What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

40x40x120cm Tangerine Dream+Cannatonic

Torbo

On the 10 year anniversery of my last grow I felt like it was time to give it another shot.
This will be my 3rd grow and the last time in this tent I managed to squeze out around 7,7 oz (220grams) with great quality.
Probably wont get as big a harvest this time due less lights but I dont even smoke anymore so I don't really care that much.
Due to different living conditions I had to switch out some of the equipment since last time so this grow I'm using a 60W full cycle LED + 2 55w PL-L lights (2700k).
I was a little sloppy while trying to germinate and drowned 2 of the seeds resulting in 2 plants which has come a few days further than the other two but I think I will be able to manage.
The two on the right are Cannatonic from Resin Seeds and the two on the left are Tangerine Dream from Barney's farm.

D1 Growroom.jpg D8.jpg D12.jpg D13 First full watering.jpg D17 LST start.jpg
These are some pics from the first 17 days under 18/6.
I'm not going to veg them for much longer due the small pots (6,5litres) and the small amount of space. At this moment I'm just waiting for the soil to dry out so that I can top the pots up with soil and those brown drainage balls (don't know the english word for them).
The temp is between 21-29 degrees celsius and the humidity around 35. (I know this is a bit on the low end but I live in an extremely dry area and cannot seem to get it much higher at the moment).

Happy growing!

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
They look happy for 18 days. I like the side lights you are using. I'll ride with you for a while if you don't mind. Thanks for sharing your garden.

Torbo

So I have flipped the switch and yesterday was the first day for the girls with 12/12. I believe they allready are starting to stretch and today I updated the LST. My thought is to make as many budsites as possible "viewable" from the top while pulling the top as close as possible to the side lights.
Unfortunately one of the TD's is a much slower grower than the others so I guess I'll skip the LST on that one.

D23B2 Next step LST.jpg

Torbo

The girls keep growing and I've put the light a little closer so it now sits at 40cm above the canopy and they seem to be liking it.
They also just recieved their first feeding with the water (very small dose of canna terra flores).

D29B8 Above.jpg

D29B8 side.jpg

I find it pretty interresting that one of the cannatonics is growing with 7 fingers and looks the most sativa of the bunch. I thought I would see that kind of behavior from the Tangerines, not the cannatonics.

Torbo

I am starting to second-guess if I mixed up the seeds while planting. The cannatonics are really stretching and the Tangerine Dreams are falling behind. So I decided to put the TD's on boxes to get as close to the light as the CT's. Perhaps the TD's are just slower starters or the luck of the draw has put it so that I have sativa leaning CT's and indica leaning TD's. Anyone have any experience with this?

D39B18 Boxes.jpg

Now they're more at level atleast.

Birmaan

Hey hey
I had 3 seeds of the Tangerine Dream, one of which was definitely more Indica-like in growth, small compact and very wide. The other two were rather monsters ^^ large and also wide. In any case, all three were very tasty and productive.

Torbo

Hey hey
I had 3 seeds of the Tangerine Dream, one of which was definitely more Indica-like in growth, small compact and very wide. The other two were rather monsters ^^ large and also wide. In any case, all three were very tasty and productive.
Thx for your reply!
I was really hoping to get the sativa dominated TD phenos to be honest, that's pretty much why I choose the strain. (to get a energetic high without paranoia). But both of the CT's look more sativa than the TD's even if stretch is not considered so I guess that's my luck of the draw. They smell really amazing tho!
How would you descripe the high on the indica tangerine?

Torbo

Things are starting to happen, the TD's seem to be stretching and atleast 1 of them is now taller than the CT's (while on the boxes) so hopefully I can remove the boxes in a few days.
I think they look happy but if anyone has any input I would gladly take it:
D43B22 stretchin.jpg

D43B22 top.jpg

D43B22 side.jpg
They've also really started chuggin water, and for the next watering I'm up from 30ml to 45ml terra flores/10L water.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts