usage of 2k, rather than a large peek....

dank.Frank

i disagree. think about it, if a customer is using high amounts of electric, but pays his bill on time why would they want to stop it? in addition, if they notify the police about his high electric use then they lose a customer to the penal system and he is replaced by someone who uses 500w a month thus decreasing their revenue. not only that, the customer who got busted wont pay the monies owed to the electric company. so the electric customer loses a paying customer and loses the monies owed...not the best business plan imo.

mistaman

i disagree. think about it, if a customer is using high amounts of electric, but pays his bill on time why would they want to stop it? in addition, if they notify the police about his high electric use then they lose a customer to the penal system and he is replaced by someone who uses 500w a month thus decreasing their revenue. not only that, the customer who got busted wont pay the monies owed to the electric company. so the electric customer loses a paying customer and loses the monies owed...not the best business plan imo.

nah man he is right. the power companies don't give a crap about the extra power their making money off. it's a known fact they look for that type of stuff.

listen to dank frank. that was the best advice i've seen on here.

as far as not living there. my advice would be to hang there as much as possible.

maryjanesdad

nah man he is right. the power companies don't give a crap about the extra power their making money off. it's a known fact they look for that type of stuff.

listen to dank frank. that was the best advice i've seen on here.

as far as not living there. my advice would be to hang there as much as possible.

i agree with him on the normal usage (is 1000-1200 per BR) but what i dont agree with is power companies "looking" for grow ops. my bill used to come to about $700-900 a month. for 2 yrs, i had no problem, paid my bill...even was late a few times and nothing, absolutely nothing. Im not on the west coast mind you.

Macster2

The corporate lawyers wouldn't let them tell shit.First of all what's in it for them? Secondly if a bust went down and it was just some guy with a hot tub and computers or a guy who grew tomatoes indoor.Who'd he look for to sue.
Its none of the power co. business what people use their power for and there not going to make their business unless there's a huge upside and no downside.

As well a house with 2-4 1000 (with a digital meter) watt bulb grow room stands out like a sore thumb if they bother to look so if they're suppling that info to leo we'd all be busted by now.
This has been talked over a million times in this forum and if the power co. were giving leo this info, I want to see examples (proof) not someone shooting off his mouth

WaywardBob

The corporate lawyers wouldn't let them tell shit.First of all what's in it for them? Secondly if a bust went down and it was just some guy with a hot tub and computers or a guy who grew tomatoes indoor.Who'd he look for to sue.
Its none of the power co. business what people use their power for and there not going to make their business unless there's a huge upside and no downside.

As well a house with 2-4 1000 (with a digital meter) watt bulb grow room stands out like a sore thumb if they bother to look so if they're suppling that info to leo we'd all be busted by now.
This has been talked over a million times in this forum and if the power co. were giving leo this info, I want to see examples (proof) not someone shooting off his mouth

good points.

why doesnt this dude just get a license to grow like 49 plants legally, if he really is from norcal.

Norcalpurps

Thats true , some gas powered gens do break down . It depends what you get and if you maintenance the gen . We've got a Honda going on ten years now but has only powered 3 1ks hps doing 12 hours . Cost like $150 to run every 30.

I've been trying to look for diesel gen but can only find big farm or lil community gens . Did anyone see the half a million dollar d gen on Marijuana Inc ? I dreamt about running one .

As for the stealth box , I can't a find a link , but It consisted of mdf , fire ratardent blankets or wool under carpet , dynamat , Flamestop and heavy mil foil . The wood was treated with the flamestop product you can find online. Line the inside of the box with dynamat . Cover both the inside and out with the fire ratardent blankets and line the inside with the heavy foil , the thick stuff restaurants use .

But if thats too much , just get your buddy to wire the place , go all out , and the get out of dodge . Just don't f*#@! up the place an kill the neighborhood as it hurts all of us. G luck

yea ima have my boy do his electrician thing to the hole house ima just have to pay that bill and take that chance.

Norcalpurps

i ran 4800w out of a 2 bedrm house, not including the ac, fans, pumps. my first home screamed grow house. looking back, i would have chosen a different place. limit your electric use, turnoff all lights, unplug appliances, have few appliances, dont use the washer or dryer, change the light bulbs to more efficient ones, unplug your fridge and buy a smaller one.

so i take it u got away with that 4800w grow? did the power company call u ne time?

Norcalpurps

i would love to do a 10k grow but i cant afford that right now mayb after this one i will try a 10k