What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG

B

buzzed day

hello pontiac,yes your scrog failed but stay with it!it is a hell of alot of work but the rewards are well worth it.put your screen on sooner and waint tell most holes have a bud sight in them then switch to flowering.good luck your grow looks good though and have a buzzed day

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Woah just found out my timer has failed for about 8 hours cus it fell out of its socket. I reactivated it and everything seems fine now.

I also found a little surprise waiting for me today. A couple of days ago when i was taking out the net, I heard a tiny little "snap". It turned out to be this little nug (see pic). I'm not that pissed off cus i am just dying for a sample :joint: . I think it weighs about a 1/3 of a gram, so i'll add that to my final harvest weight.

10152IMG_0560.jpg

buzzed day- I'll definatly stay with scrog for a looong time, just not for the rest of this grow. Thanks for the nice comment, hope you stick around.

Be back with updates soon.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Right on..I didn't wanna say anything..but I was thinking that fence would hinder things at this point of your grow..so I think you're making the right move..
You can do stem crushing and break-overs to slow down tops and let the others catch-up too..till you get every thing fairly even, a sea of tops..I used to call it Screenless ScrOG..good oxymoron..manipulating branches by using the plant itself to do the training..like moving a branch behind a fan leaf to support it for better light and height, etc...
I think your grow will turn out just fine.. :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 57 (Flowering day 22)
43 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: :confused:, Temp: :confused:, PPM: :confused:, Humidity: :confused:

!!Update!!

Kinda too soon for an update, but i just installed a duct vent ($11 :mad: ) with one end attached to the exhaust and the other end near the light. Hopefully this will put an end to temps above 90 F. Also, as you can see the net isnt there anymore, just some training strings.

Didnt bother checking the meters today, but i will for the next update.

Took a pic of my favorite cola again, i just love how big and fat its getting:
10152IMG_0562.jpg

P2P - Wow p2p, i always use the plant to do most of the training! I thought i was the only one that did that...I just put the big fan leaves over the dominant tops to slow the tops down. I also like your stem breaking idea, sounds promising. I think you've invented a new training system! It doesnt fit in the LST/HST/ScrOG categories, and it should definatley work! O btw, thanks for the reassurance, its always good to hear that from a pro.

Last edited:

packn2puff

Veteran
By nature I'm pretty lazy..or I'd do a lot of things better..I try to stay informed..get the good info from people I respect..then pass it on..but Pro..not even close yet..but thanks for saying that..

I like to use cord to pull branches towards the main stem and higher up when the buds start putting on weight..
You can see that here..plus I had to use external support on this clone..this was originally started in LST..BubbleDust clone called Medusa..
That main kola weighed about 2.5 ozs..so without support it would go clear to the floor..thats the main drawback to LST..
sometimes the plants physical structure get's weird and may require support here and there when things get heavy..
Don't wanna pic up your thread..but good visual aids.. :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Damn thats some good advice, i'll keep that in mind while i'm LSTing. :chin:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 60 (Flowering day 25)
40 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.95, Temp: 83 F, PPM: 775 @ .5, Humidity: 75%

I cant believe how low my temps have become, today it was at 83 F!!! WOW! The temperature before the louvers and duct were installed, was around 93 F! Best 30 bucks i've ever spent for this cab.

I boosted the ppm to 775 (1.55 EC), i still plan on raising it to 2.0 before the 30th day of flowering. Do you guys think that raising it to 2.0 that quickly will burn my plants?

I'm also keeping the pH between 5.8 and 6.0, because the plants were getting sick when i kept the pH between 5.1 and 5.5. (Little brown spots on the older leaves were occuring)

Gonna place an order on some florabloom, so i can use it as a PK booster. I couldve chosen koolbloom, but its just way to concentrated.

Well, I took some bud shots for your enjoyment:

Multiple buds:

Triplets:

Twins:

:joint: :

Favorite Cola:

O and i also sampled that little nug that broke off a few days back. All i can say is that AK48 is AMAZING. I cant belive i got a buzz from that little shit! I liked the smoke alot (a bit harsh); it gave a nice stoney feeling and almost a 100% couchlock effect. Growing this strain is well worth the time and effort.

Wow, just 40 days remaining till harvest, i cant wait! :wave:

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 68 (Flowering day 33)
32 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.41, Temp: 84.5 F, PPM: 1001 @ .5, Humidity: 72%

Wow, havent updated in a while, so heres some new pics. They got REAL big, almost freaks me out when i compare them with the last pics :yoinks: . I cant believe theres still over 30 days till harvest :canabis: ! I sure hope i get past the 10oz mark.

I finally got the courage to increase the ppm to 1000 (2.0 EC), hopefully they wont get burned. pH is kept around 5.5, and i dont see any deficiencies.

I'm kinda proud of myself for getting this far, considering that its my first big grow and all. I had very little money to start with and i never thought i'd make it this far. Well here i am now and im very happy; hopefully this grow will inspire all broke-ass potheads like myself. Anyway, have a nice day everyone! :wave:

Left Side of Cab:
10152LeftSide.jpg

Center of Cab:
10152Center.jpg

Right Side of Cab:
10152RightSide.jpg

Budshot1:
10152Frosty1.jpg

Budshot2:
10152Frosty2.jpg

Favorite Cola:
10152IMG_0587.jpg

Triplets:
10152Triplets2.jpg

Last edited:

packn2puff

Veteran
:eek: Kick ass...they're doing awesome..anybody would be proud to have those babies in their cab.. :woohoo:
You'll have a killer yield.. :wave:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
great job Pontiac! looks like you have gotten the temps under control too, eh? cant wait to see them finish.

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Hey Packn2puff, I run GH nutes and was told that chart was way too high for Cannabis. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I bought GH 3 part with Diamond Nectar and Kool Bloom but I only use Micro, Bloom, Dn and Kb. Lucas style 5/10 veg 8/16 bloom plus additives. Basically, I use 2 parts 2 to 1 and monitor my ppm's.

Thanks guys, great thread.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Wow, thanks for the comments and support. I'll just try and keep the EC under 2.5 (1250ppm @ .5). From what i remember, this is the ideal concentration level.

Thanks for the chart p2p :wave:

Do you think its cool to add some PK booster (eg. florabloom, koolbloom etc) to add some bud mass? or will it just stress and burn my plants if i do?

Dope: yep, the temps stays under 90F, even on hotter days. Humidity is still a biatch though.

Last edited:

Mampi

Yo sup pontaic... nice looking plants you have there and some sweet work on the cab too!

Going by that GH chart above it says to start koolbloom @ week5 bloom, and start florabloom @ week3 bloom. Only thing is it seems they have either only accounted for a 7 week strain or expect that you will flush for a week...

I'll be watching bruh :_

CiaO!

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
dude mcgiver would be proude to have a cab like that ,cant say enough about it itsjust killer ,and that ak is going to treat you right to

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Lookin great in here Pontiac.

Shouldn't be too long now you'll be enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Great job on the cab.

Looking forward to watching them finish.

packn2puff

Veteran
Sorry, I've been offline a couple days..The chart is more of a guideline..good ratio's I think..ppm's seem right.. :chin:
If it was me..I would hit them with Kool Bloom the last 2 or 3 weeks or so..I start with Top Max early/mid bloom...finish with Kool Bloom..
It will ripen the plant..leaves may turn..but allows the buds to pack on some weight..IMHO.. :wave: