What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Very nice, bro! Those colas are FAT. Whatcha think so far about the comparison with your CFL enviro?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well...... I see the yield difference for sure! BUT!!!! You knew there was going to be a BUT... My Thunder Goo's are just as frosty in my CFL cab so my quality argument may stay the same but I still have 10 days worth the 10K MH light to hit them with and thats when I should see some interesting shit! I will say that the Flubba x Blue Moonshine's are more resinous in the tent but then again I've only grown it once in the cab and they were small, I have 3 in the cab now so we'll see how frosty they get... Anybody got any hints or help they can shoot me for the Bubba Chunk bitch :thanks:

M

MacGyver420

nice grow!
love the tent setup you really put that 400 to work for you

i read all the pages but i could have missed it... what size fans are you using for exhaust/intake and what about a carbon filter (or what are you doing about the smell)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks guys I wasn't sure how I was doing as far as a HID grow goes hahaha I just got a bag of Biobizz Coco Mix anybody use it? I notice this shit has some kind of slow release ferts in it wtf!!! I'm gonna look around and see what others say about it..

sednal

hey bud, things look great besides ur bubba! i hate fussy strains, it drives you crazy wondering if its an over feed or under feed or what ever the hell else! As for the coco with time released, id highly recommend not using anything with time released ferts. If you think its hard to dial a fussy plant in with a soiless medium, just imagine with a medium that has ferts releasing whenever they want and in different ammounts at different times that you can not control.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well I've searched around and can't find anything on it and the bag says it just contains coco coir and coco peat and it looks and feels like the other brand I have just I see little yellow things here and there and they are little bb like things and I can pop em when I squeeze em so I don't know!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
nice grow!
love the tent setup you really put that 400 to work for you

i read all the pages but i could have missed it... what size fans are you using for exhaust/intake and what about a carbon filter (or what are you doing about the smell)

I'm using a 4" 177 CFM Vortex for exhaust and cooling my hood, and I have a lil Cool Breeze fan on the floor and my temps stay around 70-75 :eggnog:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Good job with a 400 Watter. Really good job.

thanks bro, hey whats up with that Grand Daddy Grape Ape? Is it different from just plain ol Grape Ape? Cuz I see it in my Big Book of Buds 3 but I've never seen a cut for sale or seeds or even a sack of dried bud of the shit hahaha

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Day 35

Day 35

Ok so I took some pics yesterday when I watered and then took some inside the tent shots and yesterday made a full 5 weeks of flowering...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thunder Goo's in square pots day 35

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Dream day 35

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Flubba x Blue Moonshine day 35 notice the cola on the right in the last pic how it's got way more bud sites that the others? That's cuz it's the super cropped branch I did it to 2 of them on that plant and both of them have the fattest colas and even those have side branches with buds that made tops out of themselves so I am going to get into super cropping all my HID grows :smokeit:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellant looking plants bro,i been lurkin in the shadows but that was a killer post yo...what size are those square pots?
peace-T-

M

mrsrixon

I totally agree with the chopping. I chop at least 6 growing ends on each plant over its veg cycle. I do it for clones but also for the extra weight. If you do it early you will end up with a single plant with a bunch of big colas and dozens of medium sized ones.

Looking sticky!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well my account ran outta space!!! I need to delete all my shit so I think I'm gonna make a secondary Thundurkel hahaha Just for HID!! Yea it's a jungle in there and DAMN Thunder Goo is blowning me away with how fat the buds are at week 6 I'm talkin Rockstar cans!

M

mrsrixon

how much cal mag do you use during veg and flowering? I am new to coco and am not sure whether to follow the soil or hydro mix directions