What's new

400W super lemon haze, first vertical attempt.

jungo

hi man.
i am vegging the girls for about 6 weeks.
they were topped and trimmed couple of times.
this strain is stretchy and if ill let them veg more i wont have enough space and enough lumens(400W) that will cover the height.

jungo

the girls had their first night of 12 hr sleep on Monday.
things getting warmer in the tent.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 14
  • slate
    slate
    118.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 15

jungo

i think that the stretch is over.
didnt have alot from it anyway, i guess because i topped the girls for 4 main colas.
this is day 20 of flowering.

Attachments

• DSCF1468.jpg
    DSCF1468.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1463.jpg
    DSCF1463.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF1466.jpg
    DSCF1466.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1470.jpg
    DSCF1470.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 12

AlexTrebek

Hey jungo you got greath growth going on!
Budsites exploding everywhere!
For your first vert you've managed to anticipate the plants growth stages very well, this is going to be awesome in 2012 man! Great journal and awesome picture updates!

(pls. don't disappear after harvest this ones really looking good!)

Subscribbed

Grow on!
:tiphat:

jungo

thanks alex, although my audiance isnt huge (mainly you...) ill keep the updates to the end.

here they are, 30 days in flower:

Attachments

• DSCF1472.jpg
    DSCF1472.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1473.jpg
    DSCF1473.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1483.jpg
    DSCF1483.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1474.jpg
    DSCF1474.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1478.jpg
    DSCF1478.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1482.jpg
    DSCF1482.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 11
Very nice setup man! I did something similar with a 250 bulb and scored 0.98 GPW. And I bet you'll get something similar.

Must say that IME the plants like it horizontally better during veg and early flowering (stretching). I think that the leafs up there would not have been curling with light from above.

Green Sky

Nice grow Jungo.

Looks like a happy little wreath of bud from the top shot :)

You have helped inspire me to bare my 600 and go vert in my tent ( 40"x40"x70").

My plants have so much lower node development in the last half of flowering, I feel I must light them from the sides.

thanks!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Is it the lighting in the photos or are the leaves a really dark green?

Nice setup you have there, wish I had a tent or two myself! :D

jungo

Very nice setup man! I did something similar with a 250 bulb and scored 0.98 GPW. And I bet you'll get something similar.

Must say that IME the plants like it horizontally better during veg and early flowering (stretching). I think that the leafs up there would not have been curling with light from above.

i wish ill score anywhere near that GPW.
i think the same about horizontally lightning, they didnt stretch enough in my opinion.

I really like you setup, it reminds me of my old vert. Now lets see them buds explode, how ya like that SLH?

thanks man, this is my first SLH run, not much info so far, although one pheno really look good and i cloned it so i think ill continue with it.

Is it the lighting in the photos or are the leaves a really dark green?
Nice setup you have there, wish I had a tent or two myself! :D

thanks man. the color looks dark because i used the flash, i think that they are in the right color.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
They look great jungo, gl.. but in all your early pics, your air intake ports at the bottom of the tent are all closed.. on purpose? how did you take that picture from the top?? That is a great view.

420ish

looks good!looks like you need to pull some fan leafs off for better penetration.too many leafs mean too much larf and decreased yield!

jungo

looks good!looks like you need to pull some fan leafs off for better penetration.too many leafs mean too much larf and decreased yield!

well, i tried to find an absolute answer whether trimming fan leafs is good for yield or not.
i am trying to push them behind the screen but sometime its not possible.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I see that you wired your igniter near the lamp.

Does the lamp flicker a few times and then start up or does it flick and light up on the first strike?

Curious because I've seen a 400w on a 10' cord that flickered 3-4 times before starting, wondered if that lamp would do better for them if the ignitor was closer. :D

Looking great in there! Jealous ;)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
you gonna love the slh..is a fuckin great weed with a great high
and taste.
good luck :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts