What's new

400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG

G

Fuck Yeah...way to go Pontiac! I remeber you from OG mate...wow long road you have come. I have read this thread from start to finish and you've really inspired me...wow, you went from a poor scenario to something people only wish they could grow out...Hats off

Way to represent!

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
TML- Thanks bro! Your drying tips REALLY helped out thank you very much. :wave:

sinsemilla- Thanks bro! :wave:

TREJ- Thanks bro, i never thought i'd inspire anyone. :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Im Celebrating my 10000th view of this thread by posting the final dry weight. :woohoo:

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure :yummy: :

One of my biggest tops :yoinks: :
10152Pretty_Big_Top.jpg

Remember the Triplets? :jerkit: :
10152TripletsDried.jpg

All bagged up and ready to cure :jump: :
10152IMG_0683.jpg

Well, they've been slow drying in the boxes for 2 days now, so i moved them into 3 - 1 gallon ziplocs to cure. I weighed them by placing 3 empty ziplocs on a scale and used the tare function to bring the weight back to 0. Then i removed the empty bags and i just placed all 3 weed bags on the scale and got an accurate weight. Well heres the final weight, it couldve been alot better but i'm very very happy with the results: :woohoo:

FINAL WEIGHT:

GRAMS: 232.05
OUNCES: 8.185
POUNDS: .5115
GRAM PER WATT: 0.58

Not bad for 2 plants huh? I'm planning to take things to another level for my next grow. I'm going to aim for a 1 gram per watt harvest, but i'm gonna have to step up my setup to reach that goal. :sasmokin:

Well thanks to every one who watched my thread. Mucho thanks to packn2puff, that guy saved this grow. Thanks to General Hydroponics (and the makers of my other nutes), who made maxi grow and maxi bloom. Thanks to serious seeds for creating the original AK47, and thanks to Nirvana for creating a cheaper version (AK48). I'll still stick around and post some updates on my setup and such....well thanks again IC!!! :wave:

O btw, this isnt the last time you'll see this particular AK48, i have a rooted clone which i plan to turn into a mother plant. It'll be deja vu in a month or so. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

GreenDreamz

GOD DAMN....those nugs are looking sweet bro.
Congrats once again on an excellent grow you definatly have plenty to hold you over.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Buds look real nice..good haul too..would have liked to have seen glass airtight jars for the cure..some like to sweat the buds in zips a few days then go to glass jars..
If the buds are gonna suddenly disappear I wouldn't worry about it..or you can do a side by side and see what you like better..food for thought..my :2cents:

darrinjefferson

pontiac- congrats on the huge harvest bro. this is exactly where i want to be in a few months with my new cab. its amazing you got that much off of 2 plants alone.i cant wait to start growing again.
i got a couple questions for you. you have seen my grow design for my next cab. i was planning on using a 400watt but then thought it would be too hot so then i leaned more towards a 250. what are your thoughts? my cab will also be 4' tall, maybe less if i can. i also was thinking of building my own aircooled hood or maybe your way of venting the light.
waht do you think? can i do a 400watt?
thanks for the help.

cant wait to see your next run.
keep it real bro

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Sense- Thanks! :wave:

p2p- I do have 1 or 2 mason jars laying around i guess i can place some weed in there; see which one like better. Thanks for the idea. :cool:

DJ- O, i absolutley believe you can pull it off bro. My cab dimensions are also 4' x 4' (same as your flowering area), and if i can pull it off with a ghetto 400w hps setup, so can you. I've had many heat problems, but it never went past 92 even on hotter days. And after updating my cab (new louvers and vent duct), the temps never went past 88. Sinse youre getting a killer vortex fan and are planning to get an aircooled hood (and other air moving devices), i believe your temps will stay in the low 80's, maybe even the high 70's. I wouldnt decrease the size of the cab though, i like the designs the way it is.

Thanks for the comment bro, i wish you the best of luck with your new setup. :wave:

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
Very well done pontiac :wave: .Really enjoyed watching this grow,now the best part you get to enjoy the fruit of your labour :yummy: .

pontiac said:
Not bad for 2 plants huh? I'm planning to take things to another level for my next grow. I'm going to aim for a 1 gram per watt harvest, but i'm gonna have to step up my setup to reach that goal. :sasmokin:

Congratulations on your harvest and .5 Grams/Watt!

I'm curious what you mean by "step up [your] setup"; what are you thinking about doing different to increase your yield?

Different nutes?
More light?
Bigger growing area/screen?
Different temperatures?

Love to see the next grow.

Good luck! :woohoo:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Hey krusty :wave:

Well i'm definatley considering upgrading my light to a 600w aircooled digital light. To do that i'll need better ventilation; 265cfm+ instead of the 160cfm fan i have now. I will still be growing in the same box but yes i do plan on getting a bigger screen for scrog. You should check back a few pages for the full list of upgrades.

I should be growing again in about a month or so. Thanks for stopping by krutsy! :cool:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
I'm pissed off bro, i couldve done alot better than that. If only i had 6 clones instead of 2, and if only i knew how to scrog train better. Well its all good though, it was my first grow and i was prone to making mistakes. Thanks for dropping by!

G

pontiac you fuckin rock, welcome to the club-half a P is the place to B!

don't be pissed quit playin! hindsight is always 20/20..........change "if only" to "next time" and you're set homie!

Latest posts

Latest posts