What's new

400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG

G

be careful putting multiple strains in one tub. some strains like more nutes than others, and this can turn into a major pain in the ass. personally i'm going to grow some monsters, 1 per 5 gal bucket, to get the plant count down.

G

:wave: Yo pontiac, thats a sweet grow log you got there. I hope your next is even bigger. That's really inspiring to us still new growers (one success and one failure :badday: here)

I just pulled my 400w out of my old cab and shoved it in the bathroom, just to change things up. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna throw a bunch of ak48 and some uncertain sativa under it. How tasty is that ak48 stuff?

Until I get mine, make sure to smoke one for me :yummy: I'm jealous

goodluck

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
UserName- Thanks bro! Yea i guess a half pound is pretty stellar. Youre absolutley right, different strains sucks up nutes in different ways, thanks for reminding me of that. Instead of 6 separate strains in one system, i might just do a 6 plant Chronic or a 6 plant NYC diesel grow. So far your buddha test grow is hot and i cant wait for your single 5 gallon buckets grow. Will you be using a 400w too?

OTC- Thanks bro. When fresh, AK tastes fruity and nice; once cured, AK tastes like well um...pretty harsh, i guess its the phenotype of this particular strain. Kinda hard to describe, but it still gets you pretty ripped. I prefer to smoke AK in a blunt or through a bong to decrease the harshness. Thanks for stopping by :wave:

Last edited:

bostrom155

pontiac said:
OTC- Thanks bro. When fresh, AK tastes fruity and nice; once cured, AK tastes like well um...pretty harsh, i guess its the phenotype of this particular strain.

I get the same thing sometimes, it's seems better to smoke it after a good 7 day dry, then in the jar a few days.

very nice, I think you could definitly increase your yeild with a 600W light. Very Nice grow. I'm thinking about going with some more exotic strain on the grow after my current one. Maybe some G13xHaze or something. I chopped my last grow last Saturday and had fresh clones in by Sunday afternoon. Make sure you clean really well between grows with 15% bleach solution to help keep any bugs out.
DEFINITLY CURE FOR AT LEAST A MONTH. It only gets better. The best smoke I have is from my first grow over a year ago. It's so smooth that you smoke more...then get retarded.

G

Congrats on your grow man...

Do you know the sativa/indica ratio on the ak?

HIDEyourBUD said:
It only gets better. The best smoke I have is from my first grow over a year ago. It's so smooth that you smoke more...then get retarded.
:woohoo: Ain't nuthin' like gettin' retarded. It goes beyond being stoned. It's a religious experience. I enjoy becoming spiritually stupid. :cool:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
yeah, i thought the whole curing thing wouldnt make all that much difference, but after 6 months in glass my last crop (pure indian sativa) is so much smoother tasting...it lost the grassy smell it had, too.

Very enjoyable thread. I'm growing AK48 outside right now. I have a gallon pot full of new mix and I can't decide what to put in it...maybe another AK48 or perhaps some Durga Mata...hmm...

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
I cant believe it. I tried some of my cured ak48 bud yesturday and i just cant believe it. I really didnt know what was about to me happen after blazing up. I was literally FUCKED UP from 2 joints; it was just AMAZING. I'll have to smoke with caution and moderation from now on. That was probably the second greatest high of my life, the best being the first time i ever lit up. Curing=Magic, thats all i have to say people.

HYB- Thanks for the tip bro, enjoy your harvest! Cant wait to see that G13xHaze grow, that'll be one hell of a show. :cool:
OD- Thanks bro :wave:. I believe AK is 70% inidica, and 30% sativa. I'm not too sure though.
RW- Yup i thought curing was a bunch of crap, but i was WAAAAY wrong. I cant wait to smoke bud that has been cured for months. :canabis:
G23- Nice, you'll find that AK is a pleasure to grow. Its a very durable strain and can handle great amounts of abuse. Good luck bro, you wont be dissapointed. :wave:

Last edited:
G

A little brown nosing is in order hahah....Honestly man you have one the most awesome setups right there dude...Reading through this thread and shit man have fun with that smoke man..Love and Peace

treehuggers

heya fellow-cabby-grower,... nice setup, great pic... the knowledge is there. what more can be said... :friends:

take care, TH

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
Overdoze said:
A little brown nosing is in order hahah....Honestly man you have one the most awesome setups right there dude...Reading through this thread and shit man have fun with that smoke man..Love and Peace

High pontiac! ....and others! Yes, Ive enjoyed reading thru your thread. read most of it. lol. Awsome grow and harvest! I'll be watching for the next! Peace brothas, TBug :yummy:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
TH, TB- Thanks for the comments. Finally decided on the items for the second grow, now i just have to order them. I should be growing again soon! :wave:

G

Hmm, about tasting better fresh I recall a similar experience with 8 beautiful Cali orange buds I had from nirvana. In flower they had this sour berryish tangy smell, fresh cut, well after the first few days when the hay smell was gone, it was like citrus in your face type inhale, just strong solid orange. After 2 weeks in the jar it kinda had a dry cereal smell including taste, I became put off to the smoke because I lost the exquisite flavor.

Fear not, I smoked it all :joint:

Speaking of cleaning with 15% bleach and such, after setting up my lights and fan in the new grow room I went after it with cleaning supplies. I poured bleach in the toilet and in the tub, rinsed and flushed 5 times, repoured and started dippin and scrubbin. 2 hours, 25 clorox wipes, 3 sos pads, a roll of papertowels, and an ounce of sweat later I had that sucka sparkling clean from the air vents, to the floor, even mopped the inside of the cabinets :woohoo:

BUT! I shit you not, 4 days later as the sprouts start to take hold, I'll be damned if those fockin ants don't smell mary jane first. A lone rider, crossing the plain, a chunky fire ant on my upside down tubberware. Just 7 dixie cups, a meter of blue plastic, and this lone ant blazing the trail. I don't know how he got in, pisses me off. I lost a whole "crop" of 10 day old ak47s and white rhinos 2 years ago. Ants do not fuck around in Texas guys! :fsu:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
eh there pontiac :wave:

Glad to see you are getting ready to go another round. I'm looking forward to how far your knowledge can bring you this time. :respect:
Don't forget some of the newb simplicity you learned from your first grow though...you were obviously very successfull there.

I don't know what your purposes for growing are. I see you are maybe planning to grow Chronic. From growing my chronic cross I can say it's a good yielder, but potency is slightly lacking. Would be great for commercial crop though :2cents:

Looking forward to your future grow Pontiac! :wave: :joint:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
OTC- Yup the fruity taste of my ak48 deminished but the potency sky rocketed over the curing period.

TML- Growing mj is just a hobby for me (no selling). I like having an endless stash of weed for myself and like giving free weed to friends and family. I'm down to 3oz cus i gave so much away (and smoked), and i'm pretty sure i'll be down to my last ounce in a month or so. So i need a potent strain and a good yielder for my next grow (and a better setup). You seem to know ALOT about strains, any suggestions for me?

Latest posts

Latest posts